• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Outside of Romo

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the obvious answer being Romo, what one player absolutely cannot have a down year if we expect to contend? In other words, if we have any real chance of competing this player has to be at the height of their game.

I'm going with Doug Free. The left side of the line should be fine, I think Tyron Smith takes his game to the next level this year. Rookie at center should be interesting. It's crucial that Free secures the right side of the line. If he can become a consistent, reliable player it opens up a ton for the offense. Improved run game, few plays where TEs and RBs are forced to become blockers.

Thoughts?

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd have to say if Ware has a sub year we are in trouble. While I think he and Spencer will be fine as 4-3 ends I am concerned about having two smallish DE's on one line.

As for Free, yes he was a turnstile but the biggest problems for Romo was pressure up the middle. Romo is able to move and escape the outside rush it's the DT's that gave him the most pressure. Therefore I'd be more concerned with whoever is playing G.

Eriko212121

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say Fredrick. Even though he's a rookie, the cowboys expect him to start day one. If he flops, we're really in a bind

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say Demarco Murray playing all 16 games would be very important to Dallas's success this year

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I Say Carter...
I'd say Lee.... But Carter could fill in there though ... ehhh never mind equal

Lee goes down Carter plays the middle... Carter goes down Lee still plays the middle ....

depth at weakside Lber is a major issue

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I Say Carter...
I'd say Lee.... But Carter could fill in there though ... ehhh never mind equal

Lee goes down Carter plays the middle... Carter goes down Lee still plays the middle ....

depth at weakside Lber is a major issue

I agree but would like to add Claiborne. If they guy can be the lock down corner we all think he could be, that what solve a lot of problems on defense.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry guys, I just believe the mediocrity of our OLine can always be replaced by someone else. RBs not named Adrian Peterson and few others cant be replaced. Our top 2 CBs are vital and DEZ. Miles , in the past, I would have said could fill the void if Dez had to miss time. Dez Bryant is on the verge of being All Pro. IMO, he cant be replaced

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow I totally misread the thread. Down year is different than injury. I think Free is a good choice as well as Claiborne. I hate to say it but as close as this team plays games, if Bailey gets the shanks we could be in trouble as well

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow I totally misread the thread. Down year is different than injury. I think Free is a good choice as well as Claiborne. I hate to say it but as close as this team plays games, if Bailey gets the shanks we could be in trouble as well

LOL good to see you here ... but couldnt you have changed your name to Romo to dez.. or witten or austin?

HAHHAHAA we would have known who you were

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dez. After Romo, Dez is the key. If he doesn't show up, it doesn't open up any of our offense. Gotta have a stud WR.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dez. After Romo, Dez is the key. If he doesn't show up, it doesn't open up any of our offense. Gotta have a stud WR.

well we kinda have one without Dez though... If you figure in Austin ... go past that we have Witten

this team win when it can run .... numbers mean shit

for all the shit talked about Barber ... when was the last time we had a man on the ground get 10 rushing Tds?
That fantasy football and madden crap kinda ruin talks .... but really when we put up SOLID but not fantacy numbers... we win
we throw up fantasy numbers ... we are 8-8

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well we kinda have one without Dez though... If you figure in Austin ... go past that we have Witten

for all the shit talked about Barber ... when was the last time we had a man on the ground get 10 rushing Tds?
That fantasy football and madden crap kinda ruin talks .... but really when we put up SOLID but not fantacy numbers... we win

I agree. It all starts with Dez though. If he is getting double covered like a stud should, that opens it up for Miles or under for Witten or occupies the FS for the RB's.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

having a short yardage guy & a running game are two different things. we could have more rushing TDs if the play calling were different in the red zone. I for one am glad Barber is gone. He had a good what 2 yr period. He left when he should have left. If we kept barber longer he would be just another of a long list of guys we keep to long.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
having a short yardage guy & a running game are two different things. we could have more rushing TDs if the play calling were different in the red zone. I for one am glad Barber is gone. He had a good what 2 yr period. He left when he should have left. If we kept barber longer he would be just another of a long list of guys we keep to long.

Imma just disagree on that .... I saw two things happen that never should have

Barber changed who he was... and did it because of media and fans. He slimmed down and starting avoiding hits. And he fucking sucked
Same time Felix wanted to be THE MAN... bulked up ... lost his burst .... and was never shit after his rookie year.
If Barber would have stayed the /barbarian ... we might still preach his name
If Felix would have stayed light... a change of pace speed guy..... we might be in awe

instead they both switched ... and both killed their career.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imma just disagree on that .... I saw two things happen that never should have

Barber changed who he was... and did it because of media and fans. He slimmed down and starting avoiding hits. And he fucking sucked
Same time Felix wanted to be THE MAN... bulked up ... lost his burst .... and was never shit after his rookie year.
If Barber would have stayed the /barbarian ... we might still preach his name
If Felix would have stayed light... a change of pace speed guy..... we might be in awe

instead they both switched ... and both killed their career.
that could be true with Barber, but after the change he wasn't ever gonna be that guy again & I still say we got rid of him when we should have. Felix.... He was never gonna be "the guy". He might have had a couple more of those flashes, but that was who he was gonna be at best IMO

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that could be true with Barber, but after the change he wasn't ever gonna be that guy again & I still say we got rid of him when we should have. Felix.... He was never gonna be "the guy". He might have had a couple more of those flashes, but that was who he was gonna be at best IMO

agree 100% Barber got his contract ... and all he heard was he wouldn't last with his style... Big contract bit him in the ass. He stopped being who he was and tried to be something he wasnt.

I hated Felix the say of the draft.... Him and McFadden both .. That draft I wanted Kenny Philips and Ray Rice
and as a fan we got FUCKED we got Jenkins and Jones ... neither on the team now.

we did however have one idiot that wanted to trade 3 total drafts to move up and get McFadden..... and we all still laugh at him ... we did before that .. but since ... we really really laugh at him

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree 100% Barber got his contract ... and all he heard was he wouldn't last with his style... Big contract bit him in the ass. He stopped being who he was and tried to be something he wasnt.

I hated Felix the say of the draft.... Him and McFadden both .. That draft I wanted Kenny Philips and Ray Rice
and as a fan we got FUCKED we got Jenkins and Jones ... neither on the team now.

we did however have one idiot that wanted to trade 3 total drafts to move up and get McFadden..... and we all still laugh at him ... we did before that .. but since ... we really really laugh at him
at the time I was wanting Mendenhall & he was there for our pick, but he didn't end up being what I hoped either so what do I know.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at the time I was wanting Mendenhall & he was there for our pick, but he didn't end up being what I hoped either so what do I know.

Phillips hasnt stayed healthy either ... it's a guessing game ..

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont thing either of us would have traded away several drafts to get either of them though ... difference in a bad guess........ and being a bad moron

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont thing either of us would have traded away several drafts to get either of them though ... difference in a bad guess........ and being a bad moron
LOL I didn't want McFadden at all even if we were drafting up in the top 5 without giving up picks. I didn't want jones at all either. I rarely want to move up in the draft although I was wanting us to move up the year before to pick P. Willis. Instead we traded out of the 1st round which was fine by me but to only give up picks to move back into the 1st for Spencer. Still would have rather had Willis. (not saying we would have had a dance partner for the move but it was what I wanted) Usually though I don't like moving up. Especially then. you usually had to give up to much to make the moves.