• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pac 12 basketball

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unbelievable end to that UW/OSU game. Crushing loss for Washington.

No travel call there? Sheesh
The refs were too busy looking to call a touch foul to see the travel

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't condone it at all. Just predicted that it is eventually going to happen if the Pac12 doesn't start doing something about.

Yes and no. He predicted that it would be an Arizona player that punched a fan. I understand what he was saying because he added that Arizona is currently the only PAC team that is likely to have fans storm the court against them.

However, I can see where some would see that as him "giving permission/setting up his excuse in advance" and being able to say, "I told you guys this would happen." Especially if they don't hear the rest of his comment.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't condone it at all. Just predicted that it is eventually going to happen if the Pac12 doesn't start doing something about.

seems a pretty simple fix: let it be known that "any student(s) storming the court will be arrested & tried for criminal trespass and thrown out of school."

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If an opposing fan gets up in a players face and makes contact with the player by all means throw a right hook.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of talking heads are saying "They need to come up with a way to let the opposing team and coaches get to the locker room and then they can storm the court all they want."

Problem is, no one seems to know how to make that happen.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seems a pretty simple fix: let it be known that "any student(s) storming the court will be arrested & tried for criminal trespass and thrown out of school."

Seems a bit harsh. Plus, there were something like 500+ people who stormed the court last night after the Zona/Colorado game. Seems like it would be a pretty tall task to round them all up and prosecute them.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems a bit harsh. Plus, there were something like 500+ people who stormed the court last night after the Zona/Colorado game. Seems like it would be a pretty tall task to round them all up and prosecute them.
Gary Payton was the first fan on the floor last night when the Beavers beat the Huskies.

FWIW, they cleared the floor pretty quick afterwords.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how hard up for a win can a program be if your fans storm the court after beating #9?, DEPT...

lol...you think?
coach Miller seems to be in the minority of those who think mega-million-dollar lawsuit(s) against the university and punch-throwing player are not a distinct possibility.
the Buffalo surge that occurred might not have happened if most of the kids knew what dire consequences possibly awaited them if they stormed, don't you think?

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Buffalo surge that occurred might not have happened if most of the kids knew what dire consequences possibly awaited them if they stormed, don't you think?
this, 100x. Or how about even if there is a fine and the student has to pay their share, say $1,000, for going onto the court? That will keep those broke college dumbasses from doing it

JonBlaze

KFFL Alum
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because the threat of the law has stopped kids from doing some things they wanted to before?

If they want to stop kids from rushing they need to have more security presence around the court. People do illegal things all the time, but rarely in the presence of law enforcement people. When I was at boulder back in the day, we upset Texas A&M in football. Students wanted to rush the field but there were multiple police officers lining the field. We never made it despite some beer bottles getting thrown at them :)

JonBlaze

KFFL Alum
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this, 100x. Or how about even if there is a fine and the student has to pay their share, say $1,000, for going onto the court? That will keep those broke college dumbasses from doing it

That would work if they could somehow identify all the kids.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
make it simple (and Draconian as hell): Criminal Trespass & Expulsion...problem solved...once announced, arguing the likelihood of storming becomes both mum and moot.

Because the threat of the law has stopped kids from doing some things they wanted to before?

If they want to stop kids from rushing they need to have more security presence around the court. People do illegal things all the time, but rarely in the presence of law enforcement people. When I was at boulder back in the day, we upset Texas A&M in football. Students wanted to rush the field but there were multiple police officers lining the field. We never made it despite some beer bottles getting thrown at them :)

back in the day cameras & social media played an exponentially lesser role in our public lives...
back in the day absurdly improbable multi-million-dollar lawsuits didn't dominate the headlines...

gawd I miss those days.

azchamps

Hoopla Cash
$ 84.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Automatic five minute overtime, 0- 0. I don't know if it would work or not until most of the knuckle heads realize they just screwed their team out of a win.

JonBlaze

KFFL Alum
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
make it simple (and Draconian as hell): Criminal Trespass & Expulsion...problem solved...once announced, arguing the likelihood of storming becomes both mum and moot.

back in the day cameras & social media played an exponentially lesser role in our public lives...
back in the day absurdly improbable multi-million-dollar lawsuits didn't dominate the headlines...

gawd I miss those days.

Very good point. I am thankful that cell phone cameras and social media wasn't a thing when I was growing up. There'd be some messed up shit out there with my face all over it :) When the students rioted on The Hill in Boulder, they caught a ton of kids that participated in the vandalism/destruction of property with security cameras and cross referencing with student ID photos. That was back in the 90s so I'm sure they have even better stuff available now that could catch and identify all these kids.Put some accountability on them and it will certainly curb the rushing activity I'd bet

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find court storming stupid but talk about it some other time. doing it after a loss just shows how butthurt u are that u lost. I like miller but that was a crybaby rant to avoid the questions he was going to get

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find court storming stupid but talk about it some other time. doing it after a loss just shows how butthurt u are that u lost. I like miller but that was a crybaby rant to avoid the questions he was going to get
It was at the end of the interview after he had answered all of the questions. And Arizona has been court stormed more than any team in the country the past 5 years or so. This is not the first time he has talked about.

LASports96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC has played like dog shit in the first half every game for the last 3 weeks

this is officially a fucking problem

FUCKING WAKE UP ASSHOLES

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I'm sorry dude you couldn't be more wrong here. You might like Miller but you probably don't know him very well if you don't follow the program. I've never seen a coach who gives more credit to the other team more consistently than he does. He doesn't "avoid questions" ever, he tackles them head on.