• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Owen

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Been holding it for 20 years and will take it to the grave.
You really aren’t going to budge, are you. What if You get a nudge? From Pudge?

actually, I think I read about this on Drudge...

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More the former is my take. I figure he’ll never get into the hall until she passes, at least that’d be my guess. The earliest would be whenever Vince dies and HHH can work his magic and smooth things over.

it's probably a combination of the two. Working out a deal with the rigging company to shift the entire blame on the WWE is clear cut evidence that Martha views the WWE to be 100% responsible in her husband's death.

If she did hold a grudge, who could blame her? The fans didn't have to raise two children as a single mother. She did.

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
couple of notable things that were left out of the documentary:

Pretty sure the Hart's that were on Martha's side were the parents, Bret, Ross and Wayne.

Georgia Hart was the Hart that gave the WWE Martha's legal documents

Georgia Hart then proceeded to call Bret and told him that she wishes he had never been born

Martha's legal team promised the rigging company that they wouldn't go after them and that they were setting their sights solely on the WWE.

Bret's and Martha's rift started after the settlement. Martha proclaimed that the Hart family was dirty and that Owen was the only good thing that ever came from that family. Bret viewed this as a slap in the face, since he and the parents had been 100% supportive of Martha. It's only escalated since then. Bret desperately wants Owen in the WWE HOF.

Max Mini was originally supposed to come down with Owen. Max Mini saved his own life by telling the WWE that he felt it was too dangerous. Honestly, I'm not sure why this tidbit was left out. I understand why everything else I posted was, but this supports the opinion that WWE was negligent and careless about Owen's safety.

fwiw, the part about Georgia Hart is untrue. It was actually Ellie Hart. I knew it was Neidhart's wife, but I got the names mixed up.

I read Bret's book about 8-9 years ago and my key takeaway from it is that Ellie Hart is an unpleasant person.

Martha's legal team also attempted to get all of the Hart siblings to sign a document that would promise them a piece of the settlement. The only catch was that they could not talk to the WWE about anything. Most of the Hart siblings signed it with Ellie and Diana being the notable exceptions. Ellie somehow got her hands on the document and sent it to the WWE's legal team. When Martha stated in the documentary, "Some of the Hart siblings betrayed me and sent WWE's lawyers our gameplan", this is what she was referencing.

from Bret's book:

“People need to know that Owen was a white sheep in a black family.” After that, she called me again, and I told her point blank that I felt she’d completely used me and I didn’t appreciate the way she painted us all with the same brush. I couldn’t see why Martha had hurt my whole family. While she’d been quick to praise me, she was quite venomous to my mother, who’d stood by her throughout all the family struggles. It didn’t seem to matter to Martha that Owen was my mother’s son. When Martha started to cry I forgave her, because I knew she felt she had no choice but to settle after Ellie had derailed the case, but what she had said was not about the money ended up being about the money.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's probably a combination of the two. Working out a deal with the rigging company to shift the entire blame on the WWE is clear cut evidence that Martha views the WWE to be 100% responsible in her husband's death.

If she did hold a grudge, who could blame her? The fans didn't have to raise two children as a single mother. She did.
I wouldn’t say 100% because she did say how the people that were up there didn’t have the experience to be doing that. But definitely the vast majority for sure.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really aren’t going to budge, are you. What if You get a nudge? From Pudge?

actually, I think I read about this on Drudge...

No. I get the puns.

Long story short. My Father, who was in Canadian navy, was posted to Ottawa for 3 years, I moved just after my 10th birthday and moved back just before my 13th.

I was put in " the best integrated school" in Ottawa. Some ways it was but mostly......

IT WAS A LIVING HELL.

Hated it. Bullied mercifully, as was most of the special needs students, everyday with no where to turn. I found out later that it was the same most Ontario schools.

So I have a grudge against the Ontario School Board, mostly the Ottawa School Board, for 20 years.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. I get the puns.

Long story short. My Father, who was in Canadian navy, was posted to Ottawa for 3 years, I moved just after my 10th birthday and moved back just before my 13th.

I was put in " the best integrated school" in Ottawa. Some ways it was but mostly......

IT WAS A LIVING HELL.

Hated it. Bullied mercifully, as was most of the special needs students, everyday with no where to turn. I found out later that it was the same most Ontario schools.

So I have a grudge against the Ontario School Board, mostly the Ottawa School Board, for 20 years.
I was just having fun. Wasn’t challenging your having a grudge. I think everyone holds grudges to some level or another. I have my baggage as well.

sorry to hear you had it rough, though. Seeing as your dad was busy outside the home, was your mom aware of the issues? If you have an active parent, I believe the kids life will be MUCH stronger

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Context; I started watching wrestling in 2000, I had never heard of Owen Hart until I saw stuff on the internet about how fans want him in the Hall of Fame.

I listened to Chris Jericho's podcast with Martha Hart. I didn't care for all the "how we met" "we fell in love"...etc stuff but there were some good parts. Of course..they aren't going to go deep into everything that is meant for the "dark side of the ring" episode.

The fact that WWE sued Martha for "Owens breach of contract for...DYING..." is sick in so many ways.

Owens family could have in many ways supported Martha without themselves going against WWE. They betrayed her.

Honestly, I didn't come away from hearing that podcast feeling like Owen Hart was special in any kind of way. Just some random wrestler who died that's famous because of his last name.

In the end, fans need to realize that their "feelings" do not matter. Martha has every right to not want her husband used for publicity/money by the very man who caused his death.

I 100% believe that when Vince dies...in the 2-3 years afterward, Martha will "suddenly" have a change of heart.

Who sued who first? Why be a disingenuous doosh by leaving that answer out? Also, why (key word there) did they (WWE, pronouns pal) sue Martha for Owen's "breach of contract"? Be truthful with your answer instead of the disingenuous doosh answer I expect to receive.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was OK with them continuing the show. It is a circus, AKA “show business”, after all, and the main rule in show business is, “The Show Must Go On”. It wasn’t a slap in the face to Owen to continue. It was an honor to Owen to continue.

heck, the VERY next night, Bret and Jericho (??) did a 1-hour match in tribute. How hard was that for Bret?

Someone probably already corrected this, but I'm pretty sure it was Benoit and I'm almost certain it was NOT the next night on Nitro.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would still be using the WWE platform and cooperating with the company that was responsible for her husband's death. Martha is 100% right to not let Owen into the WWE's Sham of Fame.

It was also good to see that Oje and Athena won't be cooperating with the WWE after their mother passes.

Martha Hart is a liar and her word means nothing now. Less than nothing in fact.

Why do I say that? Because after Mark Henry tearfully begged Martha to let Owen go into the Hall of Fame in 2018 (I believe), she came out and said very forcefully that she, Martha Hart, is not preventing Owen from being inducted. Not even a little bit. That was after she very forcefully said that no way hell was Owen ever getting inducted into the Hall. Which is the angle she's back to playing. Probably did that after the last syllable left her mouth denying she was preventing Owen from the Hall.

If she's willing to lie about something that "insignificant", what else is she willing to lie about?

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is she holding a grudge or trying to do right by her husband? there's absolutely zero reason for her to do business with the WWE.

Holding a grudge. She stopped doing right by her husband when she lied to Mark Henry about preventing Owen from getting inducted into the Hall, before she admitted she's keeping Owen from getting inducted into the Hall.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just having fun. Wasn’t challenging your having a grudge. I think everyone holds grudges to some level or another. I have my baggage as well.

sorry to hear you had it rough, though. Seeing as your dad was busy outside the home, was your mom aware of the issues? If you have an active parent, I believe the kids life will be MUCH stronger

First off. Both were active and knew about it but when you have 3 kids both around the same age, now almost 36 (me), 34 and 33 in November, and one ,me, that has school half way across town like a good 15-20 minutes from the base.

Also my mom was daycare worker and the youngest brother had a niche for getting himself hurt.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone probably already corrected this, but I'm pretty sure it was Benoit and I'm almost certain it was NOT the next night on Nitro.

If someone already corrected it which y, why do you need to beat a dead horse other than to be an asshole?

You responded to and gave ratings to plenty of posts already, and as a result you certainly had to have seen someone correct that, but yet you decided to beat a dead horse because you like to argue for the sake of arguing...

That's a mental disorder...

Last edited:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who sued who first? Why be a disingenuous doosh by leaving that answer out? Also, why (key word there) did they (WWE, pronouns pal) sue Martha for Owen's "breach of contract"? Be truthful with your answer instead of the disingenuous doosh answer I expect to receive.
what???!

I do not know what you are talking about.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what???!

I do not know what you are talking about.

WWE counter-sued Martha because she wanted to ignore Owen‘s contract saying all legal proceedings had to be held in Connecticut in order to hold them in Missouri where she could try and fix her lawsuit to get the verdict she wanted. Something that was actually proven she tried to do.

She’s the one who falsely sued them first they just responded by suing her for breach of contract and it had nothing to do with Owen dying.

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Martha Hart is a liar and her word means nothing now. Less than nothing in fact.

Why do I say that? Because after Mark Henry tearfully begged Martha to let Owen go into the Hall of Fame in 2018 (I believe), she came out and said very forcefully that she, Martha Hart, is not preventing Owen from being inducted. Not even a little bit. That was after she very forcefully said that no way hell was Owen ever getting inducted into the Hall. Which is the angle she's back to playing. Probably did that after the last syllable left her mouth denying she was preventing Owen from the Hall.

If she's willing to lie about something that "insignificant", what else is she willing to lie about?

Mark Henry is quite the emotionally stunted individual for pulling that stunt during his Hall of Fame speech. If "SHE LIED TO MARK HENRY!!!!" is your reason why Martha is doing wrong by Owen, then you don't have much of an argument.

Martha's legal team did some sketchy shit in their attempt to take the WWE to trial. Why don't you focus on that instead?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah... my memory about the incident 21 years later apparently isn’t as steel-trap as I like to believe it is...

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WWE counter-sued Martha because she wanted to ignore Owen‘s contract saying all legal proceedings had to be held in Connecticut in order to hold them in Missouri where she could try and fix her lawsuit to get the verdict she wanted. Something that was actually proven she tried to do.

She’s the one who falsely sued them first they just responded by suing her for breach of contract and it had nothing to do with Owen dying.

I am still confused...

Of course she sued them, they did a stupid stunt & used a rig that was not for holding a 250 lb man.

If someone ran over your kid with their car would you sue them? Yes

Them suing her was sick.. Suing for breach of contract ...Oh I wonder why he couldnt wrestle, maybe its because ...He was DEAD!

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suing for breach of contract ...Oh I wonder why he couldnt wrestle, maybe its because ...He was DEAD!

I don’t think you quite understand, her suing them in the first place isn’t the reason they sued her back. The breach of contract wasn’t because Owen couldn’t wrestle anymore, it was because in all WWE contracts it states “you agree that any legal matters must be handled in the state of Connecticut”.

Martha didn’t want that and wanted her own trial in Missouri so she could try and fix the results to rule in her favor. That is why they sued her, it had nothing to do with Owen himself but the stunts she pulled in her lawsuit.

Now whether you agree or not that that clause should be in the contract to begin with is a different story, but the fact is that it is and that’s what both parties agreed to when they signed the contract.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think you quite understand, her suing them in the first place isn’t the reason they sued her back. The breach of contract wasn’t because Owen couldn’t wrestle anymore, it was because in all WWE contracts it states “you agree that any legal matters must be handled in the state of Connecticut”.

Martha didn’t want that and wanted her own trial in Missouri so she could try and fix the results to rule in her favor. That is why they sued her, it had nothing to do with Owen himself but the stunts she pulled in her lawsuit.

Now whether you agree or not that that clause should be in the contract to begin with is a different story, but the fact is that it is and that’s what both parties agreed to when they signed the contract.

The contract was between WWE and the person working for them..Owen. Once Owen died, that contract became void. Martha was not an employee for the WWE. That clause does not pertain to her.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The contract was between WWE and the person working for them..Owen. Once Owen died, that contract became void. Martha was not an employee for the WWE. That clause does not pertain to her.

That’s not how that works, Owen signed a contract saying any legal matter involving him has to be processed in the state of Connecticut. It doesn’t matter who did the processing, if Owen was involved then the contract had to be honored, and that’s why WWE counter-sued her.

Now if the lawsuit was today and not in 2000 that likely wouldn’t hold up because it’s been 20 years later and a judge would most likely see the WWE doesn’t have an expectation to that clause in the contract anymore.