• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PAC 12 Thread v6.0

CorpRebel

Rock-n-Roll
Hoopla Cash
$ 650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's good that it's happening this quickly. Should give him plenty of time to get those positions filled before LOI day.

Yep! Might as well get it done quickly... not like they have any "bowls" to go to or anything. :noidea:

But it IS a good sign to see them taking action quickly. Now, I just hope he gets some really good assistants. :nod:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep! Might as well get it done quickly... not like they have any "bowls" to go to or anything. :noidea:

But it IS a good sign to see them taking action quickly. Now, I just hope he gets some really good assistants. :nod:

The bold is the key. I always maintained and have said a few times on here...that I never considered Pete Carroll to be a great coach.

He's a good coach, but his greatest strength, imo, is that he created a fun environment, was very good at getting good assistants and then letting them do their jobs.

If Helton gets good assistants and keeps them accountable to do their jobs, the talent we always have will take care of the rest.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bold is the key. I always maintained and have said a few times on here...that I never considered Pete Carroll to be a great coach.

He's a good coach, but his greatest strength, imo, is that he created a fun environment, was very good at getting good assistants and then letting them do their jobs.

If Helton gets good assistants and keeps them accountable to do their jobs, the talent we always have will take care of the rest.
I'm glad it got through to Clay that the people under him weren't cutting it.
I think the players who wanted to go to USC will still want to go there. With the way tgings have gone down with Urban at Ohio State I could see Steele at St. John Bosco coming back to USCs recruiting class and with McCoy from Mater Dei they will still have a good class.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
probably unlikely, but it would be pretty awesome to face Washington in the Rose Bowl. I know we have a home-and-home set for 2020/2021, but Michigan has played Utah far more recently (2008 and 2015) than UDub (2001-02), not to mention there's a solid history between the two. one of my favorite non-UM schools.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
larry scott has to go…he spends way to much on himself, travel expenses, executive rent and the network.

just another ivy league scumbag.
AT&T drops Pac-12 Networks from U-verse: What it means
AT&T ends deal with the Pac12 network. The latest slap in the face to Larry Scott and his dying on the vine failure of a network.

Will this clown EVER be fired? :noidea:
Left out: How Larry Scott and the Pac-12 continue to lose ground in the college football arms race

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like USC will be looking for a new DC as well.....

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully SC takes Bush Hamdan off Washington's hands.
6_8006771.jpg

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
larry scott has to go…he spends way to much on himself, travel expenses, executive rent and the network.

just another ivy league scumbag.

I just heard yesterday that AT&T has dropped the PAC-12 Network. He's literally going backwards. :L

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad it got through to Clay that the people under him weren't cutting it.
I think the players who wanted to go to USC will still want to go there. With the way tgings have gone down with Urban at Ohio State I could see Steele at St. John Bosco coming back to USCs recruiting class and with McCoy from Mater Dei they will still have a good class.

Agree. I also like that Michael Pittman Jr. has said that he will be back for his senior year. Because Clay is doing this quickly, I doubt it'll have much effect as far as losing recruits.

Last I heard, McCoy was still leaning USC (apparently he's friends with JT, so that helps) it would be great if Steele came back to the recruiting class.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. I also like that Michael Pittman Jr. has said that he will be back for his senior year. Because Clay is doing this quickly, I doubt it'll have much effect as far as losing recruits.

Last I heard, McCoy was still leaning USC (apparently he's friends with JT, so that helps) it would be great if Steele came back to the recruiting class.

Clancy getting the axe is a surprise but we forget he doesn't like to recruit so maybe that's something that will be a good thing.
McCoy is pretty solid with USC and so is Bryce Young. I heard and Kayvon Thibodeaux from Oaks Christian is leaning USC over Bama still. So I don't think recruiting is in any trouble. Ohio State is after Steele hard but with Urban not looking like he's a for sure bet to stay much longer hopefully that keeps him here.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clancy getting the axe is a surprise but we forget he doesn't like to recruit so maybe that's something that will be a good thing.
McCoy is pretty solid with USC and so is Bryce Young. I heard and Kayvon Thibodeaux from Oaks Christian is leaning USC over Bama still. So I don't think recruiting is in any trouble. Ohio State is after Steele hard but with Urban not looking like he's a for sure bet to stay much longer hopefully that keeps him here.

Has he been fired for sure?

Scott Wolf said that he was fired. But then, an hour later, there was another report and apparently a tweet from Inside USC stating that those rumors weren't true and that he wasn't fired.

Even in his report, Wolf said that sources told him that Clancy was fired, but that it was denied by USC.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Scott Wolf said that he was fired. But then, an hour later, there was another report and apparently a tweet from Inside USC stating that those rumors weren't true and that he wasn't fired.

To be honest I saw some tweets that he's gone and assumed it was done. I didn't think he was in danger .

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest I saw some tweets that he's gone and assumed it was done. I didn't think he was in danger .

Kind of confusing right now with all of the heads that are rolling. lol

When even Scott Wolf isn't sure...you know the rumors have gone nuts.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Even in his report, Wolf said that sources told him that Clancy was fired, but that it was denied by USC.
Just checked the official USC football site and Tee and the others have been removed and Clancy is still there so looks like he's coming back

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just checked the official USC football site and Tee and the others have been removed and Clancy is still there so looks like he's coming back

That's good. We did struggle a bit defensively, but I think that was mainly due to injuries and how inept the offense was.

At some point, the offense has to help the defense by doing better than going 3 and out and by finishing promising drives with points. Notre Dame was a good example of this. We should have had a minimum of 16 points and as many as 24 at halftime...but we turned the ball over in the red zone twice.

From everything I've read and heard, the players love playing in Clancy's system.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AT&T drops Pac-12 Networks from U-verse: What it means
AT&T ends deal with the Pac12 network. The latest slap in the face to Larry Scott and his dying on the vine failure of a network.

Will this clown EVER be fired? :noidea:

I just heard yesterday that AT&T has dropped the PAC-12 Network. He's literally going backwards. :L
That really sucks because AT&T acquired directv, so there was hope that deal finally might happen. Gonna guess no now.