• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Things we find freaking neat but no place to post

Status
Not open for further replies.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
saw 2pair of my wifes gloves im the laundry this morning
This was all I could see, so I made is so.

#bazinga

Doppler

gpeus.jpg

:pizza:

blindbaby

i want to bang on the drum all day
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just the modern version of dropping a few songs on a cassette, just sounds WAAAY better.
But as long as everything is on a tiny MP3, it won't replace studio quality sound just yet. :)

But 10 years from now, who knows. Once digital completely replaces the CD as the CD replaced the cassette/vinyl. The home digital tech has certainly come a long, long, long, long way.

You're sounding senile. lol

The song I posted was mixed and mastered by Grammy award winning engineer -- David Kahne (Paul McCartney, Tony Bennet). I highly doubt he's going to ruin his name by throwing something out there that he knows is just cheese from a production stand point.

Again, like it or not, high quality studio gear is and has been software based for years. That's not to say hardware isn't used anymore, but it's not the be all end all.

Although I agree with the link about compression ruining music, it has nothing to do whatsoever with this discussion; irrelevant noise (pardon the pun).

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kOBKb.jpg

#16: We're not telling the Navy everything, keep it quiet.

Bizzle McDizzle

all of your teams suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're sounding senile. lol

The song I posted was mixed and mastered by Grammy award winning engineer -- David Kahne (Paul McCartney, Tony Bennet). I highly doubt he's going to ruin his name by throwing something out there that he knows is just cheese from a production stand point.

Again, like it or not, high quality studio gear is and has been software based for years. That's not to say hardware isn't used anymore, but it's not the be all end all.

Although I agree with the link about compression ruining music, it has nothing to do whatsoever with this discussion; irrelevant noise (pardon the pun).

I AM NOT SENILE!!

WILL SOMEONE ANSWER THAT DAMN PHONE

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UVLKM.jpg

Hank is an asshole.

Bizzle McDizzle

all of your teams suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my wife just saw the picture i posted with her gloves

she called me a giant dork and said she had no clue why her gloves were laid out like that.

doppler win

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
saw that on our local news about a month ago since its a local company fromt he vancouver area ... the dude who owns that company sounded/looked like a real sheister ... just sayin

they havent "shown" their technology yet, correct?

From the article it's sounds like they're keeping it secret. However the US Military is apparently very interested after a meeting/demonstration so I would hope they have enough sense to see past a scam if that is indeed the case.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the article it's sounds like they're keeping it secret. However the US Military is apparently very interested after a meeting/demonstration so I would hope they have enough sense to see past a scam if that is indeed the case.

so he says, right?

heres the vid from the news i saw

and I couldnt have said it any better than the person making the comment at youtube:

It sounds like a concept, not a working prototype. The photos look staged. I would say this is a PR stunt to drive attention to his camouflage textiles business. I would not have reported this without seeing a demonstration.

[YOUTUBE]9LakB-9Hex8[/YOUTUBE]

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so he says, right?

heres the vid from the news i saw

and I couldnt have said it any better than the person making the comment at youtube:

It sounds like a concept, not a working prototype. The photos look staged. I would say this is a PR stunt to drive attention to his camouflage textiles business. I would not have reported this without seeing a demonstration.

[YOUTUBE]9LakB-9Hex8[/YOUTUBE]

Makes sense.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if youre a foreign govt looking for something cutting edge in terms of this type of product, you cant go ask the US military if they have had dealings with this company because its "classified"

so you better have a meeting with this guy to find out first hand ... the only way

at said meeting he pulls the old bait and switch ... "wanna buy my regular lightweight military duds?"

sheister has a good angle lol

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Massive

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.