• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Things we find freaking neat but no place to post

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also like the camera enforced speed limits in construction zones. There is one outside Cumberland Md that the ENTIRE "construction zone" is the place for them to park the car with the speed cameras. No evidence of work being done anywhere, and it's been that way since at least my trip back in June.

They weren't photo enforced, but NC got in trouble several years back for intentionally leaving construction zone speed limits in place after the work was done so that they could charge the higher fines for speeding in those areas.

I think it finally ended when a guy filed suit about it with a printout from the NC DOT project listing showing status = complete for the area he had gotten busted in.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They weren't photo enforced, but NC got in trouble several years back for intentionally leaving construction zone speed limits in place after the work was done so that they could charge the higher fines for speeding in those areas.

I think it finally ended when a guy filed suit about it with a printout from the NC DOT project listing showing status = complete for the area he had gotten busted in.

Yeah, the increase in revenue from speeders doesn't really give a lot of incentive to finish projects.

But it's not like Maryland has ever finished a road project anyway.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
L2mKTW7.jpg

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those your speed signs are awesome. Encountered quite a few this weekend. 300 cars go by and it flashed up a "75". Which one of us is going that speed? Very effective. And probably only cost the taxpayers of Maryland a billion of moneys.

I also like the camera enforced speed limits in construction zones. There is one outside Cumberland Md that the ENTIRE "construction zone" is the place for them to park the car with the speed cameras. No evidence of work being done anywhere, and it's been that way since at least my trip back in June.

postcardlovefrommd.jpg

;)

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only problem I have with those flashing speed signs is that my daughter reports the number she sees to my wife.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only problem I have with those flashing speed signs is that my daughter reports the number she sees to my wife.

You've gotta start bribing her with more than a dollar, Dash. It's not 1983 anymore.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I just took a look at the thumbs up race to 2,000 and eloco is pulling away like Secretariat at Belmont Park.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I just took a look at the thumbs up race to 2,000 and eloco is pulling away like Secretariat at Belmont Park.

I got about 100 during the week you were gone, so if you make 1,900 before I reach 2,000, it would only be fair to concede the bet to you.

That said, let's just saying I've been checking out avatar options and have some selections in mind. ;)

Muaahahahaha.

Status
Not open for further replies.