• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PAC 12 Thread v6.0

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ASU had 4 commits that "opened up" their recruitment over the last few days, all of which were lower end guys. By my understanding, all commitments were expected to have senior tape to consider their evaluation in this time and a few were just kinda shown the way out.

Ruthless, but I get it. Do it in October, not signing day, so they can catch on elsewhere. A few OL and DL guys that make me concerned.. Presumably there are people they like more on the way. Personally, I want Davon Townley. Dude is raw af out Minneapolis, but his physical ability SCREAMS NFL. 6'7" and 220 with real speed and quick twitch doesn't grow on trees. If not ASU, it's Penn State or home town MInnesota. He's a project, but that is exactly what the "how was this guy a 3/4 star" HS video is supposed to look like when he winds up being a top 10 draft pick later on. 5 star talent, 2 star development.

I'm guessing there are a few dudes not currently in the recruiting service crystal balls that are going to switch to ASU, or they wouldn't have dropped so many people. That or they're concerned about a scholarship crunch after this free year.

Last edited:

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, we're still gonna fuck everybody up. Not that I think we're better than USC or Oregon.

We just need more shit talk.... So to that end.

USC fans- What is it like knowing you have a 1st round QB, and a bunch of other 1st round dudes, but still KNOW in your fucking bones that you'll still somehow wind up like 5-2?

And Oregon, what's it like knowing you have one of the best 21 man squads in your program history, but that your new shit bird QB will still at some point throw 3 picks and lose you a game to Colorado or w/e the fuck you cross over with?

Cal gonna win the whole thing. Garbers for MVP.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ASU had 4 commits that "opened up" their recruitment over the last few days, all of which were lower end guys. By my understanding, all commitments were expected to have senior tape to consider their evaluation in this time and a few were just kinda shown the way out.

Ruthless, but I get it. Do it in October, not signing day, so they can catch on elsewhere. A few OL and DL guys that make me concerned.. Presumably there are people they like more on the way. Personally, I want Davon Townley. Dude is raw af out Minneapolis, but his physical ability SCREAMS NFL. 6'7" and 220 with real speed and quick twitch doesn't grow on trees. If not ASU, it's Penn State or home town MInnesota. He's a project, but that is exactly what the "how was this guy a 3/4 star" HS video is supposed to look like when he winds up being a top 10 draft pick later on. 5 star talent, 2 star development.

I'm guessing there are a few dudes not currently in the recruiting service crystal balls that are going to switch to ASU, or they wouldn't have dropped so many people. That or they're concerned about a scholarship crunch after this free year.

Yeah, this stuff happens periodically. It's usually a player here and there. I think what likely raised eyebrows was that it seems like it was several players all at once. Like a mass culling. lol

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC fans- What is it like knowing you have a 1st round QB, and a bunch of other 1st round dudes, but still KNOW in your fucking bones that you'll still somehow wind up like 5-2?

I'd expect that it feels better than knowing that we could finish 5-2 and still be better than you.

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, we're still gonna fuck everybody up. Not that I think we're better than USC or Oregon.

We just need more shit talk.... So to that end.

And Oregon, what's it like knowing you have one of the best 21 man squads in your program history, but that your new shit bird QB will still at some point throw 3 picks and lose you a game to Colorado or w/e the fuck you cross over with?

“You ever get laid on a house boat?”

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cW2p8TV.gif

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Run Roh.
5 positive covid tests for Oregon players. Practice today cancelled.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 1 schedule released.

Looks we got PAC after dark action for Cal game. Don't care. Just happy it's less than two weeks to PAC football starting.

Shaggy

Administrator
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So with the conferences all started at different times, is the NCAA figuring out ways to work them all together for the championship and bowl games? I haven't been following this part of it much.

Look forward on watching ASU win some games!

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excited to get the games going but I have no clue how good or bad USC is . QB and WRs and basically the offense not too worried. Should be the strength of the team. Interested in how the new DC has the defense play. The DBs are the best unit on the defense so I look to see a lot of single coverage with maximum pressure on Arizona states QB Daniels. USC needs to have him turn the ball over a few times. Something he didn't do a lot last season.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excited to get the games going but I have no clue how good or bad USC is . QB and WRs and basically the offense not too worried. Should be the strength of the team. Interested in how the new DC has the defense play. The DBs are the best unit on the defense so I look to see a lot of single coverage with maximum pressure on Arizona states QB Daniels. USC needs to have him turn the ball over a few times. Something he didn't do a lot last season.

Agree. The offense could be even better this year because Harrell says that Slovis understands the nuances of the offense a lot better now.

Hopefully, the defense will be better. As you mention, the secondary is going to be the best unit, but the d-line and linebackers need to be able to pressure QB's though, or it won't matter how good the secondary is.