• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: This is so freaking COOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It took me a second to get it but I can't stop laughing.....

KathleenBangs.jpg

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MabJXjJ.gif

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There are a hell of a lot of lawyers out there doing work in the public interest, many of whom don't get paid much to do it. And while there are certainly plenty of money-grubbing, morally-handicapped assholes in the legal field, you mostly have good, honest people - pretty similar to any other slice of society you might carve out. I don't know how public defenders deal with their caseloads and the stress of that job, but it's belief in our system and the ideals of justice that drive them to stare down and represent monsters they hold no affection for but must represent. I have a friend who wakes up with nightmares because of the some of the evidence he's had to view in case preparations. I can't imagine being a family lawyer and staring divorce and broken families in the face 50 hours a week. And there are plenty of lawyers working to protect the environment, ensure fair elections, make sure governments and corporations don't violate the law, upholding laws that protect the disabled and women, etc.

I was unaware of this holiday until today, but thinking this a little more and knowing some of the work many of my friends do, maybe it's not so bad.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a hell of a lot of lawyers out there doing work in the public interest, many of whom don't get paid much to do it. And while there are certainly plenty of money-grubbing, morally-handicapped assholes in the legal field, you mostly have good, honest people - pretty similar to any other slice of society you might carve out. I don't know how public defenders deal with their caseloads and the stress of that job, but it's belief in our system and the ideals of justice that drive them to stare down and represent monsters they hold no affection for but must represent. I have a friend who wakes up with nightmares because of the some of the evidence he's had to view in case preparations. I can't imagine being a family lawyer and staring divorce and broken families in the face 50 hours a week. And there are plenty of lawyers working to protect the environment, ensure fair elections, make sure governments and corporations don't violate the law, upholding laws that protect the disabled and women, etc.

I was unaware of this holiday until today, but thinking this a little more and knowing some of the work many of my friends do, maybe it's not so bad.

Overruled.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Man, talk about a clear cut case of leading the witness...Some would move to strike, but I'll allow it.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pfft. What's next? National chrome-dome day?

:behindsofa:

Status
Not open for further replies.