• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pac 12 basketball

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I have to say is this...

IF the Beavers HAD a PG that could penetrate, they would be thee most dangerous team in the Pac.

Why?

Beavers have a great amount of size up front (2 +7footer centers, Moreland and Collier) but NO GUARD to penetrate with and create scoring to those guys. Nelson as a SG is the best in the Pac and I welcome anyone to challenge that statement.

Good game so far, but I don't see UCLA stopping the Beavers inside and with a "kickout" shooter like Nelson, we should beat them with ease.

Where's "The Glove" when you need him?

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not even really worried about the loss. Road game, against a top RPI 50 team, in a hostile environment, by a great last second shot. No one is going undefeated, so those are the best losses, hands down.

Losing Ashley hurt, and that will play out in March.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4-4 8th place? :scratch:

Poised to strike...talk to me after we play UCLA tomorrow.

Let's just see what Cal has tonite in the home tank....Gawd Zona fans are full of their own pizz.

LOLZ to the zona gomer and his squad...ones droppin it's drawers and the other is risin like cream to the top!
:laugh3:

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow...Ashley gone for the year. If there was one team in the country that couldn't afford a season ending injury it was Zona. 3rd leading scorer and rebounder. 2nd in FG%...just a huge loss, anyway you look at it IMO. Jefferson is obviously a capable replacement, but who's going to replace his 24 mpg b/c he's now starting?? It's to bad, too, I'm not sure if they are a title contender without Ashley.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow...Ashley gone for the year. If there was one team in the country that couldn't afford a season ending injury it was Zona. 3rd leading scorer and rebounder. 2nd in FG%...just a huge loss, anyway you look at it IMO. Jefferson is obviously a capable replacement, but who's going to replace his 24 mpg b/c he's now starting?? It's to bad, too, I'm not sure if they are a title contender without Ashley.

That's a tough person to replace. Not sure if there is anyone on that bench that can come close to make up for that loss.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool. Im guessing you jacked off multiple times to this. For a Syracuse fan (only for basketball, he's a Michigan fan for football) you sure are really insecure about your team. You spend more time trolling your biggest threat than you do talking about your own team.

It's because his team still hasn't played a single top 50 team on the road this year. He won't know what that feels like for another 9 days, until mid Feb!!!!! And AZ has already played 5 top 50 teams on the road, and three of those are top 25. He also doesn't know what a top 10 SOS looks like. None of this changes with an AZ loss, @ Cal, by 2.

He talks about Duke not being the same team as the were when AZ played them, but he ignores the fact not only that Cal isn't, but they were without their second best player when they played SU, and AZ was without their second best player, against Cal. And most importantly, no one gives a shit where a team was at one point or another. It's only about the end. And he still just refuses to understand that.

AZ is not a #1 team anymore, but it wasn't because of the loss. We're going to miss Ashley.

Last edited by a moderator:

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's a major blow but Arizona didn't run off 21 straight wins because of one man alone. They play great team defense, distribute the ball well and score efficiently. I'd give them the benefit of the doubt right now and rank them #4, then see how they bounce back and continue playing as a team. I do think the youngster Gordon will need to take on a bigger role and be more productive offensively.

Still a very solid team.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I agree with MI. AZ should still be very good, but I do think it hurts them come deep March. We still have the ability to win the Pac, get a #1 seed in the west, and make it to the FF. I just don't have us winning the NC anymore. And until then, it just shortens the leash on other players getting away with not having good games, because that's one less player that has the ability to cover up for someone having an off night. If we don't get a #1 seed, I think it will be because we had lost games from a lack of confidence, not a lack of ability.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost zero chance that AZ will be #2 in the AP on Monday. Zona will and should drop more than one spot for losing at Cal especially considering the injury. Florida will almost certainly be #2 considering the fact that they've just added a great player, plus beat the ever loving dogshit out of aTm Saturday. For once, the only thing you actually got right is Cuse being #1. I guess Dad was right. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once and a while.

:laugh3: