• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Over/Under Predictions on Nix Rookie Stats

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on starting 17 games, do you expect Bo’s rookie year to be over or under on the following?

TD passes: 17
Interceptions: 13
Yard Rushing: 325
TDs rushing: 3
Sacks taken: 35
Passer rating: 83

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TD passes: 17 Under (barely)
Interceptions: 13 Under
Yard Rushing: 325 Over (which would be great if he does)
TDs rushing: 3 Under (I’ll say two)
Sacks taken: 35 Under
Passer rating: 83 Under (but whoever made this poll sure is close!)

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TD passes: 17 OVER
Interceptions: 13 UNDER
Yard Rushing: 325 UNDER
TDs rushing: 3 OVER
Sacks taken: 35 OVER
Passer rating: 83 OVER

Bo Nix will be our savior. Haha!

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Nix is the QB the Broncos have been looking for since Peyton retired.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So are we!

I've mentioned this before but I'm a Broncos fan through marriage. My wife is a lifelong fan.

About time to go to a game. Went to multiple games from 2010 to 2017.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TD's: Over 25
Rushing TD's over 5
Passing TD's over 25
INT under 12
Rushing under 210 yds
Passer rating over 86
Sacks under 24

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on starting 17 games, do you expect Bo’s rookie year to be over or under on the following?

TD passes: 17
Interceptions: 13
Yard Rushing: 325
TDs rushing: 3
Sacks taken: 35
Passer rating: 83

I only give betting tips for a fee.

;)

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've mentioned this before but I'm a Broncos fan through marriage. My wife is a lifelong fan.

Go to the Raiders game. See you there.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TD passes: 17 Over
Interceptions: 13 Under
Yard Rushing: 325 Under
TDs rushing: 3 Over
Sacks taken: 35 Under
Passer rating: 83 Under

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
)TD passes: 17 -Way under (35)
Interceptions: 13 under (6)
Yard Rushing: 325 Over - (450)
TDs rushing: 3 Over (6)
Sacks taken: 35 Under - (16)
Passer rating: 83 way over (105)

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go to the Raiders game. See you there.

My bro-n-law got his season tickets going again for the first time in couple of seasons. He hates the Raiders so doubt I'll be at that game. But I know I'll be at the game on 12/2 when the Browns are in town.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
)TD passes: 17 -Way under (35)
Interceptions: 13 under (6)
Yard Rushing: 325 Over - (450)
TDs rushing: 3 Over (6)
Sacks taken: 35 Under - (16)
Passer rating: 83 way over (105)

That's a cool avatar.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, do we have some homers here or just super optimists! The lost of great QBs having great rookie seasons isn’t a long one.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Always glad to have you drop by. What’s your take on the Browns? Tough division, although I think Steelers are headed to a long dry spell.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always glad to have you drop by. What’s your take on the Browns? Tough division, although I think Steelers are headed to a long dry spell.

Thanks. Always like to get the NFL talk going more this time of year.

As far as my team. I really don't know. Gotta jackass for an owner and creep for a QB. What a combo huh? I will be interested to see what Jeudy (spelling?) looks like. His time in Denver has to be looked at as disappointing.

I don't trust my QB. N. Chubb's on the PUP list to start the season. Just hoping my team can stay as healthy as possible.

As far as the Broncos. I hope there isn't unrealistic expectations for Nix this season. He's gonna have his up's & down's like all rookies. But there is something I like about the kid. Did you hear the story about S. Payton gave Nix a playbook and he broke it down in about two hours is the story I saw. He's not your typical rookie with the extra CFB experience he got. He even looked good in the limited preseason he got.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bro-n-law got his season tickets going again for the first time in couple of seasons. He hates the Raiders so doubt I'll be at that game. But I know I'll be at the game on 12/2 when the Browns are in town.
That is why you go to the Raiders game because you hate them!

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks. Always like to get the NFL talk going more this time of year.

As far as my team. I really don't know. Gotta jackass for an owner and creep for a QB. What a combo huh? I will be interested to see what Jeudy (spelling?) looks like. His time in Denver has to be looked at as disappointing.

I don't trust my QB. N. Chubb's on the PUP list to start the season. Just hoping my team can stay as healthy as possible.

As far as the Broncos. I hope there isn't unrealistic expectations for Nix this season. He's gonna have his up's & down's like all rookies. But there is something I like about the kid. Did you hear the story about S. Payton gave Nix a playbook and he broke it down in about two hours is the story I saw. He's not your typical rookie with the extra CFB experience he got. He even looked good in the limited preseason he got.
If you get the Denver Post online, there is an awesome article about Bo today.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I don't get the Post. But thanks for the info.

Mike McGlinchey’s “a-ha” moment is vintage offensive lineman.

He’s standing on the Broncos practice field in late August discussing Bo Nix. He’s not talking about a finished product. The rookie quarterback has a long way to go. A lot to learn.

One week out from his regular-season debut, the list of unknowns about Nix is much longer than the knowns.

But McGlinchey and other Broncos veterans know this: They’re ready to see what it looks like with Nix at the helm. They trust him.

That alone doesn’t guarantee early success for the No. 12 overall pick, who on Sept. 8 in Seattle will become the first rookie to start at quarterback for this franchise in a season opener since John Elway in 1983. But it’s no small thing, either.

For McGlinchey, the lightbulb didn’t go off on that 23-yard dart Nix threw to Courtland Sutton in the preseason game against Green Bay. Or the calmness with which he converted third downs with his legs against Indianapolis and then over the middle to Tim Patrick with his arm.

Instead, it came earlier, on a training camp day when Broncos defensive coordinator Vance Joseph decided to heat up the rookie and his offense with a blitz.

Nix sensed it, adjusted the protection, and went about his business.

Fans watching from the berm probably didn’t even notice. But for McGlinchey, it stamped a major impression.

“College quarterbacks don’t necessarily have to deal with that. They don’t have to deal with structure,” McGlinchey told The Denver Post. “Especially in training camp with our defense, Vance likes to bring a lot of different stuff. To be able to get us into a full slide when nobody even really saw what the defense was doing but he saw the rotation of the safeties and said, ‘OK, I know where the pressure is coming from,’ or getting the ball out or knowing exactly where his hot read is?

“That’s the stuff that’s really advanced for him and has really come along quickly.”

To put it plainly, the big right tackle said, “Guys in his position are usually too scared to do that or don’t have the knowledge to do it.”

This is how Nix won the starting quarterback job and won the respect of the Denver locker room, too.

Alex Singleton last shared a team with a rookie quarterback in 2020.

His second year in Philadelphia, the Eagles drafted Jalen Hurts in the second round, No. 52 overall.

Unlike Nix, Hurts didn’t start right away. He appeared sporadically during his rookie season and then got the final four games before bursting onto the scene in 2021.

Singleton, though, sees similarities.

There’s the biographical, of course. Hurts started his career in the SEC but transferred after three seasons, just like Nix. He put up prodigious numbers at Oklahoma in one year as Nix did at Oregon over two. Hurts finished college as runner-up in the Heisman Trophy voting to Joe Burrow, the eventual No. 1 pick. Nix finished third behind Jayden Daniels, the No. 2 pick, and Michael Penix Jr.

In the pre-draft process, as much of the talk around Hurts was about what he didn’t or couldn’t do as it was about what he could. Can he process? Does he have enough arm? He’s not that accurate. Different set of questions around Nix, but similar discourse.

As soon as Hurts got to Philadelphia, though, none of that mattered. Singleton said it’s been similar with Nix this summer.

“I saw it with Jalen Hurts, that same kind of fire,” Singleton told The Post. “I would say they have a lot of similarities in that nothing really seems too big for them. They’re like the calm-in-the-storm kind of guys.

“I think there’s a lot of similarities between those two.”

The Broncos, of course, would gladly take an opening stanza to Nix’s career that looks like Hurts’.

Up and down training camp, at the podium and in private conversations and with pretty much anybody who’s seen Nix operate, that’s the consensus. Not that it’s going to be glorious right away, but that the 24-year-old is built to handle the interim no matter how long it lasts.

McGlinchey’s a protector by nature. It’s a personality trait and it’s also literally his job. But his new quarterback? Kid gloves or hover-teammating? Not a chance.

“I don’t think he needs it at all,” McGlinchey said. “He’s been a professional since the day he got here and his ability to focus on what’s important and what he needs to accomplish and not doing too much.”

(Continued next post)