• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Over under 50 wins for the Timberwolves?

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to say over. 54-28. Sounds about right to me.
What do you all think?

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fredsdeadfriend says Twolves should be undefeated right now but the refs screwed them.
Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being serious, I have the over

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Under for certain

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going with 49. All season it will look like they are getting to 50, then late in the season, they'll remember that they're the T-Wolves.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year seems to mark a real changing of the guard from old teams (Warriors, Clippers) to young ones (Thunder, Twolves, Magic)
Its over for California

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They‘ll get to 50 wins. Going 500 the rest of the way gets them to 47 wins. So it’s not like they need to win at a huge rate the rest of the way to get to 50.

Of course an injury could change that.

But the fact that they come out and actually play defense night in and night out makes getting to 50 seem likely. Even when they struggle offensively, they still have a shot every night because of it.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it’s time for all of us to eat our crow on the Gobert acquisition. People could still argue overpay but a big objection was the fit of KAT and Gobert together. We all weren’t seeing that but we see now what Minnesota was envisioning. It looks pretty damn good.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it’s time for all of us to eat our crow on the Gobert acquisition. People could still argue overpay but a big objection was the fit of KAT and Gobert together. We all weren’t seeing that but we see now what Minnesota was envisioning. It looks pretty damn good.
I was one of the most vocal about hating it, and I appear to be wrong. The fact that McDaniels has missed significant time and had a few games without Edwards and they kept winning stunned me.

I for sure still have concerns of Gobert in the playoffs, we saw the Jazz outplay expectation every year and then Gobert get exploited in the playoffs. Do the Timberwolves have the perimeter defense to make it more difficult to exploit in the playoffs. I am skeptical, but the fact that I moved from hell no to skeptical is a big swing for me.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

20 games into this season. Cant get too carried away by how well he is playing either.

I had said in another thread that the difference between this year.....and last year makes no sense. It is a night and day difference.

Did he just need that time to adjust? Was he hurt last year? Was he out of shape last year?

.......and there is another possibility that these 20 games this year have been the anomaly and last year is the norm (or at least closer to it). Lot of basketball to be played overall to figure that out.

I was always basically fine with the trade (or at least understood the intent). People overestimate NBA draft picks big time. The Wolves already have what 1st round picks are meant for.....young talent. I was looking at the stats the other night and saw Jaden McDaniels 23 years old, Anthony Edwards 22 years old Naz Reid 24 years old. And Towns is only 28 too. So while every teams clock is ticking.....the Wolves clock isnt ticking nearly as fast as some other teams. This teams best is still likely years away.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
20 games into this season. Cant get too carried away by how well he is playing either.
I think that’s plenty of time to say “Ok. I get it. I see what you envisioned and what you are going for.” Making it successful over time and in the playoffs still has to be done. However, I and many others were saying the whole idea of pairing KAT and Gobert was dumb. I’m saying now…not so dumb at all.
I had said in another thread that the difference between this year.....and last year makes no sense. It is a night and day difference.
I think different groups need a different amount of time for people to assimilate to roles and come together with each other’s playing style.
Did he just need that time to adjust? Was he hurt last year? Was he out of shape last year?

.......and there is another possibility that these 20 games this year have been the anomaly and last year is the norm (or at least closer to it). Lot of basketball to be played overall to figure that out.
I don’t think Gobert has been anything this year that he hasn’t been in the past. Hes a put back guy, a rebounder, and one of the best rim protectors in the NBA.
I was always basically fine with the trade (or at least understood the intent). People overestimate NBA draft picks big time. The Wolves already have what 1st round picks are meant for.....young talent. I was looking at the stats the other night and saw Jaden McDaniels 23 years old, Anthony Edwards 22 years old Naz Reid 24 years old. And Towns is only 28 too. So while every teams clock is ticking.....the Wolves clock isnt ticking nearly as fast as some other teams. This teams best is still likely years away.
Great points about the picks.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't follow basketball, but being they're a Minnesota team, I would expect a complete and total collapse.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was one of the most vocal about hating it, and I appear to be wrong. The fact that McDaniels has missed significant time and had a few games without Edwards and they kept winning stunned me.

I for sure still have concerns of Gobert in the playoffs, we saw the Jazz outplay expectation every year and then Gobert get exploited in the playoffs. Do the Timberwolves have the perimeter defense to make it more difficult to exploit in the playoffs. I am skeptical, but the fact that I moved from hell no to skeptical is a big swing for me.
They are allowing the fewest points per game in the entire league which is a bizarre thing to say about the Twolves

They might be ready to be actually a deep playoff team and new contenders. Don't want to be a prisoner of the moment but this year seems to mark a real change in contending teams, with older teams like the Clippers and Warriors no longer there and young ones like the Thunder and Twolves either there or about to be.

Vegas still has it Celtics, Bucks, Nuggets, Suns as the contenders

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are allowing the fewest points per game in the entire league which is a bizarre thing to say about the Twolves

They might be ready to be actually a deep playoff team and new contenders. Don't want to be a prisoner of the moment but this year seems to mark a real change in contending teams, with older teams like the Clippers and Warriors no longer there and young ones like the Thunder and Twolves either there or about to be.

Vegas still has it Celtics, Bucks, Nuggets, Suns as the contenders
I agree with this, but my concern comes in from this.

2021-2022 ---> Regular season: 110, playoffs: 116.9 (-6.9)
2020-2021 ---> Regular season: 108.8, playoffs: 123.5 (-14.7)
2019-2020 ---> Regular season: 110.2, playoffs: 119.6 (-9.4)
2018-2019 ---> Regular season: 105.9, playoffs: 109.3 (-3.4)
2017-2018 ---> Regular season: 101.4, playoffs: 107.5 (-6.1)
2016-2017 ---> Regular season: 105.9, playoffs: 110.8 (-4.9)

To this point, come playoffs when teams game plan for these things Gobert impact is lessened. The hope is McDaniels is an elite defender that can cover the wing and rotate into the paint. Closest Jazz had was Ingles, who made awesome plays sneaking into the lanes, but that only works when you have Gobert back there cleaning up the mistakes.

I truly hope that Edwards, NAW, McDaniels, and Reid the Wolves have the defensive versatility to prevent this from happening. I am actually excited to find out!