• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Vancouver People

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In a follow-up statement, the BCHP says the motorcyclist “ran into a car and the motorcyclist fell onto the roadway.”
horrific!

/my wife witnessed a horrible accident as it happened on the Coq while driving back from my daughters gymnastic comp in Kelowna in early June

... This still is from the DriveBC cam at Portia taken about an hour after the accident when the chopper arrived to take the injured away ... my wife was basically right where this rig is ... going westbound towards home. A car was speeding going eastbound and went straight into the divider just off the slow lane shoulder, launching itself airbound, doing a flip and slamming into the side of the ditch/embankment (red circle in this picture from drive BC where it landed off to the left of the pile of emerg vehicles).

There was a lot of pooling water but to my wife it didnt look like the car hydroplaned at all. Just looked as if the driver fell asleep, was looking at their phone or had a medical emergency and drove full speed with no braking or skidding straight into the concrete divider which acted as a ramp. My daughter said she saw the passenger fly out of the car.

Driver apparently suffered a broken shoulder. My wife asked RCMP the next day when they followed up and offered victim services with her by phone how the passenger was and the RCMP officer just said "it didnt end well for her".

1718220614697.png

/btw ... can you believe the DriveBC cams dont record video ???? Only stills??? The cop told my wife it was due to Privacy concerns. I would think maybe cell service would be the problem since it was hard for my daughter getting reception to call 911 ... Video would have captured the whole crash right there.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
horrific!

/my wife witnessed a horrible accident as it happened on the Coq while driving back from my daughters gymnastic comp in Kelowna in early June

... This still is from the DriveBC cam at Portia taken about an hour after the accident when the chopper arrived to take the injured away ... my wife was basically right where this rig is ... going westbound towards home. A car was speeding going eastbound and went straight into the divider just off the slow lane shoulder, launching itself airbound, doing a flip and slamming into the side of the ditch/embankment (red circle in this picture from drive BC where it landed off to the left of the pile of emerg vehicles).

There was a lot of pooling water but to my wife it didnt look like the car hydroplaned at all. Just looked as if the driver fell asleep, was looking at their phone or had a medical emergency and drove full speed with no braking or skidding straight into the concrete divider which acted as a ramp. My daughter said she saw the passenger fly out of the car.

Driver apparently suffered a broken shoulder. My wife asked RCMP the next day when they followed up and offered victim services with her by phone how the passenger was and the RCMP officer just said "it didnt end well for her".

View attachment 364716

/btw ... can you believe the DriveBC cams dont record video ???? Only stills??? The cop told my wife it was due to Privacy concerns. I would think maybe cell service would be the problem since it was hard for my daughter getting reception to call 911 ... Video would have captured the whole crash right there.

i think the worst I have seen was I was driving back after lunch on 1st ave past commercial about 2 blocks past that royal bank going towards the city. 2 kids were starting to cross the forcing me to stop, so I did in the right lane. one kid was 3 steps ahead of his buddy and started to pass by the hood of my truck as I was looking in the mirror to see if a car was coming and WHAM it clipped him and he went straight up in the air flipped a couple times and landed on his shoulder crumpled. I parked the truck and had someone call 911 while I went to attend to the kid,. luckily an ambulance was 1/2 block away and came immediatley as I was surveying how bad the kid was I saw that he had a slimjim lock picker and a small hammer falling out his sleeve. the paramedics took care of the kid as I stood next to his buddy and flatly said... maybe you guys shouldnt have been breaking into cars today... his face drained of all colour. I am not sure if the other kid made it or if he did if he was broken beyond repair.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this was final destination shit last week ... another sad update

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pedestrian in grey needs to buy a lotto max ticket tonight

(on kingsway near Royal Oak in Burnaby)

Last edited:

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop building on the north shore until you build a Skytrain line out there.

It’s absolutely nuts to keep contributing to growth there with current traffic and transit problems.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop building on the north shore until you build a Skytrain line out there.

It’s absolutely nuts to keep contributing to growth there with current traffic and transit problems.

i used to work there as security over 30 years ago (holy crap Im getting old) its massive. I cant imagine how many places they will add but you are right the traffic will be insane... the sea bus would need to double

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i used to work there as security over 30 years ago (holy crap Im getting old) its massive. I cant imagine how many places they will add but you are right the traffic will be insane... the sea bus would need to double
They’ve been building a shit ton in North Van as it is. The traffic getting out of there is absolutely insane as it is, there is never going to be another lane of roadway crossing Burrard Inlet built and any Skytrain expansion will take well over a decade to plan and execute.

It’s just terrible planning.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
North shore is kind of the same as Vancouver Island to me.
Great if your entire like can be sustained there.

If you have any interaction at all with Vancouver, it's not worth the hassle.

I can't tell how much better my life is now that I don't have to catch a ferry twice a week. I did that for 10 years lol

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My daughter who lives in Yaletown always gets pissed that I don’t come over more often. But aside from a concert there’s fuck all I wanna do there. If there’s going to be major league relaxation and maybe a bit of golf or tennis and food and drinks it’s way better to do it at my house than in her apartment.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What’s the point of the courts, police and prosecution service at this point if the only crime they ever prosecute is murder?

Global News has learned the suspect was recently released from custody after an earlier arrest and had a lengthy and violent criminal history.

The suspect was sentenced to 31 days in jail and 24 months probation on March 28 for obstructing a peace officer and possessing a weapon for a dangerous purpose in Vancouver on Jan. 15.

He was then accused of two counts of robbery on April 25 and released from custody on $500 bail the next day.

On Monday, he was charged with aggravated assault in the alleged stabbing of a woman on May 26 in Surrey.

THOSE ARE ALL WITHIN THE LAST 90 DAYS!

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lots of crazy pictures and vids floating around on the trestle bridge fire in Richmond last night.

I realize visibility was shit but everybody should probably try driving a little faster through this unless they want black lung.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lots of crazy pictures and vids floating around on the trestle bridge fire in Richmond last night.

I realize visibility was shit but everybody should probably try driving a little faster through this unless they want black lung.

probably should have closed the bridge? can you imagine if there was a massive accident there.. unless they had cops at the start of the bridge slowing people down that could have been really catastrophic.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
probably should have closed the bridge? can you imagine if there was a massive accident there.. unless they had cops at the start of the bridge slowing people down that could have been really catastrophic.
they eventually did close the bridge. idk ... is it reopened this morn?