• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PAC 12 Thread v6.0

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just so many glaring examples of how mismanaged this conference is. Our championship game, Friday at 5 at a neutral site that has to be one of the least “college football” areas in the country. I know we’ve bitched about the location to beating dead horse levels before, but god damn. Just one unchecked major fuck up after another.

All we can do is laugh at ourselves with everyone else when people turn on the pac 12 championship game to 30000 people in an ugly NFL stadium.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just so many glaring examples of how mismanaged this conference is. Our championship game, Friday at 5 at a neutral site that has to be one of the least “college football” areas in the country. I know we’ve bitched about the location to beating dead horse levels before, but god damn. Just one unchecked major fuck up after another.

All we can do is laugh at ourselves with everyone else when people turn on the pac 12 championship game to 30000 people in an ugly NFL stadium.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not sure why everyone is so down on Larry Scott. Haven’t you heard, he brought equal pay to a sport by lucking out that the Williams sisters were playing and no one in America cares about men’s tennis. That was the only thing on his god damn resume.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This pisses me off more the more I think about it. Never mind the shitty location, all we can do now is hope they move it to Vegas when it becomes an option, since letting one of the teams host and provide an actual exciting atmosphere apparently stopped being a good idea when that shitty Santa Clara stadium opened for some reason. But Friday at 5. I get national exposure is a good thing and that’s the only game in town during prime time on the east coast, but Jesus fucking Christ. God forbid we don’t get as many people possible who already thinks our band is a joke to tune in to a half empty stadium for a supposed power conference title game. What about us. It’s the pac, as in PACIFIC 12 conference, and I have to sneak out of work early just to see all of my team playing in what is the biggest game of the year to this point.

Guess what’s on ABC midday Saturday, the AA fucking C title game. Not a typo, I didn’t mean ACC, AAC. I get a lot of the tv times are because of Larry having to sell his left nut to Fox and espn. So this one isn’t his fault, just one of his many fuck ups. His fuck ups are circular and feed each other at this point. That’s where we’re at.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate to pile on given we aren't quite at the end of the season yet, but John Canzano is in the middle of a 4 part piece on the conference where he's basically scorching the home office and leaving it as burnt as much of Cali is right now.

Pt1 -
Left out: How Larry Scott and the Pac-12 continue to lose ground in the college football arms race
Mostly about how much Scott makes compared to the rest of the sport and how much the conf wastes in lavish spending. It's enough to make you want to throw up.
Pt2 -
A look inside the beleaguered Pac-12 instant-replay command center, where Woodie Dixon is still a central figure
The embarrassing and entirely inept officiating debacle.
Pt3 comes out tomorrow and is about the TV/network fiasco.

Not sure what part 4 is about.

These are not short reads, but he's going in for the kill shot.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate to pile on given we aren't quite at the end of the season yet, but John Canzano is in the middle of a 4 part piece on the conference where he's basically scorching the home office and leaving it as burnt as much of Cali is right now.

Pt1 -
Left out: How Larry Scott and the Pac-12 continue to lose ground in the college football arms race
Mostly about how much Scott makes compared to the rest of the sport and how much the conf wastes in lavish spending. It's enough to make you want to throw up.
Pt2 -
A look inside the beleaguered Pac-12 instant-replay command center, where Woodie Dixon is still a central figure
The embarrassing and entirely inept officiating debacle.
Pt3 comes out tomorrow and is about the TV/network fiasco.

Not sure what part 4 is about.

These are not short reads, but he's going in for the kill shot.
Our oly real hope is someone doesn’t realize what a fuck up he is and he gets offered a better job somewhere. As far as we know the people at the head of the schools in a position to make a change think he’s doing a fine job.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get people who matter at schools and even some of the ADs might like what he’s done for other sports, but there’s no reason he has to rank the conferences football standing at the same time. I don’t see how any of the shit we’re constantly bitching about could translate to good for other sports. They need that shitty network too.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it begins.....

Oregon DC Jim Levitt has reportedly interviewed for the TT opening and also been in discussions with Colorado. There will be others. I’m sure this could be putting pressure on KState to make a decision on Synder as well. If Levitt leaves Oregon, you also have to wonder if he’ll take any current Oregon assistants with him as well.

This may not be sitting well with some recruits as 2 decommits came in rather fast...

4-star Safety Jeremiah Criddell
4-star LB Jared Casey

Have both announced they’re reopening their recruiting.

carson

Death by inches
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,018.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it begins.....

Oregon DC Jim Levitt has reportedly interviewed for the TT opening and also been in discussions with Colorado. There will be others. I’m sure this could be putting pressure on KState to make a decision on Synder as well. If Levitt leaves Oregon, you also have to wonder if he’ll take any current Oregon assistants with him as well.

This may not be sitting well with some recruits as 2 decommits came in rather fast...

4-star Safety Jeremiah Criddell
4-star LB Jared Casey

Have both announced they’re reopening their recruiting.
#SkoBuffs

Leavitt or D-Mason on the way. Mario won't keep his job long without his strongest coordinator. And bank on K-State targeting Venables.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leavitt bails and all that's left is mainly a bunch of recruiters first / coaches second guys and that mustached buffoon cheerleader.

He's the only real coach on the Ducks worth what's he's being paid and will be massive nut kick to the program if he leaves at this moment.

Herbert is gone to the NFL while his stock is at a all time high. The only reason he stays is if Phil makes him an offer he can't refu$e. But can he really top what a high first round NFL draft pick would pay out for 4-5 years and be able to keep it all under the table. Don't think so.

Leavitt bails which is looking very likely considering all the jobs that have started to open up and the call that Christoballz is fired by year 3 of his HC career at Nike U only gets more guaranteed. There will be more decommits before Dec and Jan LOI and a big ol swan dive backwards in 2019 for sure.