• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Things we find freaking neat but no place to post

Status
Not open for further replies.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought I had flash backs of the swamp.

dog_flashback.gif

buffhockey

When the musics over
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,837.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you don’t have a few hundred extra dollars to spare, the chances of you being able to witness the 2013 World Series live are pretty small. But according to Deadspin, a baseball fan named Erik found an incredible deal on a World Series ticket for Wednesday’s Game 1 between the Boston Red Sox and St. Louis Cardinals at Fenway Park for a meager price of $6.00, including fees — the actual price of the ticket was $3.00. For the price of a spring training game in March, this lucky guy is going to see the two best teams in baseball write another chapter in World Series history. This has to be one of the greatest ticket deals in the history of sporting events. As the marquee event of professional baseball, the Fall Classic is always a hot ticket, but in a historic baseball city such as Boston, getting tickets is often a near-impossible task. As of Monday at 9:00 p.m. ET, StubHub has a total of 2,955 tickets remaining for Game 1. The cheapest tickets available are for home plate standing room only, and cost $396.00 per seat. If there’s a lesson in all of this, it’s to double and triple check your listing before selling tickets to a major event, or you will lose out big time like the person who sold Erik his ticket. Proof of the StubHub transaction is in the photo below.

wow.png

:L - Seller
:drink: - Buyer

Lucky Fan Buys Ticket on StubHub to Red Sox-Cardinals Game 1 of World Series for $6 (Photo) | Boston Red Sox | NESN.com

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
those bastards *shakes fist*

StubHub Cancels $6 World Series Ticket Sale, Gives Guy Ticket Anyway

Apparently the seller contacted stub hub because I got an email saying they were canceling my $6 World Series ticket.

Also I got a poorly worded voicemail saying that the ticket was fake and that I was protected by the fan protect guarantee. I'd get my 6 bucks back. Woohoo.

I called stubhub and spent 41 min on the phone with them and spoke to 4 different people. The story changed to that the seller of the ticket had committed fraud. I really think that they just listed it wrong and complained and stubhub is acting so that they can get a large commission off of the ticket by reselling it for full price or something to that effect.

I asked them to comp me a comparable ticket but they said there weren't any available. I said there were literally dozens of tickets in the same section or adjacent sections, but they refused saying they couldn't.

After more time on the phone I finally got them to give me a $50 account credit. That's it. I'm pretty pissed because I was going to take 2 half days, fly wed to boston from Pittsburgh and back Thursday morning after the game.

It would've been great to show up and be the guy who got to go for $3

We reached out to StubHub and heard back from Alison Salcedo, the company's head of U.S. communication. She told us the sale was deemed fraudulent and that Erik would be refunded for his purchase. But there's a happy ending! Salcedo also sent along a statement:

A recent sale for a $6 ticket to Game 1 of the 2013 World Series ticket has proven to be a fraudulent listing. Per company policy, the sale has been cancelled and StubHub will make it right for the buyer by providing replacement tickets in a comparable location at our expense.

the buyer will also receive a blowjob

i love happy endings

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.