• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: World Cup Begins

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ghana pulls striker gyan off ... sends lazy chairs out for all other players to sit in

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Singer_freaks_face.gif

omg-wtf-cat-rubiks-cube.jpg

naslundfan19

Boredom Savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serbia scores. That should do it for the Socceroos at this World Cup.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if serbia ties it ... they get second

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I found that 2 goals were scored within 30 seconds, but that was 1 each for both teams. The 2nd goal was actually pretty funny as it was scored from about midfield while the goalie was walking back to the net.

Dupster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Im saying they can compete in concacaf and make it to world cups if the
government make changes at the CSA and either funds the national team or subsidizes a national league even at a lesser level. Canadian players are choosing to play for other countries because of the csa. Danny Fernandes can play at the youth soccer association i played at in vancouver and go on to be the 3rd string national goalie for portugal at this world cup. Dont give me this bullshit about "our best athletes dont play soccer" or "we are not a soccer nation"

CSA coaches told Danny Fernandes he didnt catch the ball right ... what the fuck is that?

did i mention in this thread a scenario where i thought a fully funded canadian soccer team would be to soccer what the Aussies are to aussie rules football ... you are the one making that insanely stupid reach

who said anything about being able to beat the Germanys or the italys or brazils ... all they have to do is beat USA and Mexico which is very doable if all the canadian born players actually end up playing for our squad. Its something you seem to think is not possible

In one breath you think we should be able to beat Honduras, Guatemala Jamaica and in the next you backtrack and are resigned to say well these are soccer nations that cant be beat ... ridiculous

btw ... maybe you should look up Italys squad and see where they all play their club soccer

Canadian players would get better training and better coaching in Europe than Canada. So why is that a bad thing?

And I never said Canada "should" be able to beat Honduras, Guatemala, Jamaica, etc. I just bemoaned the fact that they CAN'T

If Canada pours BILLIONS into soccer.... we still probably won't be able to beat Mexico if Mexico brings it's A game. Just like if Mexico poured BILLIONS into hockey they wouldn't make an Olympic tourney anytime soon. If ever.

Again, for those that can't comprehend the situation, the reason why Canada doesn't compete in soccer is because Canadian athletes would rather play other sports. Pro soccer is for those that can't make it in the NHL, CFL, MLB, NBA, golfing, skiing, speed skating, figure skating, etc etc etc.

If you can't understand that.......

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bahahahah, aussie fan double flick off when offsides was called.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
tomorrow is a fun one too....
- Japan vs Denmark to see who moves on in Group E. Dutch clinched already.
- Italy (v Paraguay) and New Z (v Slovakia) in a dead heat to move on. Both or neither could advance.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Canada pours BILLIONS into soccer.... we still probably won't be able to beat Mexico if Mexico brings it's A game. Just like if Mexico poured BILLIONS into hockey they wouldn't make an Olympic tourney anytime soon. If ever.

another amazing reach comparing Canada v Mexico in soccer versus Canada v Mexico in hockey

canada can compete right now with mexico in soccer even with the near zero funding and association mismangement that has led to good players moving to other national teams. They wouldnt need billions ... theyd need the funding to arrange more frequent friendlies against world cup calibre competition ... they cant even afford to schedule more than 6 games in 2010. How bout hiring a technical director that can spot talent as opposed to one that can balance a budget

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tomorrow is a fun one too....
- Japan vs Denmark to see who moves on in Group E. Dutch clinched already.
- Italy (v Paraguay) and New Z (v Slovakia) in a dead heat to move on. Both or neither could advance.

Italy v Slovaks tomorrow - if Pirlo doesnt come in i see another draw

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Italy v Slovaks tomorrow - if Pirlo doesnt come in i see another draw

oops. thanks for correction.
Group F still wide open - except Slovakia... they'd need to win and overcome a 4 goal diff. to catch Paraguay

Last edited by a moderator:

Dupster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
another amazing reach comparing Canada v Mexico in soccer versus Canada v Mexico in hockey

canada can compete right now with mexico in soccer even with the near zero funding and association mismangement that has led to good players moving to other national teams. They wouldnt need billions ... theyd need the funding to arrange more frequent friendlies against world cup calibre competition ... they cant even afford to schedule more than 6 games in 2010. How bout hiring a technical director that can spot talent as opposed to one that can balance a budget

"Compete?" In soccer? Sure, they can dummy down the game, play England longball, and eke out a draw here or there while only having the ball for 15% of the game. Or, lose 1-0, not be in the game at all, but because of the score YOU would think they are.

And Mexico has a higher world ranking in hockey compared to Canada in soccer.

http://www.iihf.com/home-of-hockey/championships/world-ranking/mens-world-ranking/2010-ranking.html

http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/ranking/lastranking/gender=m/fullranking.html

If Canada could compete right now, or any time since 1986, they wouldn't be getting blown out in Jamaica and Honduras.

Last edited by a moderator: