• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Video Game Geek Out

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finished Spider-Man 2 tonight. So good. The whole game was great but the second half had some real surprises.

Play a level as Venom, just demolishing and killing everyone. Including biting the head off a main character.
MJ infected by Venom and turning into Scream.
Final battle where you are at times Peter, Miles, and MJ. So cool.
msm2_story_duo_4k_brick-c7b40b136719326105395745050c96b241652e39-s1100-c50.jpg

Also so so cool when you're fighting a side mission and the other Spider-Man (depending on who you are) swings in to help. Or someone else.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finished Spider-Man 2 tonight. So good. The whole game was great but the second half had some real surprises.

Play a level as Venom, just demolishing and killing everyone. Including biting the head off a main character.
MJ infected by Venom and turning into Scream.
Final battle where you are at times Peter, Miles, and MJ. So cool.
msm2_story_duo_4k_brick-c7b40b136719326105395745050c96b241652e39-s1100-c50.jpg

Also so so cool when you're fighting a side mission and the other Spider-Man (depending on who you are) swings in to help. Or someone else.
Started the new Star Wars .. it's good but the animation of the characters faces are very low quality. The environment however is spectacular...

Fighting is great. The force powers are cool (you can use mind control now)

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dead Island 2 while much more updated in graphics and game play has alot of the same style bugs as Dead Island and Dead Island Riptide. It does lack in story length and side quests and while the previous games were also not open world they were much larger in scope. I ignored the reviews of the previous games and I am glad I did because I enjoyed them alot and played them through many times over. I have the same feeling for this one as well . I really enjoy it
The first expansion "Haus" was below average and very short. I hope the next one expands a little larger with human opposition.

the game itself rates 7.5/10 but the expansion a 5.5/10.. still fun but should have been a side quest in the game originally

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Started the new Star Wars .. it's good but the animation of the characters faces are very low quality. The environment however is spectacular...

Fighting is great. The force powers are cool (you can use mind control now)
I started that too. Just landed on the second planet so not too far on. Liking it so far.
I love the mind control. Any game where you can make enemies attack each other always makes me laugh.

Assassin's Creed used to have a poison arrow that would make enemies attack each other. So funny. Guys would just be hanging out, you shoot one, he'd yell and just start fighting.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At Thanksgiving, I bought NHL24 because it was on sale. Been playing Hockey Ultimate Team and it's driving me crazy. Anyone else playing?

Like the mode this week of Hut Rush where you play 3 on 3 against CPU teams of the same players. I can't win games to save my life. I have outshot the opponents like 30-3 and lost 2-1. Both teams have Lugongo as goalie, it's just I am shooting against Mecha Godzilla Lugongo and my team has cross-eyed, paralyzed Lugongo. One game I was up 2-0 in the third and they got two penalty shots and scored on both. Like why the need to make the game unnecessarily difficult, and why feel the need to cheat for the CPU?

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I started that too. Just landed on the second planet so not too far on. Liking it so far.
I love the mind control. Any game where you can make enemies attack each other always makes me laugh.

Assassin's Creed used to have a poison arrow that would make enemies attack each other. So funny. Guys would just be hanging out, you shoot one, he'd yell and just start fighting.
I'm at that same spot as you

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm at that same spot as you
Have you played any more?

I have and while I like it I am not sure how much I like it. Overall its fun, very similar to the first but with some new tricks and powers. Cool. Decent story and voice acting.

My issue is a lot of it seems really padded. There was a whole "shattered moon" mission that was just a bunch of climbing, jumping, and zip-lining around. Too easy? Hey lets add electrical charges and and unfriendly save spots to make it take longer. If that level did not end when it did I was going to stop and not sure when I would have played again.

Now the level I am on - I need to find a monastery. Its a set path so you're not exploring - its basically climb this wall, jump to that wall, climb that wall. Then double back and do it again. Too easy? Lets add high wind that can affect your jumps and blow you off ledges. Despite my frustration with this level, I did no die much, and I have been playing this level for an hour and a half and am not sure how much longer it is. At this point its just boring.

I really like the open world of Koboh.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cyberpunk 2077. The original (after the bug patches) was OK, fun but nothing great.
With the new expansion, Phantom Liberty, they suggest you start over as they redid the skill set and progression. I don't want to play it all again so I didn't but if you never played before it's great. So much better.

Phantom Liberty is pretty much Escape From New York.

Plus Keanu and Idris Elba chewing the scenery.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cyberpunk 2077. The original (after the bug patches) was OK, fun but nothing great.
With the new expansion, Phantom Liberty, they suggest you start over as they redid the skill set and progression. I don't want to play it all again so I didn't but if you never played before it's great. So much better.

Phantom Liberty is pretty much Escape From New York.

Plus Keanu and Idris Elba chewing the scenery.
This next in my list

DetroitDevil

Consoles are for ages 3 and up & broke adults.
Supporting Member Level 2
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gta v has had great graphics for years if you arent handicapped by playstation or xbox.
This video is from 8 years ago.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This next in my list
You should be able to get it cheaply at this point. The 2.0 update they released late last year really helped the overall game. Looks better, moves better, better perks and upgrades. Less clunky lol. I might have started over with a new character to play the whole game under the new system and upgrades, but I have too much to play right now.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Comeds you see this?

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ok I am finally getting into this game. It was a little tougher than the first. I had to redo enemy spawns a bunch of times to get some better health and force. now that I have more I can take on tougher challenges and the game is a lot more fun.

i also found some helpful settings that make the game more enjoyable

Im trying them tonight