• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: This is so freaking COOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, maybe not the texbook definition of "cool", but pretty dang interesting.

Museum has new lead in hunt for James Dean's wrecked Porsche

First of all, how fucked up is that they would set up a touring show featuring a car that one of the biggest stars on the planet died in?

Secondly, how in the hell do you get away with a heist of something like that for 60 years? Getting it stolen and hidden away without a large number of people knowing? Crazy.

I had always assumed that the car was scrapped. It never occurred to me that it could be "lost".

That picture of the "exhibit" is nasty. I've sat in a replica of a 550. There is nothing to them. That must have been one hell of a mess.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

First of all, how fucked up is that they would set up a touring show featuring a car that one of the biggest stars on the planet died in?

Secondly, how in the hell do you get away with a heist of something like that for 60 years? Getting it stolen and hidden away without a large number of people knowing? Crazy.

I had always assumed that the car was scrapped. It never occurred to me that it could be "lost".

That picture of the "exhibit" is nasty. I've sat in a replica of a 550. There is nothing to them. That must have been one hell of a mess.

That's not me.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Interesting that you posted this on the 60th anniversary of his death. Vhat a coincidence!

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That looks like something out of "The Day After Tomorrow"

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hurricanes/typhoons, while obviously extremely deadly, are awe-inspiring to me. I wouldn't call them beautiful, but there is something incredible about them and how they occur naturally on our planet. I guess maybe if there was a way to visualize an earthquake, maybe it would strike me in a similar way, but the enormity of a hurricane is both terrifying and impressive.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That was Jake Gyllenhaal, not Joaquin Phoenix. I used to confuse the two of them too.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hurricanes/typhoons, while obviously extremely deadly, are awe-inspiring to me. I wouldn't call them beautiful, but there is something incredible about them and how they occur naturally on our planet. I guess maybe if there was a way to visualize an earthquake, maybe it would strike me in a similar way, but the enormity of a hurricane is both terrifying and impressive.

They're awesome. You know, I feel like we really misuse that word. To inspire awe. Doesn't mean it has a *positive* connotation.

Status
Not open for further replies.