• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Things we find freaking neat but no place to post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes the US is so weird.

Petreaus had an affair. Why should anyone other than the family and friends of him and his mistress care? Was he having an affair with a colleague? No. Was it harrasment? No, completely consensual. Did it put sensitive information at risk? Did it impeded his ability to do his job? So far, the answer appears to be a resounding no to each.

To be fair, Petreaus resigned, he wasn't fired. And if he did that because he felt he needed to fix his personal life fine. But I suspect it had more to do with publish pressure. And that's weird. There's not many people qualified to be CIA director. An affair shouldn't be an automatic disqualifier.

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Petreaus had an affair. Why should anyone other than the family and friends of him and his mistress care? Was he having an affair with a colleague? No. Was it harrasment? No, completely consensual. Did it put sensitive information at risk? Did it impeded his ability to do his job? So far, the answer appears to be a resounding no to each.

To be fair, Petreaus resigned, he wasn't fired. And if he did that because he felt he needed to fix his personal life fine. But I suspect it had more to do with publish pressure. And that's weird. There's not many people qualified to be CIA director. An affair shouldn't be an automatic disqualifier.

REPORTED TO AN UNDERCOVER FBI AGENT!

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It becomes an automatic disqualifier if you are in a position with information that can damage the national security because it is something that can be held over your head in the way of blackmail. It is the same reason that government employees have to disclose their financials.

It is what it is. If it can be held over your head and you have something valuable to offer, it can get you booted. It is a double blow as well, because it necessitates it going public to destroy the secret aspect and get rid of anything that can be held over your head.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
It becomes an automatic disqualifier if you are in a position with information that can damage the national security because it is something that can be held over your head in the way of blackmail. It is the same reason that government employees have to disclose their financials.

It is what it is. If it can be held over your head and you have something valuable to offer, it can get you booted. It is a double blow as well, because it necessitates it going public to destroy the secret aspect and get rid of anything that can be held over your head.

devils advocate: if he says "yes it's true, I am banging that. what of it?" then it can no longer can be held against him.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
devils advocate: if he says "yes it's true, I am banging that. what of it?" then it can no longer can be held against him.

This is correct, however it shows that he has and may again be willing to take part in the type of behavior that can compromise him. In a position such as his, it is not worth the risk.

It may be unfair, but certain jobs demand it of you.

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was on Good Morning America back in the 80's, supposedly...

Last edited by a moderator:

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Plus, if you can't keep a piece of tail secret because you don't understand complex passwords on email, then *maybe* the CIA isn't for you.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So last night, I went to the thing with Mitch Korn. My boy and I actually got there a little early and talked with him a bit beforehand. He's a pretty funny guy and not at all what I was expecting.

So he started off showing the top 10 playoff goalie goofs like Cloutier letting one in from the other side of center and the infamous Patty Roy "I got it! I got it! I don't got it..." goof.

Then he went into the top ten saves of one year. One was Steve Mason's behind the back one from the year before last and as that was on a voice came from the back of the room "I hope everyone is paying attention. A Predators coach acknowledging a Blue Jacket for doing something right! This is HISTORY!"

It was Todd Richards, who came by to give Mitch some shit. And then Richards went out and ran a High School practice.

After listening to him talk I see why the Hockey News says that Korn is one of the top minds in hockey. He had such a great outlook on everything. And his way of explaining it to the kids was great. I am definitely going to try and get my boy down to Nashville this summer for his camp.

The best part was when he explained how he got his job in the NHL. He was giving a camp at the Sabres practice rink. He was doing a tape session with the kids in a locker room and the lights were out. It got kinda loud and crazy and when it was over, he flicked on the lights to find Rick Dudley sitting in the back of the room. Duds had heard the noise from his office and came in to check it out. As Korn was talking, Duds kept hearing things he didn't know about goaltending. Later that year, Dudley called him and asked if he wanted a job shuttling back and forth between Buffalo and Rochester to work with two "kinda out there" goalies. Those two were Olie Kolzig and Dominik Hasek.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dudley called him and asked if he wanted a job shuttling back and forth between Buffalo and Rochester to work with two "kinda out there" goalies. Those two were Olie Kolzig and Dominik Hasek.

That's great stuff - Yeah, Hasek is kinda out there in the same way that Pluto (the planet wannabe) is kinda out there...

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i will watch that!

Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline
Great catching up with Clint Malarchuk. During our chat he revealed that ESPN will document his life as part of the '30-for-30' series.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i will watch that!

Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline
Great catching up with Clint Malarchuk. During our chat he revealed that ESPN will document his life as part of the '30-for-30' series.

I will as well...

yes I will also watch this 30 for 30. I watched a TSN (I think it was TSN) segment on him and it was very good.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. password

2, 123456

3. 12345678

4. abc123

5. qwerty

6. monkey

7. letmein

8. dragon

9. 111111

10. baseball

11. iloveyou

12. trustno1

13. 1234567

14. sunshine

15. master

16. 123123

17. welcome

18. shadow

19. ashley

20. football

21. jesus

22. michael

23. ninja

24. mustang

25. password1

The 25 worst passwords of 2012 - CNN.com

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notice how none of these passwords have a niner in them...

Status
Not open for further replies.