• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Video Game Geek Out

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice, just found out there are going to be special events for Dragon's Dogma, in which players from all over face this dragon... I guess it will go on for a while (like days it seems) where you can log in, battle, log out. A Leaderboard will be kept as to who spends the ost time facing the dragon, all Heros will be visible battling this thing. After a certain amount of damage is inflicted, you will get rare loots, but whomever deals the final fatal blow will get the maximum reward.

I don't think my hero is anywhere near strong enough to even attempt right now.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I played Counterstrike Source for the first time since 2005 tonight.

It did not go well.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CS is the shit. I can't wait for them to come out with CS: Global Offensive. It's going to be on consoles as well, which is awesome because my PC sucks balls.

There is no map in this world better than dust2 for a FPS.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CS is the shit. I can't wait for them to come out with CS: Global Offensive. It's going to be on consoles as well, which is awesome because my PC sucks balls.

There is no map in this world better than dust2 for a FPS.

From what I remember of Dust 2 (all I've played this go round has been CS_Office), somebody always snipes the double doors. If the terrorists rush long A, they die a horrible hideous death, and short A is often bad unless they do a delayed rush. Everything seems to revolve around B. If the terrorists don't send at least SOMETHING to B, the CTs lock down the map and crush it, so B is always a massive firefight, which is awesome. Because of this fight, there's usually many folks near death, so it's the only map where I've ever gotten a flashbang kill (two).

I always liked Italy.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I remember of Dust 2 (all I've played this go round has been CS_Office), somebody always snipes the double doors. If the terrorists rush long A, they die a horrible hideous death, and short A is often bad unless they do a delayed rush. Everything seems to revolve around B. If the terrorists don't send at least SOMETHING to B, the CTs lock down the map and crush it, so B is always a massive firefight, which is awesome. Because of this fight, there's usually many folks near death, so it's the only map where I've ever gotten a flashbang kill (two).

I always liked Italy.

I'd probably suck now... It's gonna take me a lil bit to get used to it again when the console version comes out. But on Dust 2 for the PC, CT's would climb up on the side of the mountain and usually just clip people off with the AWP. I had it down to a science where you would throw a frag completely over the underpass from the opposite side that would land right where they would camp out. It was great.

God, that game was/is so much fun. I just hated all the people using mods and shit.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyone play Dead Space. looks interesting.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's pretty cool, similar to a resident evil but with less story behind it. I only played it once though, didn't get too far into it. I remember the creatures being pretty fucking awesome though.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't stop playing Dragon's Dogma though.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyone play Dead Space. looks interesting.

thx. this is why I asked

Dead Space 3 Officially Announced, First Screenshots | Daily Dead

do you know because of Skyrim. I have not touched Batman Arkham City yet.... Ive had it since Xmas... lol

I liked Dead Space and Dead Space 2 but didnt love them. Worth playing though. I had to play in small doses because, and laugh if you want, so many times things jump out of no where and its kind of scary. If you have surround sound things are constantly making noises behind you.

I just finished Arkham City. It was great. I am more of a Marvel Comics fan so I am happy to hear the next Spider-Man game is similar to Arkham City.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked Dead Space and Dead Space 2 but didnt love them. Worth playing though. I had to play in small doses because, and laugh if you want, so many times things jump out of no where and its kind of scary. If you have surround sound things are constantly making noises behind you.

I just finished Arkham City. It was great. I am more of a Marvel Comics fan so I am happy to hear the next Spider-Man game is similar to Arkham City.

i was like that for Doom 3, still am. that is one of the great games

oh I didn't know that about spiderman. Im interested now. thanks

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dead Space 1 and 2 are both rental games at best. After a while in you learn to predict when enemies show up, and the fear kind of goes away. That's not to say they don't have their moments, but for the most part the scariest parts of each are at the beginning.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
more from E3

some great stuff coming. the halo 4 gameplay looks spectacular. same style but the imagery is amazing

[YOUTUBE]nsWyP0LBikI&[/YOUTUBE]

- I wonder why those choose Baird as the main character for this spin off. yeah he was fun in the game but not worthy of his own game.

was not a big fan of Lost Planet but this game looks good

Last edited by a moderator:

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks pretty intense.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I really hope its good. Spiderman 2 years ago for the PS2 was really fun (and had Bruce Campbell narrating with gems like "Why did you get a Spiderman game if you are just going to run on the ground?")

I'd love Marvel to have a great game like the Batman Arkham ones. The Marvel Ultimate ones had a ton of characters and good stories but it did not take advantage of characters who could fly or swing.