• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Vancouver People

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be more to it than that. We had a similar situation with youth soccer fields in my hometown (there it was primarily money related) and volunteers offered to do it, but the town had to stop them citing liability and insurance issues.

Then again that may just be because of all the lawyers in the US.

yah im not sure ... maybe ... fiscal issues could indeed be something to do with it too ... the tball games had to be moved to a gravel field at a nearby elementary school and now we are getting word that will be the case for the season

the thing about it is the park we were supposed to play at had 2 diamonds and the one that will be used for the majors division WAS mowed :noidea:

blindbaby

i want to bang on the drum all day
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's more likely union related.

We were headed to the BC summer games a while back (and I do mean a while) for soccer. Because of the strike at the time, the union wouldn't allow its' members to cut the grass. Ok, fair enough, as we as a team were more than willing to cut the grass on our own so we could practice. Uh uh; that's a no no. The union wouldn't budge on this and we were forced to "practice" in about a foot of grass for about a month. :L

FWIW, I'm generally pro-union.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In just a little over two weeks, that will be a picture of Calgary on the Victoria Day long weekend :D

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seems like you venture into the category of boring as a world city when violent crime is minimal ... you may be able to ski and golf on the same spring day but demerits for not having to get into a knife fight at the beginning of each activity :noidea:

on that note ... where did Surrey finish in this ranking :whistle:

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seems like you venture into the category of boring as a world city when violent crime is minimal ... you may be able to ski and golf on the same spring day but demerits for not having to get into a knife fight at the beginning of each activity :noidea:

on that note ... where did Surrey finish in this ranking :whistle:
Yeah, love that nobody mugs you on the tube anymore so London is rank.

I guess Germany was way more exciting when the Stasi spied on everybody...or earlier.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the author should actually come to vancouver and go for a hike in the seymour watershed (as the cbc writer mentions)

dress appropriately though ... wear your lady gaga meat suit

that would be PHUN

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you can overcome past lawsuits and backstabbing double crosses in business when 2 parties both see the potential of making BILLIONS :thumb:

Paradise Valley residents vow to fight water plan for proposed resort north of Squamish

The project has gone through several changes over the last two decades, with different investors at the helm. For the last 12 years the proposed development has been overseen by Garibaldi at Squamish Inc., or GAS, a private firm controlled by two of B.C.’s most prominent business families, the Aquilinis and the Gaglardis.

The principals of GAS are the Aquilini Investment Group, which owns the Vancouver Canucks, a national real-estate portfolio and a construction company, and Northland Properties, which is run by the Gaglardis and the parent firm of Sandman Hotels, Denny’s and Moxie’s restaurants.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, upon further review, the Mustang is not exotic enough for a 'N' sticker (those are reserved for Ferrari, Maserati, and Lamborghini)

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
getcha fathers day popcorn ready!

CHEObTGUcAAnXUA.jpg

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash