• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PAC 12 Thread v6.0

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Redirect Notice
Eh, Heisman doesn’t mean it is a great QB room. And plus you had 2 Heismans and according to the record books no one in that room won a NC. I’d take Eason over Palmer then I don’t know anything about the other guys on Muttlake.
Well if they are that much better they'd win 3 because those guys won two and yes lienart and co won one NC. Eason got beat out by a freshman at Georgia didn't he? That's the good one out of th e bunch? Lol. No way they top Palmer And the two Matts.
BTW. Next seasons road trip for me n my friends is looking like the Washington game. So gonna need tips on where to go.

Last edited:

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Herbert does stay he's the favorite to be the top QB in the conf, but at least as it stands right now there isn't a deeper QB room. That doesn't mean ANY of them can take over that team and dominate. We all know there can be busts no matter what their ratings or expectations are/were. I'd still rather have 4 to work through than 1 or 2.

I really couldn't care less which one starts as long as they play well and win games. I don't have any preconceived notions Eason is bound for a heisman run, but between the media, his experience, and how hard the team went after him, it's not hard to guess he's a front runner to get his shot. He fits what Petersen wants to do: Use a deep threat to keep safeties back so he has more running lanes and get those homerun deep balls here and there.

All I've said is it won't be Haener. You know, the guy AG thinks is all that, but wasn't actually good enough to pass up the QB he hates. Haener has been behind Browning for two years. He couldn't pass that guy he hates. Put two and two together ffs. :L He's worse that Browning. Let's go get one of those guys with a bigger ceiling, taller that can make more throws, and all that comes with it. Whichever one it ends up being.

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colt Lyerla, former Oregon Ducks player, arrested again on drug charge, attempted escape

7OUSVHE6P5GDJJIP4TDOS2EZMY.jpg

Former Oregon Ducks tight end Colt Lyerla (file photo) was arrested and charged with heroin possession and attempted escape on Dec. 6, according to the Washington County Sheriff's Office. (Benjamin Brink | Special to The Oregonian/OregonLive)

Man, I hope he can get some help

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I hope he can get some help

Sad story there. Growing up He was probably told how wonderful lifes gonna be with his pro contract money. But it never happened and he took what opportunity he did have (a college education and connections ) and flushed those down the toilet.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure it's been posted but here's some USC news.
Mike Jinks joins the staff as running backs coach. He was a Texas High school coach who joined Kingsbury at Texas tech.
Chad Kauha'aha'a comes in a D line coach from Boise State.

Can't say I know much about them other than what I've read in the past couple days . I'm hoping they get their units playing up to their capabilities. The exciting part is the recruiting connections they have with Jinks from Texas and being a former High School coach there for years and Chad Kauha'aha'a coming from Utah and having coached High School in Hawaii and his prior experience recruiting those two and American Samoa.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does when 2 of them won it.

Eh, there has been some pretty trash players that won the Heisman. Palmer, sure. Even though he was a bust the first 3 1/4 years. But dude turned it on and nooone was Miami or Ohio State really deserves it. Leinhart, now this is where NCAA should’ve had a back to back winner in Bush.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, there has been some pretty trash players that won the Heisman. Palmer, sure. Even though he was a bust the first 3 1/4 years. But dude turned it on and nooone was Miami or Ohio State really deserves it. Leinhart, now this is where NCAA should’ve had a back to back winner in Bush.

The Heisman is about how they play in college. A quarterback room that has Carson Palmer, Matt Leinart and Matt Cassell is as good as it gets for a college QB room. 2 won the Heisman and all 3 went to the NFL.

Many Heisman winners have gone on to be busts or have below average NFL careers, but that doesn't change what they accomplished in college.

Also, not sure what you mean by being a bust for his first 3 1/4 years. His numbers were good for his freshman and sophomore years, he had a medical redshirt year when he broke his collarbone and those were the last 3 years of Hackett, so the team sucked.

He proved himself as a top QB his junior year, but it was on a 6-6 team. Finally, in his senior year, he had a team that was good enough for him to actually be noticed and up for any awards.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Heisman is about how they play in college. A quarterback room that has Carson Palmer, Matt Leinart and Matt Cassell is as good as it gets for a college QB room. 2 won the Heisman and all 3 went to the NFL.

Many Heisman winners have gone on to be busts or have below average NFL careers, but that doesn't change what they accomplished in college.

Also, not sure what you mean by being a bust for his first 3 1/4 years. His numbers were good for his freshman and sophomore years, he had a medical redshirt year when he broke his collarbone and those were the last 3 years of Hackett, so the team sucked.

He proved himself as a top QB his junior year, but it was on a 6-6 team. Finally, in his senior year, he had a team that was good enough for him to actually be noticed and up for any awards.

Agree that a Heisman is about your play in college, Eason already has been better than Palmer was. Palmer had one half of a good season in 4 years as a starter. Eason got UGA on the doorsteps of a SEC title then got injured as a freshman. It’s like how Bledsoe got hurt but Brady put them over the edge. Tom Brady was 1/10th the QB Bledsoe was in his first two Super Bowls. The rest of the Mutts are unknowns kind of like Cassel.

All I was saying is UW needs to quit their bitching over who starts next year as their QB next room will be better than USC with Palmer, Leinhart and Cassel. We can agree to disagree but I think my point in valid.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus. No one knows which QB will win the starting job or if any of them can win at a high level. It's just nice for now to have 4 there in spring to work with.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree that a Heisman is about your play in college, Eason already has been better than Palmer was. Palmer had one half of a good season in 4 years as a starter. Eason got UGA on the doorsteps of a SEC title then got injured as a freshman. It’s like how Bledsoe got hurt but Brady put them over the edge. Tom Brady was 1/10th the QB Bledsoe was in his first two Super Bowls. The rest of the Mutts are unknowns kind of like Cassel.

All I was saying is UW needs to quit their bitching over who starts next year as their QB next room will be better than USC with Palmer, Leinhart and Cassel. We can agree to disagree but I think my point in valid.

The year he won it he threw 3,942 yards, completed 63.1% of his passes, had 33 touchdown passes to 10 ints. and a 149.1 passer rating.

In 2016, Eason passed for 2,430 yards, completed 55.1% of his passes, had 16 touchdown passes to 8 ints. and a 120.2 passer rating.

Palmer even had a better passer rating his junior wit 129.1

For that matter, his freshman year (1998) Palmer became the starter a couple of games into the season, played in all 13 games and had a passer rating of 122.8, also higher than Eason's.

lol @ half of a good season.

and lol @Eason already being better than Palmer. He has a long way to go to even be as good.

And you can predict that the Washington QB might end up being better, but until they accomplish what Palmer, Leinart and Cassell did, they're not.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure it's been posted but here's some USC news.
Mike Jinks joins the staff as running backs coach. He was a Texas High school coach who joined Kingsbury at Texas tech.
Chad Kauha'aha'a comes in a D line coach from Boise State.

Can't say I know much about them other than what I've read in the past couple days . I'm hoping they get their units playing up to their capabilities. The exciting part is the recruiting connections they have with Jinks from Texas and being a former High School coach there for years and Chad Kauha'aha'a coming from Utah and having coached High School in Hawaii and his prior experience recruiting those two and American Samoa.

Yeah, hadn't heard of them either. I like that Jinks worked with Kingsbury, it should help him to get the running backs up to speed quickly on their roles in Kingsbury's offense.

All I needed to see on Chad Kauha'aha'a was his name to know he'd help maintain the Hawaii and American Samoa recruiting. From what I read, he helped develop Star Lotulelei. I hope he's good with folks just calling him Coach Chad though. lol

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We can agree that there's absolutely no validity to your claim. Oklahoma just had two Heisman winners and they would still need a third who was with them to get drafted (could happen I don't know whos still there) to do what Palmer Lienart and Cassell did.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, hadn't heard of them either. I like that Jinks worked with Kingsbury, it should help him to get the running backs up to speed quickly on their roles in Kingsbury's offense.

All I needed to see on Chad Kauha'aha'a was his name to know he'd help maintain the Hawaii and American Samoa recruiting. From what I read, he helped develop Star Lotulelei. I hope he's good with folks just calling him Coach Chad though. lol

Or coach Aha. LOL.