• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Video Game Geek Out

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s funny lol.

Outlaws drops in a few days, you picking that up? It got quite a bit of negative press all summer but Metacritic has it at 77 with 60 reviews, may not be as bad as it seems.
I'll wait until everyone gets it and see what the true reaction is and what bugs are found . I'll eventually get it but not right away

Think McFly Think

Unaware and Oblivious Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even all the skills?
I guess I meant I got all the achievements (platinum)

I don’t think I ever did a true 100 in that game, at least not maxing all skills with one character. I’ve definitely had all skills at 100 with various builds on different characters.

Between all versions of the game, I gotta have somewhere around 3K to 4K hours on it, I don’t think there’s much in that game I haven’t done. Lol

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s funny lol.

Outlaws drops in a few days, you picking that up? It got quite a bit of negative press all summer but Metacritic has it at 77 with 60 reviews, may not be as bad as it seems.

I'll wait until everyone gets it and see what the true reaction is and what bugs are found . I'll eventually get it but not right away
That's what I plan to do. It sounds good but a bit buggy. I'll give a few weeks. Probably not too long though, I'm finishing up other things and need something new

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I meant I got all the achievements (platinum)

I don’t think I ever did a true 100 in that game, at least not maxing all skills with one character. I’ve definitely had all skills at 100 with various builds on different characters.

Between all versions of the game, I gotta have somewhere around 3K to 4K hours on it, I don’t think there’s much in that game I haven’t done. Lol
i think I have about 2K hours on skyrim... Even married Aela the Huntress lol

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s funny lol.

That's what I plan to do. It sounds good but a bit buggy. I'll give a few weeks. Probably not too long though, I'm finishing up other things and need something new

i watched some live streams of the game on early release last night. it doesnt look bad as everyone is saying. glitches and errors sure but patches will fix those.

I think Ill get it but Ill wait until it is discounted and the hype is down.... I dont think its a $80+ game right now with the graphics I saw on youtube live streams and the play looks fairly basic

Think McFly Think

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i watched some live streams of the game on early release last night. it doesnt look bad as everyone is saying. glitches and errors sure but patches will fix those.

I think Ill get it but Ill wait until it is discounted and the hype is down.... I dont think its a $80+ game right now with the graphics I saw on youtube live streams and the play looks fairly basic
Yeah the biggest gripe I’ve heard and @wildturkey mentioned it in a different thread, that the space combat/exploration leaves much to be desired and what you said, combat is very, very basic.

I didn’t preorder it so I’ll wait for it to go on sale for 40 bucks.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the biggest gripe I’ve heard and @wildturkey mentioned it in a different thread, that the space combat/exploration leaves much to be desired and what you said, combat is very, very basic.

I didn’t preorder it so I’ll wait for it to go on sale for 40 bucks.
same... which I think will be by Black Friday

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
same... which I think will be by Black Friday

Most Ubisoft games discount on Black Friday. Typically 10 to 20 bucks, depending on when they were released (the older the game, the more the discount). So I'd expect Outlaws will have some kind of discount. They're also releasing a new Assassin's Creed game this year but I doubt it'll be discounted on BF because it comes out like a week before.

Think McFly Think

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most Ubisoft games discount on Black Friday. Typically 10 to 20 bucks, depending on when they were released (the older the game, the more the discount). So I'd expect Outlaws will have some kind of discount. They're also releasing a new Assassin's Creed game this year but I doubt it'll be discounted on BF because it comes out like a week before.
I didn’t even finish Valhalla and I liked the game, I just don’t have the time for it.

Those massive AC games (Odyssey, Origins as well) are very time demanding, but I enjoy the open world format.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn’t even finish Valhalla and I liked the game, I just don’t have the time for it.

Those massive AC games (Odyssey, Origins as well) are very time demanding, but I enjoy the open world format.

They're sooooo long. I've played and finished them all but it takes me months. I typically only have a couple hrs a night, maybe not every day anyway, but still. For someone like me that likes doing all the side missions in open world games, it takes me forever to finish them. I think they said the new one, Shadows, isn't as long though. Where the others has 100 hrs of gameplay, this one will have about 60 hrs

Think McFly Think

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're sooooo long. I've played and finished them all but it takes me months. I typically only have a couple hrs a night, maybe not every day anyway, but still. For someone like me that likes doing all the side missions in open world games, it takes me forever to finish them. I think they said the new one, Shadows, isn't as long though. Where the others has 100 hrs of gameplay, this one will have about 60 hrs
Yeah, I’m right there with you, I’m lucky to get a few hours of gaming in a week.

Gone are the days of playing games all night or playing a game for days straight after release. Lol

It’s fine though, I feel that with the limited time I have to play I feel more invested in the short time I have.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the model is to get them about half price for a big sale so you'll buy the season pass or the microtransactions.

Outlaws seems a bit different here. Best I can tell its made for people who liked the beginning and end of Jedi Fallen Order but not so much the middle. I dont think it'll be like the recent Assassin Creed games at all. I'd imagine if it succeeds it will be similar to Guardians of the Galaxy from a couple of years back where people talk about how cool the story and/or characters are.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I really liked Valhalla but did think it was too long. Origins too. Odyssey I did not like for some reason, only played that one a bit. I know I did not like the territory battles.
I really liked the London one from about 10 years ago.
I do not know why super long games can be overwhelming to me at times. I am in no hurry, if it takes me 10 months and its fun - who cares? It saves me money from buying something new. Sometimes though even if I like them, I just want them to end.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am worried about the reported bugs and glitches on Outlaw. It is not a deal breaker for me, I was a day 1 supporter of Cyberpunk 2077. However, CD Projekt red had a history of magic after release with the Witcher games. Ubisoft I have a much lower opinion of.

I will hold off on buying, but most definitely get it if I hear positive things about the patches.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure if you all are fans of the Dead Island 2 game...

the game itself is a personal bit of fun for me but doesn't hold to the first dead island or riptide (bugs and all) . its not even close but it is a fun guilty pleasure.

that being said the DLCs (Haus and SOLA) are really poor for their costs and if you haven't paid for them probably wait for a mega sale.

Think McFly Think

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am worried about the reported bugs and glitches on Outlaw. It is not a deal breaker for me, I was a day 1 supporter of Cyberpunk 2077. However, CD Projekt red had a history of magic after release with the Witcher games. Ubisoft I have a much lower opinion of.

I will hold off on buying, but most definitely get it if I hear positive things about the patches.
I also played Cyberpunk when it was first released, yeesh.

Props to CDPR for eventually making it one of the better RPG’s I’ve played.

Also Witcher 3 is one of my favorite games ever.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also played Cyberpunk when it was first released, yeesh.

Props to CDPR for eventually making it one of the better RPG’s I’ve played.
I am still shocked how much it improved. Because of it I will not permanently remove any game with a glitchy release from my play list. You never know when it is just an executive forcing the hand of developers.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So far what I see doesn't seem like its anything that makes it unplayable. Worst I've seen is some freeze ups where you reset the game. You can load your latest save and its fine. Doesn't seem frequent but it happens. Official launch isn't until Friday so I won't be surprised if they don't have a patch ready to go within a week or two.

The more common complaint I see is some of the stealth missions are bullshitty where you fail the mission if you're spotted and its really hard to not get spotted. They might tweak that thru patches as well making the guards' awareness lower, etc.