• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PAC 12 Thread v6.0

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ASU is still bad but Colorado is completely broken. Everyone is bad. Maybe Oregon can make it through but they don't seem so great either.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CFB Betting Lines:
Oregon -8 @ Stanford
Washington -4 @ Oregon State
USC -6 @ Colorado
Cal -7 vs WSU
UCLA -3.5 vs Arizona State

BYU -10 @ Utah St
Boise St -5 vs Nevada

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CFB Betting Lines:
Oregon -8 @ Stanford
Washington -4 @ Oregon State
USC -6 @ Colorado
Cal -7 vs WSU
UCLA -3.5 vs Arizona State

BYU -10 @ Utah St
Boise St -5 vs Nevada

I really like USC and Cal to cover. I'd stay away from the other PAC lines

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yahh, they're not the only ones pulling this crap. It's obvious once they and other certain programs get a silent verbal, they make sure the analysts get notified to magically boost the rankings in exchange for that inside information. Then those crystal balls get updated to make them look like their geniuses at projecting where recruits are going to commit to.

Still nice to see it being exposed how corrupt many of the recruiting analysts are.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yahh, they're not the only ones pulling this crap. It's obvious once they and other certain programs get a silent verbal, they make sure the analysts get notified to magically boost the rankings in exchange for that inside information. Then those crystal balls get updated to make them look like their geniuses at projecting where recruits are going to commit to.

Still nice to see it being exposed how corrupt many of the recruiting analysts are.

Doesn't surprise me. How many times over the years have we heard, so and so was a 3 star until he committed to <insert big name program here> and now he's a 4 star?

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't surprise me. How many times over the years have we heard, so and so was a 3 star until he committed to <insert big name program here> and now he's a 4 star?

It's common knowledge that these sites look at who is offering a prospect and adjust their ranking accordingly. They figure if you're being offered by the top programs, you must be a top recruit. Evaluation is what's important

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's common knowledge that these sites look at who is offering a prospect and adjust their ranking accordingly. They figure if you're being offered by the top programs, you must be a top recruit. Evaluation is what's important

Yeah, that definitely happens and shouldn't. Usually, if a top program is offering a 3 star, it's because they see him as someone with enough "upside" that they can develop him into a 4 or 5 star level player...not because they think he already is one.

But, these services may not consider that. Then, when you add what Regent posted, it makes it even worse.

My biggest issue is that it can give fans false expectations re: how soon and how much they can expect to see him contribute.

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that definitely happens and shouldn't. Usually, if a top program is offering a 3 star, it's because they see him as someone with enough "upside" that they can develop him into a 4 or 5 star level player...not because they think he already is one.

But, these services may not consider that. Then, when you add what Regent posted, it makes it even worse.

My biggest issue is that it can give fans false expectations re: how soon and how much they can expect to see him contribute.

It also get's much tougher to rank guys once you're finished with the obvious studs at the top. Once you've identified the top couple of guys at each position, it gets harder and harder to rank people in a meaningful way.

That said, as a whole, the recruiting sites do a pretty good job with an impossible task. The numbers prove that.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another interesting name has popped up in the USC coaching search...

Rams DC Raheem Morris

I think he and Bieniemy might now be the top 2 on my personal wish list.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another interesting name has popped up in the USC coaching search...

Rams DC Raheem Morris

I think he and Bieniemy might now be the top 2 on my personal wish list.
Do you have a link?

I just did a quick google news search, and came up empty.

But DAMN! Sean McVay coaching has to be the most poached over a 4 year period ever in the NFL, so it wouldn't surprise me.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you have a link?

I just did a quick google news search, and came up empty.

But DAMN! Sean McVay coaching has to be the most poached over a 4 year period ever in the NFL, so it wouldn't surprise me.

Cowherd said it on his show yesterday. The only reason I give it any credibility at all is because he is a USC fan, attends practices, etc. and knows people in the program that he trusts.

What I don't know is...do they trust him? Or is he a guy they use to spread disinformation?

So I take it with a bit of a grain of salt.

Until something official comes out of USC, which is unlikely until they actually announce the new coach (and that's likely months away)...it's all rumors.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but crazy thing is we have gotten your leftovers several times that were 4 stars then suddenly they become a 3 star after you guys snagged a 5 star.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but crazy thing is we have gotten your leftovers several times that were 4 stars then suddenly they become a 3 star after you guys snagged a 5 star.

That's because they figure if they went to Wazzou...they suck. :heh: