• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PAC 12 Thread v6.0

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which tiebreaker are you ahead in exactly? UW has one more conf win. That's a fact. They are alone in first place. That too is a fact. Same logic you used last year when the cougs took a later bye and had a half game lead with the same number of conf losses.

Stanford, WSU, and UW are in the same boat. All have 1 conf loss and all have yet to play each other. Oregon now is sitting back and hoping the 3 each trade losses so they are back in it again.
Maybe Oregon (common opponent) although I don't know how they do the tie-breakers in the PAC these days.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Oregon (common opponent) although I don't know how they do the tie-breakers in the PAC these days.
Given that every team in a div plays each other there is only the head to head tiebreaker. It isn't possible to go beyond that unless there is a 3 way tie.

In the event of a 3 way tie the breakers are:
Head to head among the 3+
Record in intra-division games
Record against the next highest placed team in the division (based on the record in all conference games), proceeding through the division

Given that UW has more wins right now, we do not have a tie. They are solo in first place. Therefore, there are no tiebreakers necessary.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:rofl:

:lol:

:pound:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whooooa Nellie! Wouldn't have expected that!

While I don't have much room to laugh, seeing as SC is playing so poorly, this is still funny... :heh:
My first thought was to find a wad of cash and find a place to bet quick.

That line can't hold up can it? :noidea: I mean zona? by 3 scores? Really? Seriously?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol at using a game they lost to give a little boost to that stat. Also, wat? How does that even make sense if they just gave up 30 to cal?
Would appear a little trickery is afoot.

That post had to have came at half time last night. The last 8 quarters vs UW, Cal, and Zona can't be complete games. That would be 12 quarters.

If you start in the second half of the UW game, they scored only 7. Cal only managed 7 the whole game because, well they're Cal. Then zona only scored 7 in the first half.

To most normal people, UCLA has given up 68 points over the last 6 games. If you poach some arbitrary cluster it comes out to only giving up 21 across 8 select quarters.

You can't have hot takes without creating weird and stupid data points.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That post had to have came at half time last night. The last 8 quarters vs UW, Cal, and Zona can't be complete games. That would be 12 quarters.

If you start in the second half of the UW game, they scored only 7. Cal only managed 7 the whole game because, well they're Cal. Then zona only scored 7 in the first half.

To most normal people, UCLA has given up 68 points over the last 6 games. If you poach some arbitrary cluster it comes out to only giving up 21 across 8 select quarters.

Thank you, I figured he meant 10 quarters and was cherry picking the second half of the UCLA game when UW went on autopilot with the game completely not in hand. But coming out at half time yesterday makes way more sense.

What a clown. UCLA is obviously getting better and seem to be on the right track with a very young team, we don’t need to manipulate data to make them look better.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To most normal people, UCLA has given up 68 points over the last 3 games. If you poach some arbitrary cluster it comes out to only giving up 21 across 8 select quarters.

Fixed. I said 68 over 6 games, and meant 68 points given up over last 3 games. I'm worse than Feldman. :tsk:

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't believe it.

I don't think there is any reason for Herbert to return to Oregon unless he has an injury that would seriously damage his draft stock.

If he does return, a lot of respect to him. There is a compelling argument to be made that he would be the first QB selected in the draft.
He's an idiot for staying imo but he wants to play a season with his brother who will be a freshman at Oregon next year.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's an idiot for staying imo but he wants to play a season with his brother who will be a freshman at Oregon next year.

I hate to defend an Oregon player, but assuming he is staying and it's because of his brother...

Some things mean more than money. If true, I've got a lot of respect for him. Sometimes we lose sight of the fact that these are kids and at the end of the day even if they have a great NFL career, after that is over there is still a lot of life after football. I think he'd cherish being on the same team as his brother and possibly establishing himself as the best QB in program history more than the signing bonus he'd get as a first round pick.

He would be a top-10 pick in 2019, and if he continues to demonstrate his ability I'd assume he will retain that status in the 2020 draft. A lot that can go wrong, but money only buys so much.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to defend an Oregon player, but assuming he is staying and it's because of his brother...

Some things mean more than money. If true, I've got a lot of respect for him. Sometimes we lose sight of the fact that these are kids and at the end of the day even if they have a great NFL career, after that is over there is still a lot of life after football. I think he'd cherish being on the same team as his brother and possibly establishing himself as the best QB in program history more than the signing bonus he'd get as a first round pick.

He would be a top-10 pick in 2019, and if he continues to demonstrate his ability I'd assume he will retain that status in the 2020 draft. A lot that can go wrong, but money only buys so much.
I was hoping both teams would have a new QB when Oregon comes to Seattle next year ... more of a level playing field. Herbert staying just might make Oregon the preseason favorite in the North next season.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping both teams would have a new QB when Oregon comes to Seattle next year ... more of a level playing field. Herbert staying just might make Oregon the preseason favorite in the North next season.

Yes it would be easier, but this could be the delusional Husky fan thinking out loud, but I do believe our passing game will be better next year.

Why?

Aaron Fuller will be returning and Marquise Spiker (#9 WR) and Austin Osborne (#39) will have another year in the weight room and practice under their belt and Hunter Bryant will be returning.

Additionally, the QB play this year hasn't been great with Browning. He has many physical limitations. I believe the guys behind him have more physical talent than he does. I don't expect a huge drop-off in play from the QB position even with a first year starter. My bet is that Eason wins the battle, and he has a year of SEC starting experience and 2 years of practice. We can debate who wins the battle, but it doesn't really matter.

I do believe the Huskies will be better overall or the same next year. I hate to say it but on offense I believe this team is somewhat limited by Browning.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he grades as a first rounder he'd be stupid for staying and everyone around him will tell him that.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he grades as a first rounder he'd be stupid for staying and everyone around him will tell him that.

Looking at it from a financial standpoint, definitely.

I've just been trying to emphasize that maybe he cares more about things than money. There are only so many things money can buy you.

I was happier as a broke college student supporting my mother than I was when I saw that I had 6 figures in my savings account 8 years later. Money only gets you so much. He knows that even if he were to be a UDFA and not sign with any team (0.00003 possibility), he still probably has a nice career ahead of him at Nike.