• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pac 12 basketball

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucking huskies drive me nuts :doh::doh::crazy::crazy::gaah::gaah::gaah::L

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona is probably going to end up a 3 seed imo. They are talented enough to win it all though. I think the early injuries may actually end up helping as they've got some real depth now. Miller is a great coach too. I worry about their shooting but athletically they can compete with anyone. IF they can get consistent offense in the tourney they'll be easily S16/E8 because few teams can compete with their athletes
I'd actually say we are much less athletic than in years past. However our offense is really improving, and the illness to Kadeem Allen over the last few weeks has allowed Parker Jackson-Cartwright to gain the confidence needed to be a legitimate point guard. I would agree that the injuries have been a blessing in disguise. Especially considering Zeus has turned into a completely different player since his injury and our backup center is a beast in the low block after really thriving while Zeus was out. Our frontcourt is rounding into form and is going to be very scary come tourney time. If Kadeem can shake this virus and get back to form (played well in spot minutes last game) and Trier can continue his evolution as a go-to option on offense, we have a great shot.

We are also one Gabe York cold streak away from a S16 exit and one gabe york hot streak away from winning it all haha

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd actually say we are much less athletic than in years past. However our offense is really improving, and the illness to Kadeem Allen over the last few weeks has allowed Parker Jackson-Cartwright to gain the confidence needed to be a legitimate point guard. I would agree that the injuries have been a blessing in disguise. Especially considering Zeus has turned into a completely different player since his injury and our backup center is a beast in the low block after really thriving while Zeus was out. Our frontcourt is rounding into form and is going to be very scary come tourney time. If Kadeem can shake this virus and get back to form (played well in spot minutes last game) and Trier can continue his evolution as a go-to option on offense, we have a great shot.

We are also one Gabe York cold streak away from a S16 exit and one gabe york hot streak away from winning it all haha
Yeah you guys aren't as athletic as you've been but still more than most. York is the concern for me in that he is really your only shooter of consequence. He's very hood but like you said, one bad game and it could be see you later

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These last few weeks of the season are going to be very interesting. 6 teams are within 2 games of 1st place. I think the real battle will be for 2nd place though. Barring injury or some sort of unexpected meltdown, I think 'Zona hangs on to 1st place. They are getting healthy and playing their best basketball at the right time.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah you guys aren't as athletic as you've been but still more than most. York is the concern for me in that he is really your only shooter of consequence. He's very hood but like you said, one bad game and it could be see you later
Nah Trier is a great shooter and PJC leads the PAC in 3 PT percentage. But he is less of a threat for sure

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah Trier is a great shooter and PJC leads the PAC in 3 PT percentage. But he is less of a threat for sure
I like PJC but he doesn't shoot enough from 3 for me to consider him a shooter. Shoots it well though. Trier is solid but York is the guy that can get hot and carry you imo

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think York is our only real "shooter".

But we have a couple really solid scorers in Trier and Anderson. Trier is getting back to his slashes to the basket and drawing fouls. That is gong to be huge for us if he can improve a little on his decision process on if he has the opening or if he should draw the defense in and kick out.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that I'm complaining, because I couldn't give two fucks; but AZ as a 5 seed?

AZ is ranked #12 in both polls, #10 by Sagarin, #13 by Kenpom, and even #10 by BPI. All of these in-depth metrics have AZ 10-13, and because RPI has AZ at like #25 (mostly because of SOS), AZ is a 5 seed?

Funny how Gonzaga and Wichita State always got high seeds despite a worse SOS.

Personally, I think we are #3 seed. If we somehow win out all the way to selection Sunday, I think I can make the case for a #2 seed. And all of that depends on how other teams do. Hahaha, I'm just puzzled how AZ is all of the way down to a 5 seed, especially when UK and Dayton are both 4 seeds.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that I'm complaining, because I couldn't give two fucks; but AZ as a 5 seed?

AZ is ranked #12 in both polls, #10 by Sagarin, #13 by Kenpom, and even #10 by BPI. All of these in-depth metrics have AZ 10-13, and because RPI has AZ at like #25 (mostly because of SOS), AZ is a 5 seed?

Funny how Gonzaga and Wichita State always got high seeds despite a worse SOS.

Personally, I think we are #3 seed. If we somehow win out all the way to selection Sunday, I think I can make the case for a #2 seed. And all of that depends on how other teams do. Hahaha, I'm just puzzled how AZ is all of the way down to a 5 seed, especially when UK and Dayton are both 4 seeds.

Yeah, that's weird. Before the Colorado game on Wednesday, they were saying that USC projects as a 5 seed. I would think that Arizona would get a higher seed than we would.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UCLA destroys Colorado...

seem from afar as a real Jeckyl/Hyde type team. Some games, they look pretty damn good, then you look at their record...Obviously I don't know much about them, but that's what I see. I've watched a couple of their games, both wins.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seem from afar as a real Jeckyl/Hyde type team. Some games, they look pretty damn good, then you look at their record...Obviously I don't know much about them, but that's what I see. I've watched a couple of their games, both wins.

They struggle with more athletic teams that can push the tempo. When they can make it a half court game, they tend to do better because they have a couple of quality bigs and they can shoot from outside.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They struggle with more athletic teams that can push the tempo. When they can make it a half court game, they tend to do better because they have a couple of quality bigs and they can shoot from outside.

Colorado is also a very lethal team at home, but Tad has trouble winning on the road. A lot like Romar in that regard....

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp, my Trojans lost at home for the first time this season. Utah used their experience and discipline to force their pace and Poeltl killed our bigs. That kids footwork is really good. No matter what our bigs did to try to stop him, it seemed like he always had the correct counter. Congrats to the Utes.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp, my Trojans lost at home for the first time this season. Utah used their experience and discipline to force their pace and Poeltl killed our bigs. That kids footwork is really good. No matter what our bigs did to try to stop him, it seemed like he always had the correct counter. Congrats to the Utes.

Is Poeltl the 7 footer? I saw something about him earlier, he looked pretty good.

Also just realized I picked USC this game...:L

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Poeltl the 7 footer? I saw something about him earlier, he looked pretty good.

Also just realized I picked USC this game...:L

Yeah, he's the 7 footer. USC had literally no answer. He went for 29 points on 11-13 shooting (7-8 from the free throw line), 13 rebounds and added 4 assists on top of it.

LASports96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not surprised at all. Poeltl and Utah is the exact type of team that we probably match up worst with, a team that likes to slow down the pace and has a guy in the post who can go to work. Our post defense is basically non existent vs a physical banger. Jovanovic isn't a true 5 and he's got that euro softness about him, Metu is only a freshman and too skinny to handle it. That was the Jakob Poeltl show, everything went through him. Luckily their aren't many Jakob Poeltl's in the country.

At least I got to get out to the game and it was a pretty good crowd.

Now onto the Bay Area trip, we need to find a way to win a damn road game and get back on track as March approaches.