• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Outside of Romo

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted Ray Rice over Felix heck Chris Johnson would have been a Great pick. I wanted Doug Martin last year and The year Patrick Peterson came out I wanted to trade up for him. Deep down inside i'm afraid we traded up for the wrong guy in Mo Claiborne. I keep thinking Mario Goodrich:gaah: Don't get me wrong Way to early to be down on Mo is just a fair I have as a jaded Cowboys fan I guess.

Eriko212121

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Felix over Ray Rice was terrible. Always thought Russell Wilson would be a good player. Mo Claiborne is a stud, but I'd have been good with the two guys who were at the top of Dallas' board if they hadn't made the trade- Michael Brockers and Bobby Wagner. I wish the Cowboys had taken S Floyd at 18, T Fredrick in the 2nd(Warford if he was gone) and Barrett Jones in the 3rd. Time will tell across the board. I loved Ryan Swoape as well, but he has already retired lol

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted Ray Rice over Felix heck Chris Johnson would have been a Great pick. I wanted Doug Martin last year and The year Patrick Peterson came out I wanted to trade up for him. Deep down inside i'm afraid we traded up for the wrong guy in Mo Claiborne. I keep thinking Mario Goodrich:gaah: Don't get me wrong Way to early to be down on Mo is just a fair I have as a jaded Cowboys fan I guess.
I think the trade up for Mo was a fair trade for us. (unusual as that is) So I don't complain for that move. In fact I was excited for it. Even though I rarely like moving up. What was it? basically cost a 2nd I think to move up from 14th to 6th? (we would have just drafted a TE with our 2nd anyways :laugh3:)

Eriko212121

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the trade up for Mo was a fair trade for us. (unusual as that is) So I don't complain for that move. In fact I was excited for it. Even though I rarely like moving up. What was it? basically cost a 2nd I think to move up from 14th to 6th? (we would have just drafted a TE with our 2nd anyways :laugh3:)

The Mo trade was definitely not a bad one, but I found it interesting that Dallas would have hit on two studs if the took the top two players on their board. They have done a much better job the last couple of years no doubt. I bet Rob Ryan wonders how his 3-4 would have looked in dallas if we had taken JJ Watt and then added Brockers and Wagner to the front 7. Even Ryan couldn't have messed that up

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get me wrong I like Mo, that said we need o see some earl production from him this year. I wish we could have gotten Star or Warmack in the first. If tight in was the plan they should have taken Eifert or what ever is name is from N.D. and then take Fredricks, Warford are next best OL available.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A decade of screaming for a center with an IQ higher than 2

sorry fellas ... I was happy with the draft

Eriko212121

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get me wrong I like Mo, that said we need o see some earl production from him this year. I wish we could have gotten Star or Warmack in the first. If tight in was the plan they should have taken Eifert or what ever is name is from N.D. and then take Fredricks, Warford are next best OL available.
I think they could have had Ertz at the end of the 1st round and still gotten Fredrick in the 2nd. Not saying they were wrong, time will tell, but I don't remember anyone else having Escobar rated over Ertz

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am very happy we finally got a Center. If Fred pays off that is a spot that was a need & now we wont have to worry about for tens years. I think posters seem to underestimate what a Center does on the line. Our interior lineman sucked. I loved our 1st pick. Our 2nd pick........ not so much.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am very happy we finally got a Center. If Fred pays off that is a spot that was a need & now we wont have to worry about for tens years. I think posters seem to underestimate what a Center does on the line. Our interior lineman sucked. I loved our 1st pick. Our 2nd pick........ not so much.

and that I agree 100% with you on

Eriko212121

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are right about the Center position. I'm thinking we could have had Fredrick in the 2nd easily, but if they didn't want to take the chance, no problem. Time will tell on Escobar, but there were so many guys on the board that I thought could really help this team(Swearinger, Warford, D Jones, B Jones) that picking Escobar when you are already solid at TE was hard to figure

WFRYE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are right about the Center position. I'm thinking we could have had Fredrick in the 2nd easily, but if they didn't want to take the chance, no problem. Time will tell on Escobar, but there were so many guys on the board that I thought could really help this team(Swearinger, Warford, D Jones, B Jones) that picking Escobar when you are already solid at TE was hard to figure

Not for me. It was move to help Romo shine and justify giving Romo almost $60M GUARANTEED with only one playoff victory his entire career? It wasn't a get better team move, but a Jerry "I am a qualified NFL GM" move obviously. There DL will become depleted because it is woefully undersized, aging, and injury prone. Guess Romo will have to try and outscore opponents again, or it will be just another long season.

I am very disappointed in Jason Garrett. Thought he was smarter then this to allow Jerry the ringmaster to ever determine his fate. Guess I was wrong.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not for me. It was move to help Romo shine and justify giving Romo almost $60M GUARANTEED with only one playoff victory his entire career? It wasn't a get better team move, but a Jerry "I am a qualified NFL GM" move obviously. There DL will become depleted because it is woefully undersized, aging, and injury prone. Guess Romo will have to try and outscore opponents again, or it will be just another long season.

I am very disappointed in Jason Garrett. Thought he was smarter then this to allow Jerry the ringmaster to ever determine his fate. Guess I was wrong.

The only reason Garrett still has a job is because he can be the puppet, yes man Jerry is looking for in a HC. No room for another alpha male ego in the Cowboys organization (See the way Jimmie and Parcells left the organization). Give it another 2 or 3 years of mediocrity before Jerry gets a real coach who cleans the team up, drafts well and sets us up for success before being run out of town.

WFRYE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have bet anyone here that Frederick would have still been there even in the early 3rd round. Jerry reached again because of his ego and a perceived need (after just applauding Costa previously), not any football sense. Anyone who understands the game and is not just another team cheerleader saw the Frederick pick in the 1st round as a reach....plain and simple. They were hurting in the middle when Costa went down and had to bring in a castoff Center (Cook) only days before the season started last year. If Costa stays healthy this season and Frederick struggles with the NFL game early as a rookie, it was just another dumb pick.

Last edited by a moderator:

WFRYE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love how everyone here is already building a bust for Frederick to place in the HOF before he has even played a single snap in the NFL?? Is it because of his proven abilities in this league already, or just another perciecved team need fogging up those fanboy binoculars again?

WFRYE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason Garrett still has a job is because he can be the puppet, yes man Jerry is looking for in a HC. No room for another alpha male ego in the Cowboys organization (See the way Jimmie and Parcells left the organization). Give it another 2 or 3 years of mediocrity before Jerry gets a real coach who cleans the team up, drafts well and sets us up for success before being run out of town.

I agree with parts of this. I don't see Garrett as just another bozo puppet coach just happy to have a job, i.e. Wade Phillips. Jason Garrett is a smart man and can see the bottom line. You have to understand that Jerry will ALWAYS have the final say in things, epecially when you are dealing with his money and team. Jimmy and Bill departed when they saw that writing on the wall eventually. Jason Garrett is a good coach and a smart leader. I just don't see any coach immediately coming in and having success under Jerry. It may sound good to hear, but it won't happen as long as Jerry is the GM. Jerry will never step aside like he did with Jimmy and Bill ever again....his long history of failures and ego will never allow that to ever happen again with his ass and reputation on the line. There is no magical coach out there that Jerry will just give total control to when you're dealing with an egomaniac.

It's just a dream.

Eriko212121

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Garrett will bow up and go out on his sword this year. Jerry pulled the rug out from under Garrett when he trashed him in front of the entire team after the Lions game a couple of years back. I'm betting Garrett stands up to him this year, knowing no owner in the NFL could blame him

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love how everyone here is already building a bust for Frederick to place in the HOF before he has even played a single snap in the NFL?? Is it because of his proven abilities in this league already, or just another perciecved team need fogging up those fanboy binoculars again?

????????????????????????????????????????????? Really?????????????????? Other than FWD go find ONE person putting Frederick in the HOF. You are no different that a troll with STUPID shock value opinions. Enjoy you time here now because if Dallas starts winning games you will exile yourself.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
????????????????????????????????????????????? Really?????????????????? Other than FWD go find ONE person putting Frederick in the HOF. You are no different that a troll with STUPID shock value opinions. Enjoy you time here now because if Dallas starts winning games you will exile yourself.

hey manster check your facebook

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A sport as team-oriented as the NFL, it takes more than just one player. The defense is a huge question mark with an already seemingly depleted defensive line, two LBs who have a tendency to get injured, and the safety position is beyond a question mark. So just for that reason and the purpose of answering the OP's question, I say the fat boy from Wisconsin. Yeah, it's probably too much to ask of a first-year player that many believe the Cowboys reached for , but I think he has to have a big season because this offensive line has to have a big season.

Not just for the sake of Romo, but for the sake of the efficacy of this offense, no depth behind DeMarco Murray (meaning if Murray gets hurt we need the offensive line to open up holes for <insert player here>), and efficiency in the redzone. Racking up a bunch of yards don't mean much if you aren't crossing the goal line. I see defense possibly being a problem this year and the offense needs to carry the load again this year just like last year and (and we know how last year turned out). In order for this team to take the next step, the offensive line HAS to be above NFL average and TFred has to have a big season in order for that to happen.

Last edited by a moderator:

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well IMHO

It starts with coach Garrett and trickles down from there the major coaching changes this off season and the rearranging of the coaching responsibilities and duties have to be taken into consideration before you can really look at the picture for this season.

The issue is in middle of the trenches in the OL and DL That is the weakness and how well that is taken care of will determine the season.

Cant wait for the season to start.

Can we stop the run. Can we run the ball. Pretty basic but that's where the season lies IMHO