• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: was christianity the invention of a Troll?

blindbaby

i want to bang on the drum all day
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All evidence points to Troll, but perhaps the teachings of jesus are true?

Discuss...

blindbaby

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
inb4 someone says, "no, but this thread was".

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a less troll-y note, I don't really care why Christianity exists or if God is real or not. I certainly have my own beliefs on the subject, but they are MY beliefs. As long as following the teachings of it makes you a good person, I'm down with pretty much any religion.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Organized religion is a tool to control the masses. I am no Atheist, I am spiritual and carry my own beliefs. But anyone who feels they need to abide by ridiculous rules, aside from natural law, is a fool. And that is all I will say, for now at least, because I am known to really piss people off on this subject.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess that I am a fool in Jeff's eyes. The thing is, I don't care.

I am referring to people who think because of their religion they should not be able to divorce, or get an abortion. Your faith should not have that much control over your life.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And, no, I do not think you're a fool. One of the few on SportsHoopla I don't think to be a fool. :yo:

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God's greatest gift is free will, IMO. I am no sheep. Nor do I believe that God wishes to be nor needs to be outwardly worshipped.

I feel him/her/it in me when I need it and when I do somethig wrong. I am not alone, though.

People often ask me how I can believe in Gid being a high level scientist like I am. I usually wonder how they can't believe in a God if they understand high level science, in response.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God's greatest gift is free will, IMO. I am no sheep. Nor do I believe that God wishes to be nor needs to be outwardly worshipped.

I feel him/her/it in me when I need it and when I do somethig wrong. I am not alone, though.

People often ask me how I can believe in Gid being a high level scientist like I am. I usually wonder how they can't believe in a God if they understand high level science, in response.

Pretty much my scope on it. I just don't like the idea of religion controlling people. And there is nothing I hate more than blind faith. Science and spirituality go hand in hand. I don't see religion and science coexisting within somone unless they loosely follow their dogma.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a less troll-y note, I don't really care why Christianity exists or if God is real or not. I certainly have my own beliefs on the subject, but they are MY beliefs. As long as following the teachings of it makes you a good person, I'm down with pretty much any religion.

pretty much my feeling on the matter.. if someone wants to believe God created humans and they did not evolve, despite all other evidence suggesting otherwise, who am i to fight with them? i dont see why that should bother anyone. if you wanna tell me 2+2=5 i really dont care. i'm gunna disagree and know i'm right, but i'm definitely not gunna get worked up about it

my big thing is, it all had to start somewhere. the big bang? what caused it. what caused what caused the big bang, etc.. i dont see how anyone will ever be able to prove to me that a God doesn't exist, for that reason

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The big thing is everyones vision of what God actually is differs. Some view it as an actual entity. Me personally I perceive God as just what is. Why everything works the way it does. Why I am standing upright. Why I am breathing and my heart pumps blood throughout my body. Is that science? Yes. But what makes science science? It is more a force to me rather than something that left teachings for humans to abide by.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I think the idea of religion was birthed by beings from another planet. Early humans on Earth saw them as some other worldly phenomenon (which they sort of were), and some asshole decided to write fake text and try and describe what was not describable in modern terms at the time.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not going to a padded room. Fuck off.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The big thing is everyones vision of what God actually is differs. Some view it as an actual entity. Me personally I perceive God as just what is. Why everything works the way it does. Why I am standing upright. Why I am breathing and my heart pumps blood throughout my body. Is that science? Yes. But what makes science science? It is more a force to me rather than something that left teachings for humans to abide by.

The what makes it happen is not unlike Albert Einsteins view. He believed strongly that there was a God although he was never really "religious". Said teh more he learned about how teh universe worked the more he believed so many beautiful mathmatical occuaences could not be coincidence.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All evidence points to Troll, but perhaps the teachings of jesus are true?

Discuss...

You can't be a troll if you truly believe what you are saying, so I'd go no on that one.

But if Jesus were "trolling" that would make the Bible a message board with about 40-50 posters. I suppose Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John would be your Hookie winners. Leviticus is always neg repping everyone. And that Psalms guy just never shuts up - he's in EVERY damn thread. Ooops, said damn... and there's a neg from Leviticus.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That all depends on the context, Jeff. Dragged by a man in uniform... no. Dragged by a scantily clad woman... now that's a different story.

Depending on how this scantily clad woman looks, there may be no dragging at all. Full spring with her over my shoulder. :eyebrows:

blindbaby

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never said there's no god; tough to say who created the universe, who created god, and who created nothingness.

But are we really to believe that if there is a creator - who's supposedly of some kind of human image - he'd actually expect anyone to believe any of the obvious, illogical nonsense posited in the bible? Believing that the earth is 6,000 years old and the Noah's Ark story is just wolley-minded thinking at best.

My gut feeling is that apart from a lot of the bible being simply the product of some peoples imagination -- conjured up out of thin air, some of it is done from a true trolling perspective. I think someone had a good laugh at everyone's expense, 2,000 years ago.

We'll never know, I suppose.