• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Video Game Geek Out

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i finally killed Alduin. Im cleaning up quests now and raising my level. still very fun after all this time. Im almost ready to make the best armour :D

/geek

I've yet to kill Alduin, just been going around and joining all the guilds. I've been a little sidetracked for the past two weeks by killing demons in another game, I may have to set that aside and finish up Skyrim though.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've yet to kill Alduin, just been going around and joining all the guilds. I've been a little sidetracked for the past two weeks by killing demons in another game, I may have to set that aside and finish up Skyrim though.

you can still play after you finish Alduin. only guild I have left to join is the dark brotherhood. Im leaving that for last. I will also complete the thieves guild last even though Im already a member.

Im almost completed as well taking over all the castles. 2 more to go

level 53 now for my character

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
82583361.jpg

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats a cool site, never checked it out before.

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of the EA NHL series fans should be psyched with the new skating system they added. Not much coverage at E3, but the game looks 10x better than last years piece of crap.

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
more from E3

- I wonder why those choose Baird as the main character for this spin off. yeah he was fun in the game but not worthy of his own game.

It should have been THE COLE TRAIN BABY!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats the only guy I used. So looking forward to that!

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those of you with a relatively recent (last four years or so) PC, you should check this out. Pay as much or as little as you want, and get four games for your generosity. Pay more than the average (which is currently about $8), and you get four MORE games. There's no DRM, and you get the soundtracks to the base four, plus another to Bastion if you get it. Plus, you can decide who gets your donation - whether you want it to go to charity, the game developers, both, w/e.

As for the games themselves:

Superbrothers: Sword and Sworcery EP - One of Time's Top 10 games of 2011. Haven't played it, but I've heard it's got it's own visual style.

Limbo - A very moody puzzle/platformer that makes you think. I've played it and very much enjoyed it.

Amnesia: Dark Descent - Supposed to be really freaky. I haven't played it yet, and I'm not actually sure my computer can run it.

Psychonauts - An Xbox title from 2006. You play as Raz, a kid spending his summer at Whispering Rock Psychic Summer Camp, learning to develop your mental powers and make new friends. Or at least that was the plan... Psychonauts is a terrific game with a great sense of humor, and is one of the three games I purchased this bundle for, as I never finished the game. It's got great characters, hilarious dialogue, and environments that are messed up, but in a good way. FREEDOM! (freedom!)

Bonus games (Pay more than whatever the average is to get these):

Bastion - An action RPG with a great soundtrack, this is another of the games I really wanted from the bundle. I can't quite make the min specs, but according to the developer they are really recommended specs and my graphics card should be okay. Game number two I wanted the bundle for.

Braid - A platformer which allows and requires you to manipulate time in order to complete levels. A fun little puzzler which came out a few years back and I enjoyed.

Super Meat Boy - REALLY. FREAKING. HARD. It's a platformer where your objective is to get to the end of each level, most of which are very short. The problem is that the levels are set up to murder your face, so despite an incredibly tight control scheme, many will end up dying again, and again, and again... This is the third of three games I purchased the bundle for.

Lone Survivor - A 2-d pixelly survival horror. I wanted to pick this game up when I originally saw it, but figured $20 was too much to drop on a game like this. Fortunately, I don't have to anymore. The fourth of three games I purchased the bundle for.

The Charities:

The Electronic Frontier Foundation - These guys are a non-profit that fight for digital rights. I imagine they are the anti-SOPA guys, but I don't know much more than that about them. Sorry.

Child's Play - Created by Gabe and Tycho, the brains behind Penny Arcade, this charity provides video games and other toys for hospitalized children. Some of what they provide is to the hospitals to entertain multiple patients; some is to individual children for keeps.

So there you have it. If'n you want to support independent developers, donate to worthwhile charity, and oh yeah, play some pretty rockin' games, you should give this a shot. $0.01 gets you four decent-to-awesome games, and at the moment $8.30 gets you another four decent-to-awesome games. Just make your decision soon - the bundle's only available for another six-ish days.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BOOM goes my xbox. 3 Red Lights of Death...

cock fuck

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
checking now

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hitman: Absolution looks pretty cool.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That sucks. Any chance it's still under warranty?

checking now

no warranty. to send off its $123 plus tax. may fix it and send back or send back a new one.

I have a back up one (yes Im that MUCH a gamer geek - no not really, I got a free one from the cable company to sign a contract. I just moved it downstairs so all is good. just need a lil more memory in it.

crisis averted. the Dragons may fly again

li0lsh

Hoopla Cash
$ 737.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd also recommend checking out the Humble Bundle. Great fucking price for $8.01 (this was the average when I purchased it).