• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PAC 12 Thread v6.0

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@socaljim242 I'm liking that Greg Burns hire to return as DB coach.

Helton has made some really good hires, imo.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@socaljim242 I'm liking that Greg Burns hire to return as DB coach.

Helton has made some really good hires, imo.

Love the hire. Someone who knows the position and has coached in big moments. It's been messed up how the DBs along with the O line (most notable) weren't getting any better.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Husky QB signee Dylan Morris set to enroll early, compete with Jacob Eason (again)
So it's really 5 kids in that QB room starting this spring looking to compete for the role of starter for UW next year.

Not that we didn't know that yet another QB ranked 6th Pro style in his class (along with Sirmon ranked that last year) was going to be there next season, but as an early enrollee he is legit in that room.

They have to find something more than a decent option with that many to look at yeah? :noidea:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love the hire. Someone who knows the position and has coached in big moments. It's been messed up how the DBs along with the O line (most notable) weren't getting any better.

Yep and he coached in some of those moments with USC in '03 and '04.

I thought the o-line improved a little when Drevno took over. Hopefully that continues.

The DB's weren't terrible (not that they were good lol)...but you have to be able to do better than 4 ints and there were too many pass interference penalties at crucial points in games.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep and he coached in some of those moments with USC in '03 and '04.

I thought the o-line improved a little when Drevno took over. Hopefully that continues.

The DB's weren't terrible (not that they were good lol)...but you have to be able to do better than 4 ints and there were too many pass interference penalties at crucial points in games.
I know I've been harping on Biggie but he's the prime example. Some isn't his fault because to me he's just not able to play CB. He can't play with his back to the QB. he get's all twisted with the WRs he doesn't know when to turn around. He should have been a safety from the start. The kid never got better. That's my issue with the old coach. Not one of his kids got better.

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we aren't pretending all P5's are good after that display. So there's that.

So what's that say about UW, who won by 1 TD at home against the same team (if missing Harry, Harvey, et al doesn't matter), and benefited from what was a iffy/bad overturn on a 3rd down completion when there was no good view to functionally end the game? The result is the result, but let's not pretend there was some massive disparity in that game.

FYI, y'all are lucky you don't make your semi-annual L to Tempe next year. ASU loses 1 starter on D.

Last edited:

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what's that say about UW, who won by 1 TD at home against the same team (if missing Harry, Harvey, et al doesn't matter), and benefited from what was a iffy/bad overturn on a 3rd down completion when there was no good view to functionally end the game? The result is the result, but let's not pretend there was some massive disparity in that game.

FYI, y'all are lucky you don't make your semi-annual L to Tempe next year. ASU loses 1 starter on D.

Here you go. A Christmas present.
71R2g2ZKbkL._SX425_.jpg

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I've been harping on Biggie but he's the prime example. Some isn't his fault because to me he's just not able to play CB. He can't play with his back to the QB. he get's all twisted with the WRs he doesn't know when to turn around. He should have been a safety from the start. The kid never got better. That's my issue with the old coach. Not one of his kids got better.

Agree. These new assistants should make a big difference.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Husky QB signee Dylan Morris set to enroll early, compete with Jacob Eason (again)
So it's really 5 kids in that QB room starting this spring looking to compete for the role of starter for UW next year.

Not that we didn't know that yet another QB ranked 6th Pro style in his class (along with Sirmon ranked that last year) was going to be there next season, but as an early enrollee he is legit in that room.

They have to find something more than a decent option with that many to look at yeah? :noidea:

Guess we will finally see what Petersen can do with a NFL QB, he hasn’t had anything than practice squad at best guys thus far

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not necessarily that they don't count. But the majority of the top level recruits wait until February because they like the whole announcing during all star games and doing the 3 hats thing, etc.
all of the top 5 signed.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Anything more than two and its going to be hard to realistically give everyone a fair shot. You practice with either ones or twos and with five youre never gonna be able to give any of them good reps. I bet after spring they whittle it down to three at the most. They probably wont come out and tell the ones who arent making the cut so they don't leave but they will know by the lack of reps with the players who will actually play.
Thats why I hate when coaches drag the decision till right before the first game. You're taking away valuable reps with the first team receivers from the eventual winner of the competition.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess we will finally see what Petersen can do with a NFL QB, he hasn’t had anything than practice squad at best guys thus far
Petersen needs an OC. The one time he had a decent offense was when Jeff Tedford was calling the shots.

carson

Death by inches
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,018.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SLEEPER RECRUIT ... Colorado signed Vaatofu Sauvao from Modesto (Calif.) College. But his journey began in his native American Samoa, where he first picked up the game as a child and where he played through high school. He ended up at Modesto and redshirted this past season in order to get his A.A. but was an all-state pick as a freshman and sophomore. Sitting out this season, he fell off the radar of most schools, but Colorado pulled him in and he’ll have an excellent chance to start next fall for the Buffs.

YeZZiR