• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Video Game Geek Out

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might have played NHL98 more than any other game ever.

@Comeds

I have played quite a few hours and still haven't left the second planet. this game is massive... and hard.

I was able to beat a sith type force user easily but I cannot beat a slow moving Rancor even with more abilities, health, force, and stims. the monster bosses are very difficult.
Overall I thought it was easier than the previous. Still pretty hard though. More than the bosses some force zip line stuff drove me crazy. Jumping from line to line while avoiding things.
I don't think the controls were great. Or maybe I suck at that. :noidea:

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might have played NHL98 more than any other game ever.

Overall I thought it was easier than the previous. Still pretty hard though. More than the bosses some force zip line stuff drove me crazy. Jumping from line to line while avoiding things.
I don't think the controls were great. Or maybe I suck at that. :noidea:
FINALLY killed the Rancor but built up my light sabre throw to be able to throw it at him from the ledge once I led him close enough. not sure if that's a bug or not

also

I finally "beat" Spawn of Oggdo but I cheated lol..... I didn't get XP for it but what I did was I led a super battle droid onto the platform and the regular battle droids into the centre and just as the trap fell I jumped off and onto the side. As the droids softened up Oggdo I then force pulled both Bedlam Smashers off the cliff and then ran around the open pit until I could force pull them and drop them both into the pit. They then finished off Oggdo and I tried to jump down before the final kill to get the XP but couldnt get there in time. I dont feel guilty at all as no matter how strong my character is I could not avoid his toungue snag and died probably 30 times before I tried this. I feel kind not so bad about it lol...... and all that for a freaking beard style haha

have you finished the entire game?

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FINALLY killed the Rancor but built up my light sabre throw to be able to throw it at him from the ledge once I led him close enough. not sure if that's a bug or not

also

I finally "beat" Spawn of Oggdo but I cheated lol..... I didn't get XP for it but what I did was I led a super battle droid onto the platform and the regular battle droids into the centre and just as the trap fell I jumped off and onto the side. As the droids softened up Oggdo I then force pulled both Bedlam Smashers off the cliff and then ran around the open pit until I could force pull them and drop them both into the pit. They then finished off Oggdo and I tried to jump down before the final kill to get the XP but couldnt get there in time. I dont feel guilty at all as no matter how strong my character is I could not avoid his toungue snag and died probably 30 times before I tried this. I feel kind not so bad about it lol...... and all that for a freaking beard style haha

have you finished the entire game?
I did, I finished all of it. Then spent some time cleaning some stuff up, I dont mind some post game stuff if its fun.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did, I finished all of it. Then spent some time cleaning some stuff up, I dont mind some post game stuff if its fun.
so there is a MAJOR glitch in the game that if you progress far enough and are on the last 10% of the game you cant fast travel until you complete it all. I am at that point of the game. so before I wanted to finish the game I wanted to be a completion(ist) player and go back to each world and 100% them and get all the collectibles. I went back to the lucrehulk coreship to finish that and it turns out that without fast travel you CAN NOT leave that area anymore as the way to go in is a one way trip and the first time you fight and kill the first big boss sith on that platform. once you complete that you leave by escape pod. so when you go back we go through the parkor style travel until we are deep inside and now you cant leave.

i was on a reddit forum and I think there are hundreds of players including me that cant leave and complete the game without starting over. so

I am done. until they release a patch for that I wont be starting over.

what a disaster of a glitch.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so there is a MAJOR glitch in the game that if you progress far enough and are on the last 10% of the game you cant fast travel until you complete it all. I am at that point of the game. so before I wanted to finish the game I wanted to be a completion(ist) player and go back to each world and 100% them and get all the collectibles. I went back to the lucrehulk coreship to finish that and it turns out that without fast travel you CAN NOT leave that area anymore as the way to go in is a one way trip and the first time you fight and kill the first big boss sith on that platform. once you complete that you leave by escape pod. so when you go back we go through the parkor style travel until we are deep inside and now you cant leave.

i was on a reddit forum and I think there are hundreds of players including me that cant leave and complete the game without starting over. so

What happens if you die? You spawn at a Meditation Point but cannot fast travel? What about

Just experienced this and got out.
FIrst go to the hanger look out towards the swamp. Go down the ramp and jump towards the ledge that's above the loading gantry meditation point. There is a wall you can catch and then climb down.

Does XBox save games online? Could you revert to a previous save not too far back?

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happens if you die? You spawn at a Meditation Point but cannot fast travel? What about

Just experienced this and got out.
FIrst go to the hanger look out towards the swamp. Go down the ramp and jump towards the ledge that's above the loading gantry meditation point. There is a wall you can catch and then climb down.

Does XBox save games online? Could you revert to a previous save not too far back?
i cant even get back to the gantry meditation point. xbox has last save only no historical saves. Id gladly give up the exp I got to get out but it wont let me go back to the gantry. its a crazy bad bug...

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Think McFly Think

Unaware and Oblivious Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thank you for alerting me to this, I play that game here and there and am nearing the end.

Think McFly Think

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, here’s to hoping Outlaws is worth a damn. :suds:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Microsoft showcase is a bit surreal. You have Doom and Call of Duty which are strong IPs and then you have a lot of 'hey, remember this game from 10-25 years ago? Its back and totally different'

Think McFly Think

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Microsoft showcase is a bit surreal. You have Doom and Call of Duty which are strong IPs and then you have a lot of 'hey, remember this game from 10-25 years ago? Its back and totally different'
I did like the Fable games and I don’t remember Perfect Dark all that well, I remember preferring Goldeneye as far as Rare games at the time

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did like the Fable games and I don’t remember Perfect Dark all that well, I remember preferring Goldeneye as far as Rare games at the time
Goldeneye was the better single player game. Perfect Dark was the better multiplayer game (Goldeneyes multiplayer was a total afterthought and everyone was surprised by how big it got) and probably a top 3 multiplayer game on the N64.

The people who made those games formed their own company and made the Timesplitters games. That type of game died out when Halo 3 hit. Im not really sure who is working on Perfect Dark atm but if they make something like Control then it'll have an audience.

Last edited:

Think McFly Think

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goldeneye was the better single player game. Perfect Dark was the better multiplayer game (Goldeneyes multiplayer was a total afterthought and everyone was surprised by how big it got) and probably a top 3 multiplayer game on the N64.

The people who made those games formed their own company and made the Timesplitters games. That type of game died out when Halo hit. Im not really sure who is working on Perfect Dark atm but if they make something like Control then it'll have an audience.
I liked both Time Splitters, (not sure if they made a third) I have Control in my backlog of games that I’ll get around to eventually, is it good, if you’ve played it?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked both Time Splitters, (not sure if they made a third) I have Control in my backlog of games that I’ll get around to eventually, is it good, if you’ve played it?
The 3rd Timesplitters is called Future Perfect. I like 2 the best.

Control is good. Intrigue and atmosphere and the gameplay is fun.

Think McFly Think

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m waiting to learn more about the Dragon Age game, BioWare with all staff and creative direction changes has been up and down, but I’m hoping they make it good.

DA:O, DA 2 are up there amongst my fave RPGs, Inquisition I liked as well but not as much.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a fan of Doom Eternal? Some people really, really love that game but Id rather have the older style.

Although I do wonder why a dark fantasy Doom wouldnt just be called Quake or Hexen
Yeah eternal was below average and really repetitive I like the classic