• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Owen

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My issue with Martha hart is this.

She is looking at everything in the wrong light.

It's NOT the WWE who wants to celebrate Owens career .

Instead its fans, like yours truly, who thinks it is a huge HUGE slap in the face for Owen not to be there.

I will go on record and say that Owen is the 2nd best wrestler to EVER COME FROM CANADA.

Not Edge.

Not Jericho

Not Kevin or Sami

He is someone who, and this hurts me to type, never get his just do.

It would still be using the WWE platform and cooperating with the company that was responsible for her husband's death. Martha is 100% right to not let Owen into the WWE's Sham of Fame.

It was also good to see that Oje and Athena won't be cooperating with the WWE after their mother passes.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing show. I haven't watched wrestling in 20 years but this show does it for me.

Also regarding Owen Hart, it's amazing I did not care for Bret at all but Owen was such a great heel. I think all of the charisma went to him.

Agreed - Owen was an incredible heel....Own tearing up the glasses when it looked like he was going to give it to a kid is one of the all-time great heel moves imo.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was honestly very surprised that Russo didn’t comment on it since he was there at the time and had given his thoughts about things in previous episodes.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If a wrestler died of a heart attack it's a judgement call and up to the promoter. Under these circumstances they obviously should have stopped the show but it was a forgivable mistake under the circumstances.

As far as the HOF goes that's absolutely, 100 percent up to the surviving family members.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I was honestly very surprised that Russo didn’t comment on it since he was there at the time and had given his thoughts about things in previous episodes.

A lot of people unfairly blamed him for the incident. He broke down in tears talking about it on SCSAs podcast a few years ago.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of people unfairly blamed him for the incident. He broke down in tears talking about it on SCSAs podcast a few years ago.
I had always figured that he pitched the idea and Owen balked at it because he wasn’t comfortable and wanted to to something like tripping while running down to the ring. Ultimately, we know that he didn’t get his way. There are horrible ideas that you can blame Russo for but I wouldn’t have really blamed him for this since he never had the final say and the one that does is Vince.

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
couple of notable things that were left out of the documentary:

Pretty sure the Hart's that were on Martha's side were the parents, Bret, Ross and Wayne.

Georgia Hart was the Hart that gave the WWE Martha's legal documents

Georgia Hart then proceeded to call Bret and told him that she wishes he had never been born

Martha's legal team promised the rigging company that they wouldn't go after them and that they were setting their sights solely on the WWE.

Bret's and Martha's rift started after the settlement. Martha proclaimed that the Hart family was dirty and that Owen was the only good thing that ever came from that family. Bret viewed this as a slap in the face, since he and the parents had been 100% supportive of Martha. It's only escalated since then. Bret desperately wants Owen in the WWE HOF.

Max Mini was originally supposed to come down with Owen. Max Mini saved his own life by telling the WWE that he felt it was too dangerous. Honestly, I'm not sure why this tidbit was left out. I understand why everything else I posted was, but this supports the opinion that WWE was negligent and careless about Owen's safety.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how anyone can blame the WWE for not canceling the show. It was an oh shit as well as Owen wrestled an hour after he found out Brian Pillman was just found dead.

Martha deserved to be sued. Owen’s death was a terrible tragedy and the WWE was negligent but she/has been disgraceful with her vitriol as though Vince and the WWE murdered him.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Statement from WWE lawyer Jerry McDevitt on a certain claim from Martha;

Jerry McDevitt's response to Martha's statement:
"The reality is, we've never told our side of the story of what happened -- at least not outside of court. We told it in court, but when she talks about the way the lawsuit unfolded over the years, it really isn't accurate what she's saying. What she did whenever this happened is, she hired a lawyer in Kansas City who we caught essentially trying to fix the judicial selection process to get a judge that was more to their liking. We caught them and went all the way to the Missouri Supreme Court. The Missouri Supreme Court said, 'No, no, no. We're not going to let that happen.' They essentially appointed an independent judge to come in from outside of Kansas City to oversee the proceedings. We were basically trying to find out what happened that night. Martha was not even remotely interested in finding out what happened that night; she just wanted to used it as a vehicle to beat up a business that she didn't like that her husband was in, the wrestling business."

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would still be using the WWE platform and cooperating with the company that was responsible for her husband's death. Martha is 100% right to not let Owen into the WWE's Sham of Fame.

It was also good to see that Oje and Athena won't be cooperating with the WWE after their mother passes.

I disagree sir.

Does their need to be another HOF? Fuck yeah

But for now you have this. It's a damn shame that someone can hold a grudge but who am I to judge.

I've hold a grudge for over 20 years now

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I had always figured that he pitched the idea and Owen balked at it because he wasn’t comfortable and wanted to to something like tripping while running down to the ring. Ultimately, we know that he didn’t get his way. There are horrible ideas that you can blame Russo for but I wouldn’t have really blamed him for this since he never had the final say and the one that does is Vince.

Sting came down from the rafters all the time on Nitro. Shawn Michaels appeared at WM XII on a zipline. This was a stunt gone bad. If theres negligence it wasn't on Russo's part unless he was involved in more than booking the creative.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a wrestler died of a heart attack it's a judgement call and up to the promoter. Under these circumstances they obviously should have stopped the show but it was a forgivable mistake under the circumstances.

As far as the HOF goes that's absolutely, 100 percent up to the surviving family members.

Oh I agree they should BUT my point is she is looking at it in the wrong way.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Not sure how anyone can blame the WWE for not canceling the show. It was an oh shit as well as Owen wrestled an hour after he found out Brian Pillman was just found dead.

My take is that if someone on a construction site has a heart attack it's up to the company to decide if they continue the shift.

If one of the machine's malfunctions and kills an employee you close shop and let the powers that be (including local authorities) figure out what happened.

Again it was a spur of the moment decision so I don't fault the WWE for making the wrong call but if it happened today I'd expect them to end the show immediately

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree sir.

But for now you have this. It's a damn shame that someone can hold a grudge but who am I to judge.

is she holding a grudge or trying to do right by her husband? there's absolutely zero reason for her to do business with the WWE.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My take is that if someone on a construction site has a heart attack it's up to the company to decide if they continue the shift.

If one of the machine's malfunctions and kills an employee you close shop and let the powers that be (including local authorities) figure out what happened.

Again it was a spur of the moment decision so I don't fault the WWE for making the wrong call but if it happened today I'd expect them to end the show immediately

If Hart had died right there in the ring Vince would’ve stopped the show. I think the fact that they were able to take him out of the arena and put him in an ambulance made Vince think we wasn’t going to die and he was ok to continue the show.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree sir.

So what you are saying is there is a ...

Judge Fudge Grudge?

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Martha deserved to be sued. Owen’s death was a terrible tragedy and the WWE was negligent but she/has been disgraceful with her vitriol as though Vince and the WWE murdered him.

Poor logic...WWE's lawsuit against Martha wasn't for libel/slander or 'the way she acted.' They sued her for breach of contract.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is she holding a grudge or trying to do right by her husband? there's absolutely zero reason for her to do business with the WWE.
More the former is my take. I figure he’ll never get into the hall until she passes, at least that’d be my guess. The earliest would be whenever Vince dies and HHH can work his magic and smooth things over.