• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: was christianity the invention of a Troll?

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I am pointing out that the worship complex would seem to indicate it in the God side, which I find hard to believe.

I also think critical thinking and healthy skepticism are tools provided to us by God.

36ekam.jpg

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To attempt to understand and describe God is futile. Yet, we can’t resist. To me God created the entire Universe and placed laws upon that Universe. I believe one of God’s Laws is Newton Third Law of Motion “for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction”. If this is true and God created the Universe through the Big Bang, then everything that has happened and everything that will happen, happens as a result of the Big Bang. Hence, no free will (my beliefs in its most simple form).

All this aside, most religions are good because they provide sound moral ground and provide hope. I believe that we must all believe that we have free will because that makes life better.

I understand what I say is a contradiction of itself. Which proves my theory: I am kind of dumb.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God screwed us up. Everyone thinks he is all these different things. He should just make an announcement from the sky.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If God is all knowing and all powerful, then how do you explain Rosie O'Donnell...

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God spelled backwards is dog...and that is why the dog is man's best friend.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God screwed us up. Everyone thinks he is all these different things. He should just make an announcement from the sky.

"Hello world. This is God/Allah/Zeus/Vishnu/whatever you call me. First of all, we're all the same thing. Secondly, I would have said we're all the same guy, but I'm not a guy, or a girl, or even remotely close to human. I didn't make you in my "image and likeness" you conceited doofuses. If I had done that, you wouldn't screw up so much.

"And man, do you ever screw up a lot. I put you here for a reason, and that reason is not to argue and kill over me. Think about your pathetic, inferior logic. 'God created all of us, so let's go kill that guy for God, because He clearly made a mistake when He made him.' I don't make mistakes! For crying out loud, what do you think omniscient and omnipotent mean?!

"In conclusion, cut it out you knuckleheads!"

-God.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darkstone is God? :shocked:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darkstone is God? :shocked:

I get the impression that being God would make graduate school a lot easier than it has been for me, so I'm going to go ahead and scientifically conclude that I am, in fact, not God. :nerd:

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Hello world. This is God/Allah/Zeus/Vishnu/whatever you call me. First of all, we're all the same thing. Secondly, I would have said we're all the same guy, but I'm not a guy, or a girl, or even remotely close to human. I didn't make you in my "image and likeness" you conceited doofuses. If I had done that, you wouldn't screw up so much.

"And man, do you ever screw up a lot. I put you here for a reason, and that reason is not to argue and kill over me. Think about your pathetic, inferior logic. 'God created all of us, so let's go kill that guy for God, because He clearly made a mistake when He made him.' I don't make mistakes! For crying out loud, what do you think omniscient and omnipotent mean?!

-God.

Don't forget Omnipresent and I pray All Loving. One more thing God. When we played chess, how did you beat me before I made a move? You're tough to figure out.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

-God.

Hi God,

Why was it acceptable for you to cheat on your wife with her sister in law? And how did you feel about losing out on the 03 Conn Smythe? Was that your way of giving to the less fortunate? Is Sean Avery the Devil? And was playing for the Devils part of your ironic sense of humor?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rep for Darkstone forthcoming, but I also present the following for you to review:

Bart: [on radio] "Rod! Todd! This is God!"

Rod: "How did you get on the radio?"

Bart: "Whaddya mean, 'How did I get on the radio?' I created the universe! Stupid kid."

[Rod and Todd quickly fall to their kness and clasp their hands.]

Todd: "Forgive my brother, we believe you!"

Bart: "Talk is cheap. Here is a test of your faith. Walk through the wall; I will remove it for you!"

[Rod makes the attempt and walks into the wall.]

Bart: "Later." [laughs]

Todd: "What do you want from us?"

Bart: "I got a job for you. Bring forth all the cookies from your kitchen and leave them on the Simpsons' porch."

Rod: "But those cookies belong to our parents!"

Bart: [grumbles] "Look, do you want a happy God or a vengeful God?"

Todd: [quickly] "Happy God!"

Bart: "Then quit flapping your lip and make with the cookies!"

Rod and Todd: "Yes, sir!"

abaskin18

Oilman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rep for Darkstone forthcoming, but I also present the following for you to review:

Bart: [on radio] "Rod! Todd! This is God!"

Rod: "How did you get on the radio?"

Bart: "Whaddya mean, 'How did I get on the radio?' I created the universe! Stupid kid."

[Rod and Todd quickly fall to their kness and clasp their hands.]

Todd: "Forgive my brother, we believe you!"

Bart: "Talk is cheap. Here is a test of your faith. Walk through the wall; I will remove it for you!"

[Rod makes the attempt and walks into the wall.]

Bart: "Later." [laughs]

Todd: "What do you want from us?"

Bart: "I got a job for you. Bring forth all the cookies from your kitchen and leave them on the Simpsons' porch."

Rod: "But those cookies belong to our parents!"

Bart: [grumbles] "Look, do you want a happy God or a vengeful God?"

Todd: [quickly] "Happy God!"

Bart: "Then quit flapping your lip and make with the cookies!"

Rod and Todd: "Yes, sir!"

Last edited by a moderator:

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You reminded me of this:

[YOUTUBE]sf-5RaFnh2U[/YOUTUBE]

blindbaby

i want to bang on the drum all day
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all honesty, the earth looks like something that a superior being - assuming that's what it was - created in about 7 days. I think there's better stuff out there that someone actually took their time with.

This earth is probably the equivalent to a grain of sand in the scheme of things. I think this earth is much too insignificant for any prayer to have any sort of value. It would be like microbes praying to humans not to crush them when they walk.

And I'm more apt to think that the creator is not of any sort of human form, but of a form humans couldn't comprehend.

Last edited by a moderator:

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if God was one of us? Just a slob like one of us. Just a stranger on the bus -trying to make his way home....