• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OU vs the SEC

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they go to a format of "Conference Champions" we'd be better off with Kansas and Iowa St however.

Moving-animated-picture-of-chicken-dancing.gif

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to add Oklahoma to the SEC. They're my favorite team in the Big 12.

I guess we'd also take OU's little brother since apparently they're a package deal.

Funniest part would be seeing TU twist up over it

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We wouldn't need to waste time on threads like these if SEC schools stopped playing all those FCS, last place Sun Belt and MAC teams, and gasp, actually scheduled some real games against real teams with solid programs. Then we'd have numbers that meant something, not games played 30 years ago.

I think football would be a better sport if we limited guarantee games to one per year per team. This way LSU could play some poor Louisiana cousin, or Bama could throw a bone to an ex-coach, but not three or four of these srimmage games for Christsakes. Yeah, the other power conferences do the same things, but as a whole, the SEC has more games against FCS teams, more home games, and more games against really bad teams that no one gives a chance. OU does take on the BYUs, NDs, and other top teams, heck, they sometimes lose, which hurts them. SEC schools, since they don't take on such games very often, don't lose as much. I think that it is deliberately gaming the system and that it hurts the sport nationwide.

I don't even have a problem with replacing the FCS schools for FBS schools, as long as the games are home and homes or 2-1 deals.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We wouldn't need to waste time on threads like these if SEC schools stopped playing all those FCS, last place Sun Belt and MAC teams, and gasp, actually scheduled some real games against real teams with solid programs. Then we'd have numbers that meant something, not games played 30 years ago.

I think football would be a better sport if we limited guarantee games to one per year per team. This way LSU could play some poor Louisiana cousin, or Bama could throw a bone to an ex-coach, but not three or four of these srimmage games for Christsakes. Yeah, the other power conferences do the same things, but as a whole, the SEC has more games against FCS teams, more home games, and more games against really bad teams that no one gives a chance. OU does take on the BYUs, NDs, and other top teams, heck, they sometimes lose, which hurts them. SEC schools, since they don't take on such games very often, don't lose as much. I think that it is deliberately gaming the system and that it hurts the sport nationwide.

I don't even have a problem with replacing the FCS schools for FBS schools, as long as the games are home and homes or 2-1 deals.

GET YOUR POPCORN READY!!!!! :yahoo:

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

GET YOUR POPCORN READY!!!!! :yahoo:

3848243935_6b72e08f08.jpg

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

After the 1992 Barcelona Summer Olympics, researchers from Cornell University studied the facial expressions of all the athletes who won gold, silver, and bronze medals. They analyzed footage of ceremonies and television interviews and found that gold medalists seemed the happiest.

What a shock, right?

But they also noticed something surprising: The bronze medalists seemed much happier than the silver medalists.

How could athletes who finished third be happier than athletes who finished second? The answer lies in understanding what psychologists call counterfactual thinking, or what the rest of us call, "Wait; if only..."

In simple terms (handily enough the only terms I understand), counterfactual thinking occurs when we imagine how things might have turned out. When something happens -- especially something significant -- we think about alternatives to our current reality in order to place that event in context.

Counterfactual thinking sometimes makes us feel good about where we are in comparison to where we could be. And sometimes it makes us feel worse. Either way, we do a lot of comparing: Between where we are and where we could have been... both positively and negatively.

So take the silver medalists: They used an upper counterfactual, meaning they judged themselves in comparison to the gold medalists. As a result their, "Wait... but what if?" questions fell along the lines of, "Wait; if only I had just trained harder... then I might have won a gold medal," or, "Wait; if only I had just gotten a little better start... then I could have finished first."

Silver medalists tended to dwell on what they could have done differently to win the gold.

Contrast that with the bronze medalists. They used a downward counterfactual, meaning they judged themselves in comparison to all of the people who didn't win any medal. By comparing themselves to what could have been -- no medal at all -- the bronze medalists felt thrilled just to be standing on the podium.

And that made them seem happier than the silver medalists. I whistled for a cab and when it came near The license plate said fresh and it had dice in the mirror If anything I could say that this cab was rare But I thought, Nah, forget it. Yo home to Bel-Air! I pulled up to the house about 7 or 8 And I yelled to the cabby yo holmes smell ya later. Looked at my kingdom I was finally there, to sit on my throne as the prince of Bel-Air.

Gator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not to worry, Smiles. The SEC agrees with you about scheduling "last place Sun Belt and MWC teams". Ole Miss WILL BE punished for "crappy" scheduling in their kick-off game of 2014. Many FCS schools would have put up more of a struggle than Ole Miss' actual opponent in that game.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the 1992 Barcelona Summer Olympics, researchers from Cornell University studied the facial expressions of all the athletes who won gold, silver, and bronze medals. They analyzed footage of ceremonies and television interviews and found that gold medalists seemed the happiest.

What a shock, right?

But they also noticed something surprising: The bronze medalists seemed much happier than the silver medalists.

How could athletes who finished third be happier than athletes who finished second? The answer lies in understanding what psychologists call counterfactual thinking, or what the rest of us call, "Wait; if only..."

In simple terms (handily enough the only terms I understand), counterfactual thinking occurs when we imagine how things might have turned out. When something happens -- especially something significant -- we think about alternatives to our current reality in order to place that event in context.

Counterfactual thinking sometimes makes us feel good about where we are in comparison to where we could be. And sometimes it makes us feel worse. Either way, we do a lot of comparing: Between where we are and where we could have been... both positively and negatively.

So take the silver medalists: They used an upper counterfactual, meaning they judged themselves in comparison to the gold medalists. As a result their, "Wait... but what if?" questions fell along the lines of, "Wait; if only I had just trained harder... then I might have won a gold medal," or, "Wait; if only I had just gotten a little better start... then I could have finished first."

Silver medalists tended to dwell on what they could have done differently to win the gold.

Contrast that with the bronze medalists. They used a downward counterfactual, meaning they judged themselves in comparison to all of the people who didn't win any medal. By comparing themselves to what could have been -- no medal at all -- the bronze medalists felt thrilled just to be standing on the podium.

And that made them seem happier than the silver medalists. I whistled for a cab and when it came near The license plate said fresh and it had dice in the mirror If anything I could say that this cab was rare But I thought, Nah, forget it. Yo home to Bel-Air! I pulled up to the house about 7 or 8 And I yelled to the cabby yo holmes smell ya later. Looked at my kingdom I was finally there, to sit on my throne as the prince of Bel-Air.

I was tracking with you up until the bolded part.

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dancing-lsu-fan-o.gif

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks, SEC friends, between all of your posts, you displayed at least half a wit, which isn't bad.:drool: