• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: This is so freaking COOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
itHTeaGkWgdMB.gif

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Xmas joke time:

We know that Jesus Christ was not born in Newfoundland because they couldn't find three wise men and a virgin.

Last edited by a moderator:

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"If this is your first time tuning in to the Colbert Report, I have some bad news..." -Stephen Colbert, 12/18/14

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been to Hanoi twice in the last few years, and that's barely even scratching the surface.

More amazing than the stuff they manage to carry on them is the fact that they aren't dying left and right. It's impossible for a video to do justice to just how terrifying it really is, but behold (not my video):

LOL. I've never been there but I've been to a couple of big cities in west Africa that were just like that but with less motorbikes and more SUVs, vans and pedestrians. I had a driver for all but one day so I was lucky. It's amazing how many times a pedestrian gets missed by inches and people act like nothing happened.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. I've never been there but I've been to a couple of big cities in west Africa that were just like that but with less motorbikes and more SUVs, vans and pedestrians. I had a driver for all but one day so I was lucky. It's amazing how many times a pedestrian gets missed by inches and people act like nothing happened.

We were always in taxis (fun fact, it's illegal for foreigners to rent cars; motorbikes are OK but suicidal) and we used to fight over who would have to sit in the front seat. None of us wanted it because it was hard to hide from what your driver was doing.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"If this is your first time tuning in to the Colbert Report, I have some bad news..." -Stephen Colbert, 12/18/14

That was a nice finale. He's a tremendous performer.

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were always in taxis (fun fact, it's illegal for foreigners to rent cars; motorbikes are OK but suicidal) and we used to fight over who would have to sit in the front seat. None of us wanted it because it was hard to hide from what your driver was doing.

I've been to Ho Chi Min and crossing the street is like Frogger on steroids. You just go - the scooters (and occasional cars) just flow around you like water around a rock. But don't make any sudden movements. Probably better to just close your eyes and cross at a slow and steady pace.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been to Ho Chi Min and crossing the street is like Frogger on steroids. You just go - the scooters (and occasional cars) just flow around you like water around a rock. But don't make any sudden movements. Probably better to just close your eyes and cross at a slow and steady pace.

That was the advice we got was to keep moving. They assume you're not going to stop, so they aim for where you are currently, assuming you'll be gone when they get there. Scary though.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Almost any major city in India is the same or worse. Ive been to a few. I learned early. No hesitation, full confidence and timing is your life

Status
Not open for further replies.