• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PAC 12 Thread v6.0

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now you're just pissing in the wind hoping to hit a target.
Can't recall ever seeing you give props when Jake does have a good game, and he has way more good than bad. You trashed me asking me to say things I've already said many times and yet you yourself cannot give him any type of credit. You flat out hate the kid and wish for him to have serious enough injuries for his career to be over. Those were your words.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't recall ever seeing you give props when Jake does have a good game, and he has way more good than bad. You trashed me asking me to say things I've already said many times and yet you yourself cannot give him any type of credit. You flat out hate the kid and wish for him to have serious enough injuries for his career to be over. Those were your words.
I flat out hate the kid eh? Don't even go there. I want to see Haener start in place of Browning for a game ... preferably against a non con like BYU to see what the kid's got.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I flat out hate the kid eh? Don't even go there. I want to see Haener start in place of Browning for a game ... preferably against a non con like BYU to see what the kid's got.
I have said many times Browning has had issues when pressured and makes boneheaded mistakes you can't have from a veteran QB. I can both give criticism and praise.

It would just be nice to see the same from you. Give him credit when he does good things, not just destroying him when he has a bad play or game.

He had a solid game Saturday against a team that was blitzing and giving everything they had to trying to pressure him. He threw it away when that was the right decision, extended several plays including that brilliant late TD to the back corner on a hell of a scramble, and otherwise had no major mistakes. He ended up with the same rating as Herbert did.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record I'm moving into we need a change at head coach dept. Clays a good guy and the program has had some players act up but on the whole we've stayed out of the type of scandals from the previous coaches. But fuck, he's wasting a ton of talent. I'm sorry TF12 Tee Martin is a disaster as OC. His pedestrian offense fools no one and it's not because we have a young QB. His game plans are all over the place and not in a you don't know whats coming so you can't defend it kinda way. He's getting bailed out by miraculous catches by Wrs for chunks of yards after head scratching play calls. He got bailed out by Darnold last season. Clay needed to get rid of the line coach and Tee after last season and his downfall will come because of that. They can run the table and even beat the north winner for the PAC crown and they will play a team with actual coaching in a bowl and get pushed around.
It took Brian Kelly like eight years to clean house or get fired. I hope Lynn Swann has a quicker response.
I fucking spend good money and time on this crap and it's so painfully obvious with the penalties and the lack of execution that something needs to change.
Ok. I've vented. lol.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record I'm moving into we need a change at head coach dept. Clays a good guy and the program has had some players act up but on the whole we've stayed out of the type of scandals from the previous coaches. But fuck, he's wasting a ton of talent. I'm sorry TF12 Tee Martin is a disaster as OC. His pedestrian offense fools no one and it's not because we have a young QB. His game plans are all over the place and not in a you don't know whats coming so you can't defend it kinda way. He's getting bailed out by miraculous catches by Wrs for chunks of yards after head scratching play calls. He got bailed out by Darnold last season. Clay needed to get rid of the line coach and Tee after last season and his downfall will come because of that. They can run the table and even beat the north winner for the PAC crown and they will play a team with actual coaching in a bowl and get pushed around.
It took Brian Kelly like eight years to clean house or get fired. I hope Lynn Swann has a quicker response.
I fucking spend good money and time on this crap and it's so painfully obvious with the penalties and the lack of execution that something needs to change.
Ok. I've vented. lol.
There is literally no excuse why USC can't ALWAYS 100% of the time dominate in the trenches and assert their will with a running game no one can entirely stop. It is nothing but not focusing on being USC and not accepting anything less. That mentality doesn't seem to be there. At all. Thankfully lol.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok. I've vented. lol.
Willie Taggart dream job?

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I’m telling you, whenever someone uses the word “elite” in a serious matter it means they’re a dumbass and they probably don’t know what they’re talking about. This guy worked it in there twice.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Willie Taggart dream job?
giphy.gif

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok. I've vented. lol.

Yeah, Helton and Tee talk about wanting balance in the offense. That's fine, but it's looking like "forced balance" rather than a "natural balance".

Saturday was a good example...they came out and ran 5 straight running plays and scored a touchdown. Then, the next series, they come out passing.

Pete Carroll's teams had balance, but it was balance over the course of the game and the season. If a team was having success slowing down the run, they'd go pass heavy and use the run to keep the defense honest. If an opponent had success against the pass, they'd switch it and go run heavy.

My biggest issue is still with the o-line. It's hard to call any plays if the o-line can't block.

I do give them credit for making some good 2nd half adjustments on both sides of the ball.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is literally no excuse why USC can't ALWAYS 100% of the time dominate in the trenches and assert their will with a running game no one can entirely stop. It is nothing but not focusing on being USC and not accepting anything less. That mentality doesn't seem to be there. At all. Thankfully lol.

It all boils down to the o-line. USC has been known, literally for decades, for having dominant offensive lines. Haven't seen that in about 5 years.

I understood it during the sanctions because choices had to be made and they chose to focus on skill position players. But the sanctions are over and there still seems to be too much emphasis on the skill positions and not enough on the o-line.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Helton and Tee talk about wanting balance in the offense. That's fine, but it's looking like "forced balance" rather than a "natural balance".

Saturday was a good example...they came out and ran 5 straight running plays and scored a touchdown. Then, the next series, they come out passing.

Pete Carroll's teams had balance, but it was balance over the course of the game and the season. If a team was having success slowing down the run, they'd go pass heavy and use the run to keep the defense honest. If an opponent had success against the pass, they'd switch it and go run heavy.

My biggest issue is still with the o-line. It's hard to call any plays if the o-line can't block.

I do give them credit for making some good 2nd half adjustments on both sides of the ball.

I still don't get the play calling, you guys could have put up 100 points had you had semi decent play calling. You had two plays that worked every single time and only used it maybe a handful of times. A power to whatever side Tago wasn't on and a hail mary that was called a PI every time.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok. I've vented. lol.
Lane Kiffin 2.0 just like Mike Riley at Oregon State or Bill Snyder at Kansas State give the man a second chance. :kiffin:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't get the play calling, you guys could have put up 100 points had you had semi decent play calling. You had two plays that worked every single time and only used it maybe a handful of times. A power to whatever side Tago wasn't on and a hail mary that was called a PI every time.

Yeah, they adjusted some of that. They definitely called the deep ball a lot more in the 2nd half and those PI's are big part of the reason they were able to come back and win.

The play calling is what I meant when talking about a forced balance rather than a natural balance.

If something is working, run it until the opponent stops it. Mix in some other stuff to keep the defense honest. But stick with what's working until it doesn't.

The play calling won't matter all that much until the o-line improves.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, they adjusted some of that. They definitely called the deep ball a lot more in the 2nd half and those PI's are big part of the reason they were able to come back and win.

The play calling is what I meant when talking about a forced balance rather than a natural balance.

If something is working, run it until the opponent stops it. Mix in some other stuff to keep the defense honest. But stick with what's working until it doesn't.

The play calling won't matter all that much until the o-line improves.

I wanted to chuck something at my TV when I watched Tee get interviewed after the Stanford game and he was asked "you were gaining five yards a pop on first and second down runs" :Why did you stop and start passing ?"
Tee- "well we didn't want to become predictable"
Are you fuking kidding me????

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
San Francisco Bowl, I mean the Diamond Walnut San Francisco Bowl, sorry the Emerald Bowl? oh the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl, no wait its just Fight Hunger Bowl, sorry thats right the Foster Farms Bowl IS NOW the Redbox Bowl.
Pac 12 and Big 10 still tied.
game will no longer be live but available on BluRay in all Redbox locations about 6 hours after the game for $1.50 per day

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bowls are now as follows

Championship Playoff
Rose
Alamo
Holiday