• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

over/under last 9 games

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 wins...under

2-4-4 last ten. doesnt bode well. at this point maybe playing to keep the rangers out is the best motivation and the rest will fall into place.

bos, ott, @tor, @phi, fla. @nyr, mtl, pitt, @nyr

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
fyi kovy isnt coming back this season. even if the team makes the playoffs. guy hasnt even started to skate yet.

4-4-1

miss the playoffs. but i do think they beat the rangers at least 1x in regulation. not sure if that will keep them out or not. i hope it does since columbus has their #1 this year

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might be ok with us missing the playoffs if the Rangers also miss and their draft pick winds up being a top 3 that goes to the Jackets. That would be absolutely amazing.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont wanna say I wanna miss the playoffs..it might be nice to make it while the Rags or Isles miss out. But I also dont wanna get stomped by the Pens or Bruins.

With that schedule and our position I might not have given us much of a chance even with Kovy. But w/o Kovy I cant see us winning anymore then 3 games in that stretch. Which aint getting us in.

Fuckin injuries.

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You cant say fuckin injuries when its only one person injured. Rest of the team has to step up and play... Prime example.... last nights 2nd goal by Buffalo.... it should have been iceing by them, but we as usual per game where not playing full speed, their guy was and blew past all the defense... negated iceing, 10 seconds later its in the back of the net.... 2-1 lead Buffalo.... yes we tied it up... but that could have been a 2-1 win for us... That lack of effort has nothing to do with Kovy being hurt. Yes they did outplay them,.... just as they have done the last 3 games.... but its still 3 loses and that is what matters....

Ever since Zajack got back from injury, he is playing scaried.... I guess he doesnt want to get hurt again... but his play is not worth what we are paying him for.... I hope this isnt the new norm for him... because he is just pathetic right now... His two penalties last night were just stupid and came at the worse times.... one when we were on the PP. This is what we gave millions for> WTF?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marty and Kovy being down for long periods of time killed our season..there's really no other reason in my opinion. We lost a lot of games we shouldnt have when Moose was in net..and now were losing a lot of games we shouldnt be without Kovy. But when both were healthy the team was clicking.

So is it just a coincidence that ever since Kovy went down not only havent we won a game but guys like Clarkson , Elias , Henrique , Zajac , Loktionov etc havent done dick?

DevFan60

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It says about team's depth. No more players to rely on. Anyone can be traded without pain. Team needs fresh blood and sport's anger. Sullivan looked better than anyone else at his 38. But this can only happen at off season - if it happens. If we could loose Nied, Rafalski, Gomez, Parise, then it shouldn't be so hard to loose anyone else except Kovy as we can see now.

TheSgtDabbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
everyone who is up this year for FA is pretty expendable. This team needs to get younger, hungrier players on the ice. None of these 35 year old has beens anymore.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i dont buy the injuries argument either.

we lost zach 2 years ago and if it wasnt for mac we make the playoffs.
we lost broduer for half a season before kovy got here and imo a less skilled team and still got clemmer 25 wins.

i really think the players have grown complacent there is no fear or hunger in them anymore. i also really do think the coaching stevens barr and the pp guy have really been a downgrade. the games that moose played this season while he wasnt great. he was still ok enough to win some games. the defense has been brutal. the powerplay a joke!

if there is a year to miss the playoffs it should be this year since we have to give a pick up now or next year. i really think we should've given up the pick last year and just traded to up into the 2nd and taken mattuea.

no one else though answered the OP on the final 9 record

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Marty and Kovy being down for long periods of time killed our season..there's really no other reason in my opinion. We lost a lot of games we shouldnt have when Moose was in net..and now were losing a lot of games we shouldnt be without Kovy. But when both were healthy the team was clicking.

So is it just a coincidence that ever since Kovy went down not only havent we won a game but guys like Clarkson , Elias , Henrique , Zajac , Loktionov etc havent done dick?

You have to be fair. Most fans of the devils always say its a team effort. So can't really blame it on 2 guys going down. I blame it on the team not stepping up.

Too many grinders.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure people need to step up but thats easier said they done..we dont have the Elias who scored 40 goals anymore..Henrique is still young and was injured. Zajac just sucks this year. Clarkson is more about just getting the puck on net then actually trying to score. I mean we could probably sit here and all day , go player by player and come up with the same answers as to why they arent the type of player to be "that guy" when it comes to putting the puck in the net. Our team isnt built to sustain an injury to a player like Kovalchuk. There built to sustain injuries to guys like Zubrus.

Anyone who doesn't believe its injuries should just look over to our friends in Pittsburgh..and they still have about 100x's more talent then we have.

Crosby goes down and all of the sudden Kunitz and Dupuis look lost. When you take out a bigtime player like that its gonna effect the less talented ones around him. Little different when its Tyler Kennedy centering you then the best player in the league. Same with us when you have 2 Dmen on the PP.

We started this season 10-4-4 with Marty and Kovy healthy. Then went 3-8-2 without Marty. Marty comes back and we look good against the Canes and the next game Kovy goes down. Well since that game we've lost 7 straight.

Last edited by a moderator:

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
yeah i agree injuries are a big part of it. one of the reasons we need another big name guy (parise). but the devils we are told from management are suppose to be different. reasons why neids/holik/gomez can all leave and we would be "ok" mainly because the "role" players stepping and did their jobs. we now problem is we lost too much and our role players are now being asked to be scorers. just doesnt work that way.

pens i agree with they could be in trouble but also they were on a 15 game win streak so they were due for a bad stretch. without crosby though the team is really def beatable so i wouldnt mind getting them in the 1st round instead of boston.

whatever way you look at the situation though its a win/win for devils and devils fans. we make the playoffs great more $$$$ and chance to win the cup. miss the playoffs and we will get a good pick in a deep draft and get younger which we need

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In that sense you're right. If we do miss and get a good pick it helps with the post Marty era.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
looked at the standings. the devils are 15-24! ouch! take out those "free loser points" and the devils are at the bottom of the nhl. its kinda a black eye on the nhl if we did make the playoffs. in my book otl's are no different then losses. in fact the kings won the cup with a losing record!

we are on a 7 game losing streak. our 2nd this long of the season. yet only 2points out of a playoff spot. because our losing streaks take us into overtime

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looked at the standings. the devils are 15-24! ouch! take out those "free loser points" and the devils are at the bottom of the nhl. its kinda a black eye on the nhl if we did make the playoffs. in my book otl's are no different then losses. in fact the kings won the cup with a losing record!

we are on a 7 game losing streak. our 2nd this long of the season. yet only 2points out of a playoff spot. because our losing streaks take us into overtime

It also helps that other teams in the East this year are TERRIBLE!!! This is why I want to make the playoffs. If we're playing poorly and still treading water, then we could make noise in the playoffs if we get our act together. If Clarkson, Henrique and Zajac start clicking I still think we can hang with just about anybody.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It also helps that other teams in the East this year are TERRIBLE!!! This is why I want to make the playoffs. If we're playing poorly and still treading water, then we could make noise in the playoffs if we get our act together. If Clarkson, Henrique and Zajac start clicking I still think we can hang with just about anybody.

i do agree with this. if the team from the first 2 weeks of the season showed up we would be good. but i dont think thats going to happen

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are we shocked? Lou attempted to fill the void left by Parise with BOBBY BUTTHOLE!

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i just noticed how far ottawa has slipped in the standings. they spot is def up for grab. devils are what 4 behind them? rags/isles are 2 each.

devils play the rangers 2x and sens 1x. those 3 are MUST WINS 2-0-1 is ok but anything less then 3-0 is bad imo

DevFan60

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have to take 2 points tonight. Otherwise we are out, esp if Rags, Isles and Sens win their games.