• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Over under 50 wins for the Timberwolves?

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I truly hope that Edwards, NAW, McDaniels, and Reid the Wolves have the defensive versatility to prevent this from happening. I am actually excited to find out!

Super excited!

It is the one nice thing about being the Twolves. They finish in the top 4 in the West and win a single playoff series and this is a wildly successful year that reinvigorates the fan base.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Super excited!

It is the one nice thing about being the Twolves. They finish in the top 4 in the West and win a single playoff series and this is a wildly successful year that reinvigorates the fan base.
long overdue for a suffering fan base, theyr'e fun to watch

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I live in a world where it is possible I get to see the Lions win a playoff game and the Wolves win a playoff series in 1 year. This could legitimately be the greatest year of sports for me!

Neither of those could happen, but the fact that it is a possibility has been great for me.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this, but my concern comes in from this.

2021-2022 ---> Regular season: 110, playoffs: 116.9 (-6.9)
2020-2021 ---> Regular season: 108.8, playoffs: 123.5 (-14.7)
2019-2020 ---> Regular season: 110.2, playoffs: 119.6 (-9.4)
2018-2019 ---> Regular season: 105.9, playoffs: 109.3 (-3.4)
2017-2018 ---> Regular season: 101.4, playoffs: 107.5 (-6.1)
2016-2017 ---> Regular season: 105.9, playoffs: 110.8 (-4.9)

To this point, come playoffs when teams game plan for these things Gobert impact is lessened. The hope is McDaniels is an elite defender that can cover the wing and rotate into the paint. Closest Jazz had was Ingles, who made awesome plays sneaking into the lanes, but that only works when you have Gobert back there cleaning up the mistakes.

I truly hope that Edwards, NAW, McDaniels, and Reid the Wolves have the defensive versatility to prevent this from happening. I am actually excited to find out!
I suspect all teams have tougher stats in the playoffs when every opponent is a good team every game. Point being now that they know how to defend they are probably ready to actually be in the conversation for a title, if not this year then next for sure.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I live in a world where it is possible I get to see the Lions win a playoff game and the Wolves win a playoff series in 1 year. This could legitimately be the greatest year of sports for me!

Neither of those could happen, but the fact that it is a possibility has been great for me.
sanford and son GIF

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suspect all teams have tougher stats in the playoffs when every opponent is a good team every game. Point being now that they know how to defend they are probably ready to actually be in the conversation for a title, if not this year then next for sure.
Conley trade was great and upgrade over Russel

backup PG has me a little worried though

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't follow basketball, but being they're a Minnesota team, I would expect a complete and total collapse.
that is a Minnesotan POV for sure

Team has a different feel to it

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conley trade was great and upgrade over Russel

backup PG has me a little worried though
I don't mind McLaughlin when he is healthy. He is due for the re-eval of his knee soon an may be back soon. Outside of that, I agree forcing Edwards/NAW/Shake into primary ball handling is not ideal.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Super excited!

You live around here?

The fanbase has been reinvigorated for like 3 years. Mostly delusional(though makes for really fun playoff games even as someone who doesnt care much). The Wolves Back(still the most nonsensical slogan in sports) moniker has been used for like 3 years haha.

They desperately need to get home court and build off it with series wins.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You live around here?

The fanbase has been reinvigorated for like 3 years. Mostly delusional(though makes for really fun playoff games even as someone who doesnt care much). The Wolves Back(still the most nonsensical slogan in sports) moniker has been used for like 3 years haha.

I remember wolves fans getting critized for winning play in game

"Act like you've been there before"

"umm we've haven't been there before"

Save KG years and one year with Jimmy Buckets

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember wolves fans getting critized for winning play in game

"Act like you've been there before"

"umm we've haven't been there before"

Save KG years and one year with Jimmy Buckets

Oh the atomsphere is fun and any time you win something in playoffs even a play in game you should celebrate. But there is delusion

Right now there is loads of talk about this team literally winning the West locally. As if we havent seen Minnesota teams for decades fail over and over to get out of the first round no matter how good they look in regular season much less 25% of the way in.

My only point was that things are already well reinvigorated.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You live around here?

Yeah I live in MPLS.

I always go to a handful of Wolves games. I havent been yet this year because I wont pay the prices they are asking for good seats. That's how I know they are hot this year more than any other year. But maybe that is just inflation I guess too. Even last year at this time getting a decent seat wasnt too crazy of a price.

I have price checked a couple of times this year and I cant find a ticket under $200 in the area that we have normally sit. And I know I have never paid more than $75 for a seat.

For fans of any other NBA basketball team reading this. There is a benefit of being one of the worst franchises in any sport: Cheap tickets! I have seen pretty much every great NBA player play a game from no more than 10-15 seats up from MJ to today.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh the atomsphere is fun and any time you win something in playoffs even a play in game you should celebrate. But there is delusion

Right now there is loads of talk about this team literally winning the West locally. As if we havent seen Minnesota teams for decades fail over and over to get out of the first round no matter how good they look in regular season much less 25% of the way in.

It's unusual for MN fans to be optimistic

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To be fair, as someone else pointed out, this is a young team. For young teams, there's learning to win in the regular season and then there's learning to win in the playoffs.

It wouldn't be too surprising to see them finish with a really good regular season record and lose in the 1st round, especially if they got a veteran team like the Lakers, Suns or Warriors in that round.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, as someone else pointed out, this is a young team. For young teams, there's learning to win in the regular season and then there's learning to win in the playoffs.

It wouldn't be too surprising to see them finish with a really good regular season record and lose in the 1st round, especially if they got a veteran team like the Lakers, Suns or Warriors in that round.

That would be a flop.

The wolves are young but they are not inexperienced. They have went to playoffs last two years. Can argue they put up one of the better fights of anyone vs Denver even if it was 4-1. They basically blew the Memphis series and with home court that shifts things.

The Wolves goal this year should be home court and capitalizing off that with winning a series. Another first round exit would be a massive disappointment which is par the course in this state so they would have good company at least.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, we look way better than I expected.

Currently tied for the best record in the league halfway through December. This is like winning a title to Timberwolves fans already. That's how bad they've been as a franchise since KG left the first time back in 2007 lol

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
long overdue for a suffering fan base, theyr'e fun to watch

Thus far in the 2023 - 2024 season, the Wolves have been the Detoit Lions of the NBA this year. Kind of like every other year, now that I think of it...

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thus far in the 2023 - 2024 season, the Wolves have been the Detoit Lions of the NBA this year. Kind of like every other year, now that I think of it...
They haven't started their collapse like lions have