• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Other Games

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether it's my imagination, or reality, Palmer's Raiders just lost a home game to the Tebow Broncos. Palmer contributed his part with 3 turnovers. For all of these good things you mention about Palmer through the last 2 seasons, very little has come out on the scoreboard.

I watched the Bills/Raiders game early this season. Jason Campbell was certainly nothing special. And frankly, the Raiders showed some bad warning signs - They were beaten badly late because of mistakes. But if it's these other issues that are keeping them from winning, I would suggest NOT spending draft picks for a quarterback that isn't going to help with the big problems.

don't forget, anyone who didn't watch every play that Carson Palmer made doesn't know what he's talking about. How convenient that the Bengals were playing AT THE SAME TIME!!!

I guess I could have brought one game on the lap top while the Bengals were playing, but I was bouncing back and forth between helping watch the kids and watching the game.

I looked at the raiders board (espn), apparently DHB actually prevented a 4th interception, according to a Raider fan, who obviously did watch every play. ha ha ha ha ha, lolololol....

Still, no doubt that Palmer will improve before finally imploding (again)

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Whether it's my imagination, or reality, Palmer's Raiders just lost a home game to the Tebow Broncos. Palmer contributed his part with 3 turnovers. For all of these good things you mention about Palmer through the last 2 seasons, very little has come out on the scoreboard.

I watched the Bills/Raiders game early this season. Jason Campbell was certainly nothing special. And frankly, the Raiders showed some bad warning signs - They were beaten badly late because of mistakes. But if it's these other issues that are keeping them from winning, I would suggest NOT spending draft picks for a quarterback that isn't going to help with the big problems.

I won't argue against any of that. But that's not the argument you were making in your initial post that I responded to.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Campbell had McFadden. Not making excuses for palmer...he is what he is...but that offense was much more potent when they had one of the best RB's in the NFL not injured.

The thing is, and I told my buddy who is a Raider fan this, Palmer is not a game manager. He simply lacks that instinct to do what is needed to move the chains on a consistent basis. Sure, he'll be good for some big throws, and he'll put up some good numbers....but when it comes to simply managing the game, his arm is simply not what it once was, and his penchant for locking onto WR's on those routes is what does him in. It's no wonder he has so many long return and pick-6's against him. It's not the deep ball he struggles with, its the short throws and the quick outs that he can't/hasn't mastered in order to be an effective game manager.

Not to mention, his lack of leadership skills.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
don't forget, anyone who didn't watch every play that Carson Palmer made doesn't know what he's talking about.

Does that really require a sarcastic remark? How can anyone who didn't watch a game be an expert on how that game played out?

Btw, you mentioned the Raiders board, but you also forgot to mention how many believe he was one of the only bright spots of the game.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does that really require a sarcastic remark? How can anyone who didn't watch a game be an expert on how that game played out?

Btw, you mentioned the Raiders board, but you also forgot to mention how many believe he was one of the only bright spots of the game.

Wow, when your QB is the bright spot of the game, and your wide receivers have to defend against him throwing EVEN MORE INTERCEPTIONS. Things are pretty dark. maybe I'll watch the rewind, but still, I don't think my opinions will change.

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I didnt watch the game but I did check out the box score and saw some highlights. Thing that jumped out to me was the last Raiders scoring drive occured in the 3rd with the throw to Ford (which was a pretty pass). At that point Oak had the lead. After that, shut out. So Carson had ample opportunties in the 3rd and 4th to lead his team and wasnt able to. Also saw the highlight of one of his picks to Moore which looked like a typical Carson pick (throw was high and wide, Moore tried to make a play, batted up in the air...pick). I hope SD hangs another L on them this thursday. This trade just keeps looking better and better...

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Wow, when your QB is the bright spot of the game, and your wide receivers have to defend against him throwing EVEN MORE INTERCEPTIONS. Things are pretty dark. maybe I'll watch the rewind, but still, I don't think my opinions will change.

This never happened. There was one play where DHB tripped making his cut, so he wasn't where he was supposed to be. He broke up that interception. Another drive where TJ tripped before making his cut, but I don't believe that was close to a defender.

To suggest his wide receivers had to defend against more interceptions is an overreaction to say the least to a random comment you read on ESPN of all boards of a game you didn't see.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok, lol. maybe I'll watch it later, ha ha.

My guess is, yes, yes it did happen, otherwise no one would have seen it. your so biased I can't take your word for anything.

I could care less if Palmer plays for the Raiders or not, he's just another QB now.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You're delusional if you don't think you or any other Bengal fan isn't just as biased on the other end of the spectrum. I like the guy, you don't (no matter how many times you say he's "just another QB").