• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Outfield

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trumbo, Pollock and Parra figure to be our starters then it gets interesting with Ross on the DL. Who will be our 4th OF (not counting Prado when he shifts over) Tony Campana or Matt Tuiasosopo?

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am beginning to think Ross will be ready to go to start the season. There is no timetable on his return at the moment, but he has been hitting live pitches & was scheduled to start live fielding in the OF this week. I listened to an interview with Ross on am 920 from Thursday or Friday where he sounded optimistic that he might be ready to go in Australia. But he said he didn't want to rush it.

Tuiasosopo is insurance. You can almost consider him a super utility guy because he plays LF/1B/3B & conceivably can play RF. I assume he was signed off waivers because of the uncertainty of Cody Ross' injury at the time. I don't think he has options left. So if he doesn't make the 25 man roster, he will have to pass through waivers & accept his assignment to Reno

Campana with his speed gives Gibby many options. I believe he has option(s) left.

You are forgetting one guy that could possibly be in this equation, Ender Inciarte. He is a 23 year old speedster. Realistically, unless he impresses during ST, he will start in the season in Reno.

The likely 5 bench players on the opening day roster:

Tuffy/Mr. White
Chavez
Pennington
Ross(insert injury replacement OF)
Open.

The last bench spot right now is up for grabs. KT has stated the loser of the SS battle will be sent to Reno to start the season. So that leaves the likely candidates for that 5th bench spot are Tuiasosopo, Campana, & Inciarte. although I love what Campana brings to the this team, I am leaning towards Tuiasosopo getting the 5th bench spot to start the season because he has no options left & would have to be released/waived.

It will be an interesting battle this spring.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want Parra to get that Gold Glove in CF so he can have one at each OF position, but we need his arm in right.