• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PAC 12 Thread v6.0

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem as I see it is that OC is a job that needs to be innovative with fresh ideas but coming from experience. USC is not Iowa State or Memphis were you might expect them to hire someone new. USC is supposed to be a blue blood a powerhouse that has four highly rated classes on it roster. It's like a five star restaurant hiring a head chef whos never been a chef before .
All but maybe five schools in the country have this amount of talent especially on the offensive side. They have what would have been the #1 QB coming out of HS this year. They have some of the highest rated WRs in the country. Not just good. They are ones that Bama and Ohio State and Michigan would take. And the offense we have gotten for two seasons now is vanilla , discombobulated out of sync with no identity. I actually saw receivers running into each other at the Colorado game. And this is after a bye.
Callaway should have been fired after the Texas game. If you hire your dads good friend he needs to be better than most O line coaches. Remember he hired his brother as QB coach and thankfully someone took him off our hands. Something needs to happen with the play calling for next season. You can't have a five star restaurant getting all the best ingredients and serve us an over cooked steak with a plain baked potato and charge me an arm and a leg for it.

I agree. That's why, while I wouldn't mind seeing Tee get a 2nd year with JT and a, hopefully, improved o-line...it wouldn't break my heart to if they cut him loose and brought in someone else.

But yeah, Callaway should have been replaced in the off-season, but definitely after the Texas game.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. That's why, while I wouldn't mind seeing Tee get a 2nd year with JT and a, hopefully, improved o-line...it wouldn't break my heart to if they cut him loose and brought in someone else.

But yeah, Callaway should have been replaced in the off-season, but definitely after the Texas game.

An improved o line would at least keep the offense going. I don't think Tees going to fool anyone with his play calling right now. We'd have seen a glimpse of it by now but with the athletes he has even a vanilla offense where the O line gives JT time and opens holes would beat most teams easily and keep them from getting blown out against big boy teams. I'd like to see someone veteran added to help with the offense even if Tee stays but Callaway needs to have his bags packed. Winning ten games might look good but this team is far away from what a playoff team looks like. Clay might have a similar record as Pete did at this point but Pete inherited a poorly coached team with a few good players and he went 6-6 in his first year I beleive. After that the team got better anf by year three he had them rolling people. Clay did get a poorly coached team but full of talent and the play has regressed. I bet between this past game and the one before the bye they have had the most penalties they have had in a two game stretch in a decade. The fact that it comes after a bye say coaching. The defense looked like they did change somethings at least. History with Clay says USC will lose to Utah at Utah. Let's hope that things change.

Last edited:

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you captain obvious? :noidea:

Only thing I took out of that is both of their RB's are listed week to week with their injuries.

You get a reeling Colorado then Cal so you should be at full strength against Stanford. Utah vrs USC most likely determines who you play in the PAC championship.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You get a reeling Colorado then Cal so you should be at full strength against Stanford. Utah vrs USC most likely determines who you play in the PAC championship.
who Oregon plays

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who Oregon plays
Clearly he's assuming Oregon loses at least one more (I have them losing at least 2 more) and he's assuming UW recovers and wins out. That's his opinion. One I don't think is that unreasonable, and I'm the one that's been down on UW since the Auburn loss. I don't know if they can win out, but I do expect a big bounce back this week.

Oregon is in a very tough spot. Coming off an emotional win that left them bruised and beat up, going to Pullman and facing a team coming off a bye on their turf. History is full of upset wins with those types of circumstances. And in this case it wouldn't even be an upset given Vegas currently has the cougs still a 3 point favorite.

The Pirate is always capable of blowing anything, but I expect at least 70 points in that game and will likely be taking the over. I don't see the ducks winning a road shootout with the defense they have.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who Oregon plays

It's not that I don't think you're capable of winning out . I just think they might stumble once and make it interesting. This is the PAC remember . It usually never goes how you think it will.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not that I don't think you're capable of winning out . I just think they might stumble once and make it interesting. This is the PAC remember . It usually never goes how you think it will.
Since none of the teams in the Pac are good at football this year, maybe we should take the top 6 teams and have them run 3 legged races to find the top two and have them do a tug of war to decide who wins it?

Seriously, this is a shitter year after last years already crapfest.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since none of the teams in the Pac are good at football this year, maybe we should take the top 6 teams and have them run 3 legged races to find the top two and have them do a tug of war to decide who wins it?

i think after the season if no clear winner emerges from all of this, a two-man sack race will be held on consecutive Sundays until a champion can be crowned.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seriously. USC can win ten games and I wouldn't be impressed and I wouldn't call it an accomplishment. Notre dame is looking like they are going to steam roll the Trojans this year.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously. USC can win ten games and I wouldn't be impressed and I wouldn't call it an accomplishment. Notre dame is looking like they are going to steam roll the Trojans this year.
Obviously even if UW wins out I'd feel about the same.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously even if UW wins out I'd feel about the same.

We've both been around long enough to know when a team is really good or close to it. I can't say I've seen the Huskies enough this year to pass judgement but I've gone to every USC home game ( except the opener) and went to Texas to watch that farce and I can say this is the most undisciplined and poorly coached team we've had in a long time. We have arguably three of the most talented WRs any team could ask for in Vaughns, Pittman and Amon Ra and all we do is run a few times get in a 3rd and long then throw deep. The WRs are so good they make that work some. But I can't remember a 12-14 play drive this season and we never throw 10-15 yard passes in the middle of the field. It's like Tee hasn't gotten to the part of the book ( OC for dummies) where they teach you TE- slot middle of the field routs.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going to be Oregon vs USC for the Pac-12 title.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've both been around long enough to know when a team is really good or close to it. I can't say I've seen the Huskies enough this year to pass judgement but I've gone to every USC home game ( except the opener) and went to Texas to watch that farce and I can say this is the most undisciplined and poorly coached team we've had in a long time. We have arguably three of the most talented WRs any team could ask for in Vaughns, Pittman and Amon Ra and all we do is run a few times get in a 3rd and long then throw deep. The WRs are so good they make that work some. But I can't remember a 12-14 play drive this season and we never throw 10-15 yard passes in the middle of the field. It's like Tee hasn't gotten to the part of the book ( OC for dummies) where they teach you TE- slot middle of the field routs.
UW decided to break in a brand new OC that hasn't called plays at any level before. That was just brilliant.

Add a kicker that can't make a FG from the 20y, strangely bad special teams coverage down field, and the lack of a comprehensive pass rush and you get where they are right now. Still dangerous, but obvious flaws.

There isn't a team in the Pac that doesn't have at least 2-3 substantial flaws this year. It's just not our year.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going to be Oregon vs USC for the Pac-12 title.
giphy.gif

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Or just get live mascots and have them animal fight it. At least then no matter what happens our conference will never have to worry about Oregon. And sorry Utah and $C fans, no weapons allowed.

Though I’m not sure what Stanford is, would they have to enter a crayon or a redwood?