• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Vancouver People

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Theres been alot of post mortems written about the mcbarge but this one might be the best lol

i totally forgot about the tidy tug and blade trinity lol

jesus, i don't remember hearing about that Slow show at all.
someone didn't quite vet the talent properly.

Slow are known for a controversial incident which both marred the Expo 86 festivities and effectively ended the band's career. While performing their typical performance at the event's Festival of Independent Recording Artists,[1] which included Anselmi pitching two two-by-fours into the front rows' empty seats at the side of the stage,[1] Anselmi stripped off his shirt and jeans and performed in a pair of boxers, occasionally "poking through" the front as he adjusted his underwear; at the end of the set, Hamm dropped his shorts to his knees and, with arms raised in triumph, said goodbye to the audience while naked from the waist down.[1] In response Expo officials cut the power to the pavilion, ending the entire event.[1][2]

The band were detained by the Vancouver police, who considered charging them with indecent exposure. Citing security concerns, Expo officials cancelled the evening's headlining concert, Poisoned featuring Art Bergmann; subsequently, the entire week-long festival was also cancelled.[3]

Some of the fans in attendance got onstage and many in the audience refused to leave the venue. A chant of "BCTV" started in the crowd and a large group marched to the location of BCTV's onsite studios. The group gathered outside the studio windows, where they protested the concert's cancellation so loudly and persistently with chants of "Expo sucks" that the station had to pull its 11:00 pm newscast. Instead, BCTV started its late night movie early; the movie was Rock 'n Roll High School featuring the Ramones.[1]

The band subsequently embarked on a cross-Canada tour, although the negative publicity they received as a result of the Expo show led them to split up by the time they returned to Vancouver.[1] Anselmi and Thorvaldson continued to collaborate under the band names Mo and Christian Thorvaldson's Freeze-Dried Dog before settling on the new band name © in 1988,[4] while Hamm and Russell launched Tankhog and Sigmund joined The Scramblers.
[1]

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whole lotta anxiety watching the car veer hard right :gaah:

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone have any real estate friends in the Burnaby/Tri-Cities area they'd like to refer? Cold called two but one is sitting out the pandemic and the other basically told me they're too busy because other agents are sitting out the pandemic lol. Figure I'd ask here if anybody wants a friend to get some co-pay before I keep flipping through the phone booth yellow pages.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
I can ask my realtor.
she bought/sold my last transaction, negotiating was terrific on both sides.
based out of Vancouver, but will travel for business lol

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a shame im on the bbblock list. I know 8 realtors who work the bby/tri cities/new west area through friends and my kids schooling/activities through the years.

2 are complete superstars as agents and people. 3 are nice people but appear to be mediocre agents and 3 are horrible people and agents. One of those 3 lives in a vancouver special about 5 blocks from me and im convinced his entire family has been lead poisoned by old pipes.

anyways i could have provided a list of 6 names
:yo:

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont remember if this was posted here. Its from october.

On that day, Global was down doing a story on the weather and talked to some of the kitesurfers and in a very random jerome-iginla-on-a-boston-street fashion, they identified one of the kitesurfers as sean millington lol ... yah that sean millington. No mention of his cfl career. Just said “sean millington - kiteboarder”

anyhow sean will be showing off his moves in a future episode of the nature of things

The ditch in front or Port Alberni is wicked for that. I'd never do it but we used to sail a 470 in extremely high winds where it chokes at Franklin Narrows.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone have any real estate friends in the Burnaby/Tri-Cities area they'd like to refer? Cold called two but one is sitting out the pandemic and the other basically told me they're too busy because other agents are sitting out the pandemic lol. Figure I'd ask here if anybody wants a friend to get some co-pay before I keep flipping through the phone booth yellow pages.
I don’t know if I have to say this but I swear these aren’t related. That’s an awful story.

Its a shame im on the bbblock list. I know 8 realtors who work the bby/tri cities/new west area through friends and my kids schooling/activities through the years.

2 are complete superstars as agents and people. 3 are nice people but appear to be mediocre agents and 3 are horrible people and agents. One of those 3 lives in a vancouver special about 5 blocks from me and im convinced his entire family has been lead poisoned by old pipes.

anyways i could have provided a list of 6 names
:yo:
Mate, you were shitposting responses to my posts without even doing me the courtesy of quoting the OP’s. I’ll take basically anything anybody throws at me here but ffs at least let me know about it.

/the block function on this site is also as useful as a condom in a convent since the re-design. I still see most of dash’s posts for some reason.