• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pac 12 basketball

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They definitely are not all tough.

Sorry... I was being a little sarcastic there. I know that not all road games are the same, but at the same time, I don't think Cal is any harder as an in-conference road game than say Indiana for teams in the B1G, yet losing at IU or even Northwestern seems to have a much worse impact on a teams ranking than losing at Cal. (Yes, both their RPI's are lower, but not tremendously.)

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the injury is huge, but i think that's exactly why we have to wait and see what effect it has on us. If it is clearly a huge factor and we don't play well down the stretch, I am 100% in favor of our seed in the tourney representing what our prospects are at the time of the tourney (ie Kentucky missing the tourney last year because of Noel's injury). I just think that, because the committee can do that, it's perfectly fine at this point in the season to rank us according to our resume.

Yeah, I don't have a real big problem with the wait-and-see approach, I'm just more surprised by it than anything.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John, no one likes you because you have the most John colored glasses and we are all watching you look through them. We tell you that everyone else disagrees with you, and you just refuse to take the blinders off. You completely refuse to acknowledge when you are wrong (which is at least daily), and all you do when you know you are beat, is shift everything to the next ridiculous statement (for as long as you can hold onto it).

You argue just to argue, and you're horrible at it. You don't even pick arguments that are right (just that no one agrees). Instead, you pick arguments that you wish are true, and pound every rational (at first) and irrational (the lion's share) statement at us. It's like the spaghetti effect; you just throw shit at the wall, and see what sticks. It's fucking garbage. All we want to do on here is talk basketball/sports, not listen to the trolled rantings of someone who only proves with every statement how compartmentalized their knowledge is, of CBB. No one is going to be okay with someone trolling them, especially when the argument is so weak. But long after the argument has been lost and is over, there you are, trying to fit a square block into a round hole, like a 5 year old. That's the most peculiar thing. Most people either have a better argument, or they are kind of light with it, because they don't really know/care about its accuracy. You are the opposite of both: horrible argument, and you don't know when to stop.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry... I was being a little sarcastic there. I know that not all road games are the same, but at the same time, I don't think Cal is any harder as an in-conference road game than say Indiana for teams in the B1G, yet losing at IU or even Northwestern seems to have a much worse impact on a teams ranking than losing at Cal. (Yes, both their RPI's are lower, but not tremendously.)

That's understandable. I agree. IU is definitely a tough place to play. I just think it's a combination of things. AZ is still ahead on most metrics saying that they are "mathematically" the best. Not leaning on it, but I do think that it speaks to how much better we are (without argument) than anyone but SU. And when you factor in that it was by two, on a last second shot, without our 2nd best scorer, to a team in the top 50 RPI, then I think that all those factors play a role. Like I said though, I wouldn't have been surprised to see them @#3. Putting WSU in front of them would have been a stretch for me.

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wed
Stanford at #31 Cal (ESPN2)
Washington State at Colorado

Thurs
Oregon at #2 Arizona (ESPN)
Oregon State at Arizona State (Fox Sports 1)
Washington at Utah

Sat
Oregon at Arizona State (Fox Sports 1)
#31 UCLA at USC
Washington State at Utah

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wed
Stanford at #31 Cal (ESPN2)
Washington State at Colorado

Thurs
Oregon at #2 Arizona (ESPN)
Oregon State at Arizona State (Fox Sports 1)
Washington a
t Utah

Sat
Oregon at Arizona State (Fox Sports 1)
#31 UCLA at USC
Washington State at Utah

Just keeps on gettin better don't it? Glad State starts with the Devils and moves up from there. Oregon on the rebound too, Zona gets to "run-n-gun" with the Duckies and should be entertaining as well.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just keeps on gettin better don't it? Glad State starts with the Devils and moves up from there. Oregon on the rebound too, Zona gets to "run-n-gun" with the Duckies and should be entertaining as well.

Nah, the ducks get to ground 'n pound with the Wildcats. We won't be playing any style but our own in McKale, I promise you that

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time for the NorWest "native" Oregon clubs to r*pe-n-plunder the SouthWest desert for a few "RARE WINS". Hell those Zona clubs took a beating in the bay area burbs last week. I think their ripe for @ least 1 "L" each.
:yahoo:

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF are you even talking about right now???:wtf2:

How any day now, those mods on that other board are going to lift his ban, and he'll be able to troll again over there real soon!

(I'm guessing, but I think I'm not far off)

520GGATO

Southern Arizona Servin'
Hoopla Cash
$ 85.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5-way tie for 4th, but whose counting right? Beavers have the toughest road to climb outta the 5, but hell, one has to start somewhere right?
My bad. I was looking at the standings that hadn't been updated. Moved to 4th. Impressive. No one was expecting osu to be this good.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching Stanford DESTROY Cal on the road makes me think, more than ever, "WHAT IF". With Brash there is Zero chance we lose to this Cal team, and there are really two games that would have presented a test to our running the table in the Pac (@utah, @colorado since both are played at extreme elevation).

We had a chance to do what no team has ever done in Pac-10/12 history, run the table in the conference. I will now cry myself to sleep

Forever

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,681.83
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
classic Cal. this team will learn sooner or later that you gotta bring it every night...hopefully sooner rather than later. Cal is probably in the tourney right now but it's tough to be a fan right now. Cal has lost 4 of 5 but beat the #1 team in the country in between. Weird stuff haha.

And DCzona, that's just pac-12 basketball. No excuses allowed, it's tough to win on the road and it's tough to tell kids to bring it every night against the non-top teams. No what-ifs, you guys are in good shape to get a #1 seed even without ashley.

Last edited by a moderator:

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
0248_b96e.jpeg

Just when you thought Cal had it going…and they had everyone on the alert…and on the run…Stanford decides to show up.