• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Other Team's Cuts

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While we've got a better roster this year than in years past, there's still some spots that could be upgraded via other team's cuts.

Any name you guys have seen so far that pique any interest?

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Donald Thomas is a starting-caliber guard, but I think we're pretty well set there.

Fred Jackson will help someone at RB, but we've got too much youth at the position, imo, to sacrifice a spot for a 35 year old RB.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bengals cut DE/OLB Sam Montgomery. He was a decent prospect and a fairly high draft pick just a couple drafts ago, if I recall.

Not sure what his practice squad eligibility is, but he might be worth a work-out to see where he's at, imo.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Falcons cut journeyman OLB Terrell Manning. He's an interesting case of a guy with great potential, but has yeat to stick with any team. I think we're pretty deep at LB, but he's another guy I'd like to see an updated workout on in case of injuries this season. Pretty sure he wouldn't have practice squad eligibility left.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zac Dysert was cut by the Broncos. He's a QB who I'd swap out with Moore without a second thought. Big QB, big arm, played in the MAC... what's not to like? lol

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather try to keep Gilbert stashed on the PS, if he clears waivers, vs bringing in another qb.

kid started out at Texas under Mack Brown reign before transferring to June Jones' SMU Mustang. Needs to be coached up, a lot, but would rather have him under Lombardi and Jim Bob than to try to keep Kellen Moore. Gilbert does have the physical traits. imo only

Garrett Gilbert

Last edited:

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I must have missed that the Bears cut Tiny Tim Jennings.

He's been a good slot CB for a long time and was an absolute monster for their defense in 2012.

We don't really have a need at his position (we need more outside help vs slot help, imo) but I'd still be happy adding him just for the veteran depth. He's a guy you can plug in at the nickle and not have to worry about him blowing his assignment...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Vikings released CB DeMarcus Van Dyke- I'm not sure if he's got any practice squad eligibility left in him, but he'd be worth a look if he does. He's got 6'1" height and length and ran in the 4.28 range at his pro day. He played a lot early on as a 3rd round pick of the Raiders, so I'd think he's not p-squad eligible any more...

Another bigger-bodied developmental CB worth looking at if he's practice squad eligible is Curtis Brown, cut by the Jets yesterday. He was drafted by the Steelers out of Texas with some hope that he'd develop into a solid #2 CB, but it never materialized for him.

I know I'm probably just turning over stones here, but I'd like to see our practice squad stocked with some tall, "outside" CBs to give us some injury protection at one of the thinner areas of the team.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The mighty mighty Miami Dolphins have cut young safety Phillip Thomas. I was sure he was going to turn into a great free safety coming out of Fresno State a couple years ago, but that never materialized.

If he's practice squadable I'd definitely take him.

The Chiefs released CB Aaron Hester. I'm pretty sure he is practice squad eligible, and he was with us a couple of seasons ago in camp and drew some good reviews.

He's got good size/speed numbers and would make a good developmental prospect, imo.

Last edited:

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather try to keep Gilbert stashed on the PS, if he clears waivers, vs bringing in another qb.

kid started out at Texas under Mack Brown reign before transferring to June Jones' SMU Mustang. Needs to be coached up, a lot, but would rather have him under Lombardi and Jim Bob than to try to keep Kellen Moore. Gilbert does have the physical traits. imo only

Garrett Gilbert
I like Gilbert. Given our roster situation I'd rather not roll with a 3rd CB and keep a 5th RB (Winn), 5th DT (Cudjo), 4th OG (Boggs), 4th TE (Fauria), or 6th DE (Hunt/Wootton/Webster) with that roster spot.

But if we're dead-set on keeping 3 QBs I'd rather have Dysert than Moore, and still have Gilbert on the practice squad.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dolphins also cut CB Sammy Seamster today- yet another tall, fast, young CB that would be a good p-squad add. I'd take him over any of the other guys I'd mentioned so far. Great toolbox to work with, imo.

If it were up to me we'd have at least 3, maybe 4 practice squad spots dedicated to developmental CBs that are 6'0" +

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 49ers cut Olympian Lawrence Okoye- he's a guy with insane tools but no football experience, save the last two seasons with San Francisco's practice squad.

He should have one year of practice squad eligibility left, and he should also get a foreign player practice squad spot exemption thingy.

I'd try hard to sell him on a change of scenery for his last season of the p-squad and see if he can fit into our d-line next summer...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots released former 2nd round WR Josh Boyce.

He's built a lot like Golden Tate, although he's been a flop so far at the NFL level.

Another high ceiling option for the practice squad, might be worth a look in the return game, too...

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys find anything good in there???

Landfill.jpg

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not sure why he got released, but he has workhorse potential i'd love to see us kick the tires on him

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He would be an upgrade over our current backups

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Green Bay re-signed WR James Jones, and are expected to release one of the 5 WR they kept through cuts to make room on the roster for him. If it's Jeff Janis we better jump all over that one. He can have Lance Moore's spot, imo.