• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: This is so freaking COOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anchor's away
Heres_the_incredible_way_some-36c6c36ea55eff7dd996a4cfb7826ac7

U.S.S. Detroit :usa2:

Detroit Rock City.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For this trillion-dollar-plus investment we get a plane far slower than a 1970s F-14 Tomcat, a plane with less than half the range of a 40-year-old A-6 Intruder, a plane whose sustained-turn performance is that of a 1960s F-4 Phantom, and a plane that had its head handed to it by an F-16 during a recent dogfight competition.

All I have to say about that article can be summarized by talking about the above quote i pulled. An F-14 Tomcat could not detect it, and the F-35 would thereby destroy it while going unseen. Who cares if the F-14 is faster? It can't see it! It has half the range of an A-6, yet it can take off from anything from the aforementioned USS Detroit, up to the new Gerald Ford class aircraft carrier because it has VTOL ability, and again, the A-6 couldn't detect it, because it's the most undetectable airborne combatant ever produced. The F-4 might be able to out-turn it, yet the Phantom has no avionics able to identify the F-35 in a combat environment. And an F-16 might be able to dogfight it to death, but like the others I've mentioned, the F-35 can not be detected by any of their current publicly unclassified avionics.

The F-35 has no known combat adversary. It's a 5th generation aircraft, which, along with the F-22 Raptor, has no competition. I'm not saying it's not a waste of money. The budget overruns are a disaster. Yet, what would you rather have? The best available aircraft money can buy compared to the expected adversary? Or, 1960's/1970's era tech that both Russia and China have an answer for?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I have to say about that article can be summarized by talking about the above quote i pulled. An F-14 Tomcat could not detect it, and the F-35 would thereby destroy it while going unseen. Who cares if the F-14 is faster? It can't see it! It has half the range of an A-6, yet it can take off from anything from the aforementioned USS Detroit, up to the new Gerald Ford class aircraft carrier because it has VTOL ability, and again, the A-6 couldn't detect it, because it's the most undetectable airborne combatant ever produced. The F-4 might be able to out-turn it, yet the Phantom has no avionics able to identify the F-35 in a combat environment. And an F-16 might be able to dogfight it to death, but like the others I've mentioned, the F-35 can not be detected by any of their current publicly unclassified avionics.

The F-35 has no known combat adversary. It's a 5th generation aircraft, which, along with the F-22 Raptor, has no competition. I'm not saying it's not a waste of money. The budget overruns are a disaster. Yet, what would you rather have? The best available aircraft money can buy compared to the expected adversary? Or, 1960's/1970's era tech that both Russia and China have an answer for?
There were cheaper options that still surpassed those countries' technologies. This is just multiple state-sponsored graft.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were cheaper options that still surpassed those countries' technologies. This is just multiple state-sponsored graft.

I agree, but the same can be said for almost all defense spending. It's one big sham.

The F-35 was designed to replace the United States military F-16, A-10, F-18 and AV-8 tactical fighter and attack aircraft. One aircraft that is capable of doing all of that was guaranteed not to be cheap. It will also be the first aircraft ever made by the US that will equip all four branches of the military.

Last edited:

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everybody likes to cool off during the summer:
RctMwBxSrGWidnl5wClo_Bear-Pool-Dive.gif

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's trouble bruin in that pool...

I picture the owner coming home after a hard days work, jumping in the pool and then wondering what the terrible smell is.
Assuming the bear gets out of the pool without destroying it.
Also assuming wet bears stink, I can't help thinking they would.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I picture the owner coming home after a hard days work, jumping in the pool and then wondering what the terrible smell is.
Assuming the bear gets out of the pool without destroying it.
Also assuming wet bears stink, I can't help thinking they would.

Grizzly bears often smell REALLY bad. I worked in a part of the Yukon where they're everywhere and at times you can smell them coming, literally.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grizzly bears often smell REALLY bad. I worked in a part of the Yukon where they're everywhere and at times you can smell them coming, literally.

That's cool, I would have thought so. That's a pretty thick fur they have that I am sure picks up and holds all kinds of smells. I think I once learned bears were oily too. If so that can't help the smell.

Status
Not open for further replies.