• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PAC 12 Thread v6.0

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get tired of hearing how soft the PAC is and it's only gotten worse after last year's bowl record.

The conference has been soft though. As Wiz said...stop being soft. That's the answer.

Also, I really don't care if the conference is considered soft, I care if USC is. Right now, that's how USC is perceived and we deserve to be perceived that way. Hopefully, the coaching changes will correct that. But until we start winning games, especially against top teams, that's how it's going to be.

As for they rest of the conference being considered soft, that's for those teams to worry about.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The conference has been soft though. As Wiz said...stop being soft. That's the answer.

Also, I really don't care if the conference is considered soft, I care if USC is. Right now, that's how USC is perceived and we deserve to be perceived that way. Hopefully, the coaching changes will correct that. But until we start winning games, especially against top teams, that's how it's going to be.

As for they rest of the conference being considered soft, that's for those teams to worry about.
The PAC is losing the arms race to the other P5 conferences due to Larry Scott being an idiot. More money brings better facilities and coaching staffs which in turn brings better recruiting classes. Other than Oregon, the PAC is getting ass fvcked in the recruiting wars.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The PAC is losing the arms race to the other P5 conferences due to Larry Scott being an idiot.

Agree 100%

Other than Oregon, the PAC is getting ass fvcked in the recruiting wars.

I think it's way too early to be worrying about recruiting rankings. Signing day isn't until February. I'm confident that USC will close late as usual. We only have 16 commits and 8 of them are 4 star players. We are also still in the running for several more top players.r

Bringing in Kingsbury should help a good bit too. At least with recruits for the offense.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The PAC is losing the arms race to the other P5 conferences due to Larry Scott being an idiot. More money brings better facilities and coaching staffs which in turn brings better recruiting classes. Other than Oregon, the PAC is getting ass fvcked in the recruiting wars.
Why the fuck would anyone want other Pac teams to win arms races? :L

Fuck that. You are basically wishing for every other team to get strong enough to beat yours. How the hell does that make any sense?

The problem in the Pac over the last few years is the lack of one true leader, not every team being down. If USC was not stepping on their own dick and running the table the narrative is entirely different. If UW followed up that playoff run with another one the view of the conference is entirely different.

That no one can run the table with all of the issues around the conference is the problem, not the teams with those problems.

Put it all together and go take the fucking conference. And don't worry a lick about what the hell the other 11 are doing. Just go smoke them. That's all you need.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree 100%

I think it's way too early to be worrying about recruiting rankings. Signing day isn't until February. I'm confident that USC will close late as usual. We only have 16 commits and 8 of them are 4 star players. We are also still in the running for several more top players.r

Bringing in Kingsbury should help a good bit too. At least with recruits for the offense.
signing day 1 is Wed tho

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think NFL teams are looking at him as head coach. Most of the teams interested wanted him to join their staff as an offensive consultant or QB coach. The Vikings fired their OC because he didn't run enough for their liking. Kingsbury isn't a coach known as running coach.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that makes it sound like those who sign now dont count
It's a huge day for your team no doubt. You will find out who is legit and who is still very on the fence.

I'll be shocked if there are any from UW that aren't signed up tomorrow. 100% did last year.

Do you think all 20 or whatever they are up to now actually sign tomorrow?

UtahUte

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,143.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think NFL teams are looking at him as head coach. Most of the teams interested wanted him to join their staff as an offensive consultant or QB coach. The Vikings fired their OC because he didn't run enough for their liking. Kingsbury isn't a coach known as running coach.
Do you think he will go to the NFL

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that makes it sound like those who sign now dont count

It's not necessarily that they don't count. But the majority of the top level recruits wait until February because they like the whole announcing during all star games and doing the 3 hats thing, etc.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's a tough one. He was on Dan Patrick this morning and said that he was close to going to the Rams, but liked the opportunity at USC better. He also said that he'd like to be a head coach again too.

But then some folks were reporting later in the day that he wasn't as close to going to the Rams as it sounded.

Seems like, if/when he leaves USC, it will be for a head coaching position. Whether it's in college or the NFL...:noidea:

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think as the season goes along (NFL), people are starting to realize that you need defense and a running game late in the year too and those high flying offenses from the start of the season (Rams, Chiefs, Saints) aren't scoring like they did and are beatable. So I think the whole rush to get the next Shaun Mcvay has been tempered a bit. While everyone agrees Kingsbury is a really good offensive mind I don't think NFL teams are ready to hand him the keys to the offense just yet. If the Chiefs and Rams would have kept their scoring pace it would have helped Kingsburys leverage. I think head coach somewhere in college is probably his next move then OC in the pros. Him getting fired as head coach at texas tech is gonna prevent him from jumping to NFL head coach right now.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not necessarily that they don't count. But the majority of the top level recruits wait until February because they like the whole announcing during all star games and doing the 3 hats thing, etc.
based on the 1 year we have had with a Dec signing day??

Per 247 sports for last year
#1 Trevor Lawrence signed in Dec
#2 Justin Fields signed in Dec
#3 Xavier Thomas signed in Dec
#4 Eyabi Anoma signed in Dec
#5 Micah Parsons signed in Dec
#8 Justin Shorter signed in Dec
#9 Zamir White signed in Dec
#10 Jamaree Salyer signed in Dec

thats 8 of 10 top 10 signed in the early last year.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
based on the 1 year we have had with a Dec signing day??

Per 247 sports for last year
#1 Trevor Lawrence signed in Dec
#2 Justin Fields signed in Dec
#3 Xavier Thomas signed in Dec
#4 Eyabi Anoma signed in Dec
#5 Micah Parsons signed in Dec
#8 Justin Shorter signed in Dec
#9 Zamir White signed in Dec
#10 Jamaree Salyer signed in Dec

thats 8 of 10 top 10 signed in the early last year.
13, 14 ,15, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, and 25 all signed in Dec

20 of top 25.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I’m still waiting for a kid to show off a tattoo to show where he is going or my favorite would be if the kid lit fire to the hat of the rival school of the school he is going to attend.