• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Things we find freaking neat but no place to post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
careful boys

MV5BMTg5MTIyNTE3Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNzc3NjE5._V1._SY317_.jpg

I can't even see whatever pic this is from my phone. :noidea:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"That in some ways would be more exciting, because it would give us the limits for life as we know if on the earth," said Pearce. "There are even active organisms in clouds."

This is most fascinating to me. If life can't exist in these regions on earth, scientists will likely postulate it is unlikely life exists on distant moons around Saturn or Jupiter since they're even colder. Of course, it could just be that organisms on Earth evolved to deal with warmer temperatures whereas those on a cold moon might evolve to deal with extreme cold.

Either way, it's a remarkable pursuit, and I'm excited to see what comes of it.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"That in some ways would be more exciting, because it would give us the limits for life as we know if on the earth," said Pearce. "There are even active organisms in clouds."

This is most fascinating to me. If life can't exist in these regions on earth, scientists will likely postulate it is unlikely life exists on distant moons around Saturn or Jupiter since they're even colder. Of course, it could just be that organisms on Earth evolved to deal with warmer temperatures whereas those on a cold moon might evolve to deal with extreme cold.

Either way, it's a remarkable pursuit, and I'm excited to see what comes of it.

I agree. Just because life as we know it can't survive in certain environments here on Earth doesn't mean that organisms didn't evolve into dealing with hotter or colder climates on other planets.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look up archea and extemophiles. You would be shocked what life forms can live on here (metal, radiation, etc....)

I've got two papers on my desk I need to finish reading by 11, but if I get done early, I'll be sure to look at those.

Science is pretty awesome. :nerd:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neil deGrasse Tyson is going to talk at my girlfriend's school, and she already has a ticket to see him.

I'm jealous.

blindbaby

i want to bang on the drum all day
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what..... the.......

That's what I said. It's actually an excerpt from a youtube video where the girls decide that they've never had a black eye so it would be cool to punch each other in the face, inducing co-black eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.