• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: This is so freaking COOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, U.S. Is high on friendly too. Shows how very different the cultures are in the different regions of the country.

Amen to that. It's like I'm in a different country and I only moved to the other side of some mountains.

And now for something completely different.
mpSIDoe.jpg

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to think its not real...but multiple commenters said they had encounters. Still may just be a grand horror story...and if this guy is lying, he's a great story teller. May read up on the David guy who keeps data base on disappearances in state/national parks.

Same here those are some very interesting stories that got me hooked.

David Paulides - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It is called Missing 411.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

THIS guy is the future of fashion.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that whole stairs thing is very interesting. And i never heard of it until reading those stories, granted probably not true but still very intriguing and makes me want to hike in the woods.

I'd like to think its not real...but multiple commenters said they had encounters. Still may just be a grand horror story...and if this guy is lying, he's a great story teller. May read up on the David guy who keeps data base on disappearances in state/national parks.

There is a book called "A Walk In The Woods" by Bill Bryson which details his attempt to walk the Appalachian trail from beginning to end. Overall its a very nice book about how something like that trip - a difficult singular focus can help you through some difficult times and reconnect with yourself and others. Bryson does often go off on tangents though and one in this book was about people that either disappear or get murdered in parks or on trails in the US. He mainly discusses 2 women who were murdered on the trail in an area near a small town (I cannot remember where, its been years) but he also goes into stats that say bad things happen far more often in those places than you would think.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a book called "A Walk In The Woods" by Bill Bryson which details his attempt to walk the Appalachian trail from beginning to end. Overall its a very nice book about how something like that trip - a difficult singular focus can help you through some difficult times and reconnect with yourself and others. Bryson does often go off on tangents though and one in this book was about people that either disappear or get murdered in parks or on trails in the US. He mainly discusses 2 women who were murdered on the trail in an area near a small town (I cannot remember where, its been years) but he also goes into stats that say bad things happen far more often in those places than you would think.

That's essentially what Paulides writes about. Not just the missing cases, but the high percentage in the parks stands out. That and the lack of coverage they get. I guess the guy is a Bigfoot believer, coverup, etc. I stop short there...

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's essentially what Paulides writes about. Not just the missing cases, but the high percentage in the parks stands out. That and the lack of coverage they get. I guess the guy is a Bigfoot believer, coverup, etc. I stop short there...

Same here if he thinks bigfoot is the root cause of this all then that

So do I.

Found this on youtube: Canam Missing Project there are four videos there of 4 interesting events and he takes you to the areas. Nice no mention of the bigfoot stuff at all.

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
funny-gif-kids-stairs-mattress.gif

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same here if he thinks bigfoot is the root cause of this all then that

So do I.

Found this on youtube: Canam Missing Project there are four videos there of 4 interesting events and he takes you to the areas. Nice no mention of the bigfoot stuff at all.
It may have been another guy he referenced that was big into it. I was on that guys' site where he took pictures, had maps, explained situations, etc. He referenced "wild man" stories, etc.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I recently (last week) was part of a search and rescue mission. We were combing out in pairs along hiking trails and logging roads in the mountains. I was leading my pair. We came to a clearing. We stopped to yell for the missing person. We tried for about 30 seconds and then decided to move on. I did a 360 of the area just before we began running along. All of a sudden there was a stick with flagging tape on it stuck RIGHT in the middle of the path we had JUST came down. Neither of us remembered seeing it.

My skin fucking crawled. We moved on pretty quickly and found the missing individual soon after. I still can't explain how we missed that flagging tape when we were picking over every piece of that trail with a fine-toothed comb. Being in the mountains in heightened situations can really fuck with your mind.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bigfoot put it there when you weren't looking. :D

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bigfoot put it there when you weren't looking. :D

That's as good an explanation as any, seriously. I'm a scientist so I don't believe that some ghost put it there.

I WAS freaked out though at the time, particularly given a full-grown man had "disappeared" nearby.

Like I said I bet we just missed it as we passed by it, but I just don't see how that happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.