• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PAC 12 Thread v6.0

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I don't get what the little goober is on about. USC being down helps all of us have a better chance of picking up high 4 and 5 star kids. I mean it's one less obstacle. Bama and the rest of the country are ALWAYS going to be going after those high value targets as well, whether or not USC is in play. Wazzy seems horribly stuck in the 90's or something? :noidea:

Most of the conferences top talent comes from Cali. The more down everyone else is, the more of those you are in play for. It's not complicated. That more of them also drain out to other conferences? So what? That's less talent you are going up against during your conference schedule. If your team isn't getting them, why wouldn't you want them to go somewhere far far away?

I always said if USC cant get the player I'm glad when he goes to Florida or Penn State or Ohio State. Having them go to UW or Oregon or ND is not good.

Remember when Tate Martell was considering USC and I said I didn't like him? Three years later he's still trying to stick on a team.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean is that supposed to be a shock? Herbert and the line returning will have a lot picking them, at least as long as they aren't looking at the schedules exclusively.

UW has an easier schedule, but lost chunks of the defense plus new QB and Gaskin gone. Add in not knowing if coach Lake will be snatched up after signing day and there is a lot to wait on.

Also easy to pick Utah from the south, but I'm not counting USC out of anything yet.

Really have to wait until after spring ball before things become more clear.

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean is that supposed to be a shock? Herbert and the line returning will have a lot picking them, at least as long as they aren't looking at the schedules exclusively.

UW has an easier schedule, but lost chunks of the defense plus new QB and Gaskin gone. Add in not knowing if coach Lake will be snatched up after signing day and there is a lot to wait on.

Also easy to pick Utah from the south, but I'm not counting USC out of anything yet.

Really have to wait until after spring ball before things become more clear.
Who said it was a shock??? Still waiting for your prediction of Oregon going to the bottom of the PAC.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ranking CFB's 10 Biggest Busts from the 2016 Recruiting Class
2. Jacob Eason, QB

1. Casual college football fans may not be familiar with most of the names featured here, but former Georgia Bulldogs quarterback Jacob Eason should ring a bell.

Eason was the No. 2 pro-style quarterback and a top-five recruit before he headed to Athens, and he immediately had the opportunity to take over as the starting quarterback. He put up decent numbers as a freshman, throwing for 2,430 yards, 16 touchdowns and eight interceptions, but he completed only 55.1 percent of his passes while the Bulldogs went 8-5.

Eason suffered a knee injury in the first week of the 2017 campaign, which opened the door for Jake Fromm to take over. With Fromm under center, the Bulldogs ended up making it to the College Football Playoff and lost to Alabama in dramatic fashion in the national championship.

Eason spent this past season as the Washington Huskies' scout-team QB. He's been waiting patiently for Jake Browning to graduate, which means 2019 should be his chance to prove he isn't a bust.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who said it was a shock??? Still waiting for your prediction of Oregon going to the bottom of the PAC.
Awww, are you all butthurt that I've been pretty accurate with where the ducks would end up each year? Never picked them last, but haven't picked them first for quite a while now.

Right now? Too early to pick a true favorite. 4 teams with a legit enough team to make waves. I'll make my picks before the end of fall camp and I'd bet I'll do better than you.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To me, it's going to come down to who we get as OC. If we get a good one, then I think that puts us squarely in the mix.

If not, or if Helton tries "double duty", I think it will be trouble. Helton is a good OC, but I don't think he can handle being HC and calling plays. Most coaches can't.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, it's going to come down to who we get as OC. If we get a good one, then I think that puts us squarely in the mix.

If not, or if Helton tries "double duty", I think it will be trouble. Helton is a good OC, but I don't think he can handle being HC and calling plays. Most coaches can't.
A lot of questions for several key teams. Im going to wait until the second week of fall camp to try to sort it all out.

No team is dominating right now and there is no indication any is poised to make that kind of leap, but things might change by then.

PSUTE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sucks to be picked to win the south again. Whitt's teams play best with a chip on their shoulder...

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm hoping they are waiting for the Super Bowl to finish and will get Jed Fisch off the Rams coaching staff. I beleive he's an offensive assistant there. The sticking point is that the Rams QB coach got ob with another team and is leaving after that game. I hope they don't promote Jed and make it hard for him to leave .
I was at the USC -UCLA game when it was Rosen vrs Darnold and I was amazed how the UCLA offense was keeping USC off balance with their play calls . They had Rosen and one average WR playing out of his mind and were out shinning Darnold and crew who were much better athletes. I told my buddy that who ever is calling the plays at UCLA is much better than Tee.
I'm hearing rumors about Graham Herrell the former TCU QB possibly either being the OC or becoming the QB coach.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very early 2019 Pac-12 bowl projections: Washington Huskies back in Rose Bowl?

Rose Bowl - Washington vs. Michigan - I know everyone is already burying the Huskies, but I think the talent that Jacob Eason is going to the bring to them will do wonders for their offense and an underrated group of linemen and receivers and I think the talent they have on defense will allow them to be good enough on defense. Their schedule also lines up nicely with Oregon, USC, Utah, and Washington State coming to Seattle. It will be a tight battle to get back to Pasadena though.

Alamo Bowl - Utah vs. Oklahoma State - The offseason media hype has been all about Justin Herbert coming back for his senior season at Oregon, but Utah getting Bradlee Anae, Leki Fotu, Julian Blackmon and Zack Moss back for their senior seasons might have been better. The Utes should win the South for the second year-in-a-row and will be right on the edge of a NY6 bowl even if they lose the P12CG, but I think they just miss out.

Holiday Bowl - Oregon vs. Wisconsin - The Ducks have too tough of a schedule to get to a NY6 bowl in my opinion. They will still be good though and this will be continued improvement going from no bowl game to Las Vegas Bowl to Redbox Bowl to Holiday Bowl.

Redbox Bowl - Stanford vs. Iowa - The Cardinal are a team to watch out for a sneaky championship run. They get Oregon and Washington at home and avoid Utah. I don’t think they have enough firepower to get it done, but should end up with just a few conference losses and in their near home bowl.

Sun Bowl - USC vs. Duke - We are all hating on the Trojans, and Clay Helton right now, and for good reason, but there’s no reason they shouldn’t be able to get to 7-8 wins next year. That should be enough to land them in El Paso.

Las Vegas Bowl - UCLA vs. Boise State - The Bruins will continue to build under Chip Kelly and make their way into a bowl game. This could be the season before the Bruins truly breakout under their new coach.

Cheez-It Bowl - Arizona State vs. Kansas State - The Sun Devils have to rebuild on offense, but around Eno Benjamin, so it won’t be so bad and their defense will be led by young playmakers like Merlin Robertson. They’ll win enough to get to their home bowl in Herm Edwards’ second season.

At-Large Bowl - Cal - The Bears will get to at least six wins. I just can’t say exactly which at-large bowl they will get scooped up in this far out.

At-Large Bowl - Washington State - The Cougars will have to reload with a new quarterback, star offensive lineman and some defensive playmakers again, but they should definitely get back to a bowl game.