• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PAC 12 Thread v6.0

PSUTE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ftfy.

It's amazing how little people from the sec know about Pac-12 football.

Cal is 15-3 when Garbers starts and finishes a game.

That being said...Cal is bringing back more starters and players with game experience than any team in the conference and it's not close.
You take a look at the date on that article? May 1 2020....

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you played a game since then?

Why would things change when a game hasn't been played?

Am I on "Punk'd"?

Well, to start with, the article you linked was based on a full season being played. It's now a 7 game season.

Also, some teams may have had top players opt out to prepare for the draft and all of them may not come back.

It's unknown what the effect will be, but I'd expect there will be some effect.

Last edited:

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, to start with, the article you linked was based on a full season being played. It's now a 7 game season.

Also, some teams may have had top players opt out to prepare for the draft and all of them may not come back.

It's unknown what the effect will be, but I'd expect there will be some effect.
Who lost players? I haven't seen a Pac 12 list. Oregon and you guys? Most of the ones I heard about were the obvious 1st round types like Sewell, Parsons, Chase, Bateman, etc.

I don't think ASU had anyone opt out, though we also didn't have any obvious round 1-3 guys that are draft eligible.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who lost players? I haven't seen a Pac 12 list. Oregon and you guys? Most of the ones I heard about were the obvious 1st round types like Sewell, Parsons, Chase, Bateman, etc.

I don't think ASU had anyone opt out, though we also didn't have any obvious round 1-3 guys that are draft eligible.

I just know that USC had a couple. The main one was Alijah Vera-Tucker who was expected to take over at left tackle and basically be the veteran on an otherwise inexperienced o-line. I've read that there's a chance he'll try to come back, but it's considered a small chance.

The other one for USC was Jay Tufele from the d-line. We're fairly deep there, so it doesn't hurt as much as AVT, but he would be starting and bringing experience which would help since we have a new DC.

There doesn't seem to be anything that indicates either has signed with an agent, so that should make it a little easier if either or both want to come back.

It looks like you guys had a punter (Michael Turk) who opted out, but he has already been cleared by the NCAA to return.

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just know that USC had a couple. The main one was Alijah Vera-Tucker who was expected to take over at left tackle and basically be the veteran on an otherwise inexperienced o-line. I've read that there's a chance he'll try to come back, but it's considered a small chance.

The other one for USC was Jay Tufele from the d-line. We're fairly deep there, so it doesn't hurt as much as AVT, but he would be starting and bringing experience which would help since we have a new DC.

There doesn't seem to be anything that indicates either has signed with an agent, so that should make it a little easier if either or both want to come back.

It looks like you guys had a punter (Michael Turk) who opted out, but he has already been cleared by the NCAA to return.
Yeah, he pleaded COVID as memory serves. I suspect the guys that want to come back, unless they've been riding around in Gulfstreams and took a bunch of money, are going to be allowed back in. I didn't pay too much attention to Turk's situation other than being happy that he was back, but he might not have received any money forward or needed it. Think he comes from an NFL family.

I'd prefer if you guys were down a few people, but I'm inclined to let players come back if there haven't been any really egregious professional moves since the original opt out.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon DB Javon Holland has opted out and will enter the NFL draft.

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holland makes the 4th UO player to opt out due to being a high NFL draft pick, that makes:

Sewell
Lenoir
Graham
Holland

The opt outs are a big equalizer. The teams with more NFL talent on their roster are seeing more players opt out.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this is completely irrelevant, but I just don't see a scenario where the Pac-12 makes the playoffs with this stupid seven week plan. How would a 7-0 Oregon or USC, with MAYBE one ranked win, make the game over, say, a 9-2 UGA? Seven weeks is a joke. It's not even worth doing.
Even prior to the opt outs, there wasn’t a good enough team in the conference to make the playoffs. USC, maybe if things fell right but every other team team is either breaking in a new QB or in Cal, UCLA and ASU’s case they just aren’t talented enough.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No they don't. You're trying to bring in shit from past seasons that have zero to do with this season and not taking into account that each conference was effected differently.

The California schools literally just got the ok to gather in groups greater than 12 so they can actually have real practices. So, while I think the B1G and the PAC shouldn't have cancelled their seasons, at least for the PAC, chances are, they wouldn't have been able to start full practices before now anyway.

Now run along and stop dumbing down this thread.
But it isn’t bringing up shit though, Oregon already was a choke artist and lost their overrated QB. You guys were realistically the only team that could’ve made the playoffs but you and I know your coach won’t get you to the playoffs.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ftfy.

It's amazing how little people from the sec know about Pac-12 football.

Cal is 15-3 when Garbers starts and finishes a game.

That being said...Cal is bringing back more starters and players with game experience than any team in the conference and it's not close.
3rd place in the north is tour ceiling and you know it.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

Yeah, I'm impressed by your "e-degrees".

Are you a French model too?

We can be anyone on the interwebz.
Listen, you are the one that brought up the criticism of the degrees, not me. I have an undergrad degree from Vanderbilt, JD from UGA. Don't care if you believe me or not. I assume you have a USC degree which is impressive. But, put down the "southern" degrees, I'll proudly fire back.

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But it isn’t bringing up shit though, Oregon already was a choke artist and lost their overrated QB. You guys were realistically the only team that could’ve made the playoffs but you and I know your coach won’t get you to the playoffs.

Oregon is the only PAC team that has won a playoff game and Oregon’s overrated QB just threw for over 300 yards in back to back NFL games.

Wazzu fans should really avoid calling other teams choke artists considering their best team in the last 15 years got their ass handed to them at home against UW. With the PAC 12 North on the line as well. There’s a reason they say you “coug’d it”

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon is the only PAC team that has won a playoff game and Oregon’s overrated QB just threw for over 300 yards in back to back NFL games.

Wazzu fans should really avoid calling other teams choke artists considering their best team in the last 15 years got their ass handed to them at home against UW. With the PAC 12 North on the line as well. There’s a reason they say you “coug’d it”
And how many players are at Oregon that got that win? Herbert is going to end with a nice little career path of Fitzpatrick.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Slow golf clap for Herbert on his “hot start” I never said he didn’t have some Matt Flynn in him, but was not worth a 1st pick for his college career.

The best team we had didn’t get spanked by UW. Without the blizzard that hit we would’ve won that game. But yes, we “choked” from 2016-18 because all we had to do is win the Apple Cup and would’ve won the North...but then again, we are wee wittle, so what is your excuse for being just as big choke artists as we are and have the same amount of championships?

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slow golf clap for Herbert on his “hot start” I never said he didn’t have some Matt Flynn in him, but was not worth a 1st pick for his college career.

The best team we had didn’t get spanked by UW. Without the blizzard that hit we would’ve won that game. But yes, we “choked” from 2016-18 because all we had to do is win the Apple Cup and would’ve won the North...but then again, we are wee wittle, so what is your excuse for being just as big choke artists as we are and have the same amount of championships?

Oregon has many more PAC championships than Wazzu. And yes, y'all's best team got spanked by UW. Don't blame the snow, they whooped your ass every year regardless of the weather.