• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PAC 12 Thread v6.0

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UCLA giving the game away - I'll take it.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UCLA giving the game away - I'll take it.
How Chip Kelly keeps getting these big jobs is beyond me, he belongs back at a NH type college

Last edited:

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How Chip Kelly keeps getting these big jobs is beyond me, he belongs back at a NH type college

It's game one, can't really take too much from this - 4 turnovers for UCLA, yikes!

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to see some PAC football this weekend, even if the Huskies couldn't play.

Rolovich got a nice gift with playing the Beavs his first game. You can already see the very different touches on the offense. Cougs did alright tonight.

LOL at the Bruins losing to Colorado.

USC pulled that victory out of their butts. Both defenses looked good at times.

Furd blows it bad. They fell apart in the 2nd half. Ducks new QB did alright, but LOL at their fans claiming their a playoff caliber team this year.

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty disappointed with the outcome. I thought we had them, but once USC got that volley ball TD I started feeling queasy. Got up and walked away from the TV for the onside. Then got up and walked away on the 4th down London TD. Just had a feeling they were going to go bad for us. Turns out games go 60 minutes, not 56.

Hopefully going forward the new WR's can do more. I was upset about the replay review on the catch after ASU had already run another play and picked up a 1st down. I get that it wasn't a catch. He was out of bounds, but there was another play. No faint whistle, no fan noise to mute it out. They just let another play go, then decided to wipe it off the slate. It was a 1st down in USC territory. Another set of downs and maybe 15 yards go to for a FG attempt. USC had a likely fumble earlier in the game where they were able to hurry up and get a play off before review.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was upset about the replay review on the catch after ASU had already run another play and picked up a 1st down. I get that it wasn't a catch. He was out of bounds, but there was another play.

Yeah, that was weird. From the explanation, I guess it was technically okay. But I can't remember ever seeing that happen before. Usually, if the offense snaps the ball as they're trying to stop play for a review, they blow it dead during the play. Never seen them wait until the play was over before.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to reports, had the same outbreak happened with any other team in the Pac, that team would still be playing today. The rules for how to deal with these isn't the same for every city/state.

No, it wouldn't have had any impact on future games unless players actually came up positive themselves. Simply being on the field with someone else positive wouldn't disqualify them.
Just thought of this. How did your game get cancelled or whatever they call it but Stanford gets to play when their starting QB gets Covid when the politics are the essentially the same in the both sides of the Bay Area and in Eugene?

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And very positive about the game until the prevent defense plus Oregon looked like crap against a scrub offense and defense from Stanford

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just thought of this. How did your game get cancelled or whatever they call it but Stanford gets to play when their starting QB gets Covid when the politics are the essentially the same in the both sides of the Bay Area and in Eugene?
I don't claim to have the answers. I just know Softy was talking to I think Wilner who said literally every other team in the conf would have been able to play. That also includes all 3 of the other Cali squads. What makes the policy at Cal different, I don't know.

I'm sure we will see more of this though. I'll be shocked if the season goes all the way to completion. Any one state goes into lockdown again and it's over for the whole conference.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't claim to have the answers. I just know Softy was talking to I think Wilner who said literally every other team in the conf would have been able to play. That also includes all 3 of the other Cali squads. What makes the policy at Cal different, I don't know.

I'm sure we will see more of this though. I'll be shocked if the season goes all the way to completion. Any one state goes into lockdown again and it's over for the whole conference.
Should’ve gone to the bubble in the Palouse like I said from the get go.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should’ve gone to the bubble in the Palouse like I said from the get go.
No doubt.

There's enough alcohol there to kill any possible virus.

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that was weird. From the explanation, I guess it was technically okay. But I can't remember ever seeing that happen before. Usually, if the offense snaps the ball as they're trying to stop play for a review, they blow it dead during the play. Never seen them wait until the play was over before.
Extremely weird. I can't remember anything else like it either. And then it was such a long replay decision, when it was pretty clear that it wasn't a catch right away. His thigh was clearly on the sideline when he controlled it. The announcer said they hadn't moved the chains. It doesn't take that long to fix the clock.

So what took so long? I can't help but think they realized they fucked up, and then decided to just force it through anyway. Just seems sketchy. The last few minutes were just a constant nut punch on what should have been a big on the field win and a huge recruiting win.

But in a few months, everyone will just remember it's a close game and by next year nobody will really remember that ASU was probably the best team on the field. No offense. And I'm concerned the aftertaste of it all will lead to us having a really have a hard time getting going against Cal, if that game even happens. This just feels like the sort of loss that beats you twice.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Extremely weird. I can't remember anything else like it either. And then it was such a long replay decision, when it was pretty clear that it wasn't a catch right away. His thigh was clearly on the sideline when he controlled it. The announcer said they hadn't moved the chains. It doesn't take that long to fix the clock.

So what took so long? I can't help but think they realized they fucked up, and then decided to just force it through anyway. Just seems sketchy. The last few minutes were just a constant nut punch on what should have been a big on the field win and a huge recruiting win.

But in a few months, everyone will just remember it's a close game and by next year nobody will really remember that ASU was probably the best team on the field. No offense. And I'm concerned the aftertaste of it all will lead to us having a really have a hard time getting going against Cal, if that game even happens. This just feels like the sort of loss that beats you twice.

ASU was definitely the better team for most of the game.

I'm betting you guys will be fine. I think your coaching staff will be able to get them through it. Lots of NFL experience on that staff.

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ASU was definitely the better team for most of the game.

I'm betting you guys will be fine. I think your coaching staff will be able to get them through it. Lots of NFL experience on that staff.
I hope so. We're good. I'm just worried about the way we lost after being frothed up and waiting for it for so long.

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Attachments

• 1337AF2C-C775-422A-9B3D-B5C878BC6649.jpeg
    1337AF2C-C775-422A-9B3D-B5C878BC6649.jpeg
    272.3 KB · Views: 1

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope so. We're good. I'm just worried about the way we lost after being frothed up and waiting for it for so long.

If this had happened because the team just melted down, fell apart, etc. or it had been a matter of USC waking up at the beginning of the 4th quarter and just dominating them. Then, I could see that being an potential problem. It would shake their confidence.

But the coaching staff has basically 56 minutes of game tape that shows them being the better team that day. Then there's 4 minutes that basically had a fluke play on 4th down that resulted in a touchdown, a recovered onside kick and a perfectly thrown ball that got through what was good coverage on 4th down for another TD. If any one of those things doesn't happen...ASU wins.